Match chat not working

I can join match chat, and my mic doesn’t appear muted when looking at it, but I’m not able to hear people even though I can see their icon to show their talking and my mic isn’t working either. Regular party chat works (i play on xbox) and I don’t have any parental settings on but I reset those just in case as well. I also reset my voice/sound settings on overwatch and restarted my game and console and can’t seem to fix the problem. I read sending chat logs help when asking for support here, but I don’t know how to access them from my xbox, and help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE ON XBOX This problem happens to me too, and I’m on Xbox. Here’s a solution - press the Xbox button on the controller > browse over Overwatch so it’s in a color that your Xbox is themed to > press the 3 Lines button > Press Quit. (this restarts your game) > Open Overwatch again. You being able to hear everyone in game chat but not being able to talk is caused by you disconnecting your physical mic while Overwatch is open. My mic sometimes disconnects because of the coord position being stretched a bit too much. When you reconnect your physical mic, your input for your mic in Overwatch and in Overwatch only will not go through to the rest of your team.

Edit: There must be a problem where Overwatch can’t detect your mic after it disconnects, maybe it must be detected before you press A in the start menu to join the game server.

To keep everyone informed, use this thread for tracking the Xbox voice chat issue: