Role Limits in Quick Play

We’re aware of a bug that is incorrectly applying role limits to Quick Play matches. We’re currently investigating and will update when resolved.

If you’d like to help us test Role Queue, jump into the Role Queue Beta Season available now until September 1. Role Queue will be fully available for Quick Play and Competitive Play beginning on September 1 for the start of Competitive Season 18. If you’d like to continue playing without role limits, Quick Play Classic will become available in the Arcade starting on September 1.

Please continue to share your feedback. Thank you!
Molly

Update - Aug 13 @ 4PM PST:

The issues causing role limits to be placed on Quick Play today have been resolved. Enjoy your games!

45 Likes

Thanks Mol. Please can your team confirm whether Quick Play Classic will indeed be a permanent mode and not rotated out.

14 Likes

Are you kidding me? I just had the best 6 quickmatch games since I play Overwatch! If it is a bug please make it a feature!

63 Likes

Thanks for getting a standard post up Molly.

Quick Play will have Role Limits but only when Role Queue goes live on September 1st.

20 Likes

I called this bug being a thing before it was.

(Should have just let Role Queue be a thing.)

But hey, at least we didn’t get silence back.

4 Likes

Endorsements in arcade? :thinking:

8 Likes

Please offer Classic QP all the time.

14 Likes

It’s probably going to be like no limits.

1 Like

Its going to be a feature. 222 Is coming to QP just right now picking heroes is bugged and limited.

3 Likes

<3 Devs and Forum Community Managers for all your hard work communicating with us ^^

2 Likes

My feedback is go ahead and implement Role Queue now on Quickplay. There’s no reason to wait. You’ve balanced the characters around it, so go ahead and put us into the thick of it. Let people acclimate now.

Waiting does nothing except leave us in the same half-fixed state that the League is in except reverse.

20 Likes

I actually had FUN in a losing QP game for the first time in ages

Please keep this bug :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14 Likes

So basically for the next 24 hours or 48… Role Lock is gonna be a thing… just not RQ

Can we have this bug just kept and put normal QP in arcade?

8 Likes

Silly question. What will be different from this beta version of role queue comp to what we will get at 1. september?

The bug reveals the unintended consequences of putting role limits into quick play. Leave it until September and reap what you have sown.

wait i thougth QP was supposed to have locked 2-2-2?

So am i being told that is not the case?

On September 1st. See the official blog post for details.

1 Like

It is in September; after the “beta” comp season

Right now though, it is bugged and forces 2-2-2 in QP as well

Oh thank god, I was REALLY worried for a minute there. I thought you guys decided to change it for Comp only.

3 Likes