So, where's the promised QP classic?

Jeff said in one of the latest updates that QP classic would still be around for those who don’t want 2-2-2 rolelock . Where is it? I can’t find it anywhere.

1 Like

It’s coming September 1st. There’s a bug right now where QP is role-locked when it is not supposed to be.

6 Likes

glad to hear that! QP felt like an out of season april fools joke when I jumped in.

Check out this thread for more info:

1 Like

Its actually a wonderful bug. I love the games I’m in.

6 Likes

Maybe it was. Blizzard lives for those.

2 Likes

Hahaha that’s kinda true too hahaha

I don’t mind it really either.

1 Like

Sure if you are someone that plays all roles.

*Tearfully pats No Limits*
“There there, he didn’t mean that…”

1 Like

Even when I’ve picked really late there’s times I could still be dps. It’s not been bad at all. The games have all felt good to, My last 10 games have been a 50/50 win rate, but the losses haven’t felt bad and overall I’m happy with the gameplay. I might have just had a string of good games, but that’s what happened. There’s been a lot less cheese used too.

1 Like

How I feel about it too

Been playing the bugged QP and actually enjoying it due to the lack of real stress from Comp with the bonus of it actually having SOME structure now.

Even games I lost, I never really felt that salty rage that old QP used to fuel me with when my 4 DPS autolocks let the solo heal Ana get gold damage done :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We want QP Classic to be an option when you hit QP. Have it open a menu of Role Q or QP classic (and hell throw No lmiits aka real classic in there too)

Yeah it feels good. I want to stress that maybe I’m just in a better mood today, and I’ve always been kind of chill when it comes to winning/losing/hearing trashtalk anyway so it might just be that these games have been good ones, but nevertheless they were good games. I think the structure does help though. When role queue comes I hope the dps queue times are low. Right now in the comp beta it says they’re all less than 5 minutes which is good, I’m not sure if that number is dynamic.

My games were pretty boring honestly. I had to play tank and healer 8/10 games. And I don’t find those roles fun. I was actually pretty bored in general with the match ups. Sigma was almost in all of them plus Rein or Orisa and in a lot of my games my team couldn’t push or didn’t even try to. I spent my time shooting at shields. 2/2/2 against 2/2/2 is genuinely boring. Especially since Orisa and Sigma are gonna be played a lot now. I might just play aim arenas or deathmatch from now on. Or classic QP in arcade because that’s just more fun.

If you said Zen, Moira, Lucio or Baptiste I would’ve believed you. In that case even if you have gold damage as a healer it means you’re not healing enough unless you’re Zen.

The wonderful world of QP the last few days before role lock were horrible

I am not sure if people were trolling, throwing on purpose, or whatever, but there was legit a game I had 4 DPS, and I still had gold damage done as Ana ontop of trying to heal them (Loss of course)

2 Likes

I just came here to find out if this was a bug

I backfilled in a game where there were 2 tanks, 2 dps and 1 support, and it only let me choose support. I was like “did… did I queue for this?”

Yeah because people were lashing out and instalocking DPS because they couldn’t after today. Can you really blame them?

True, but I mean, can’t just think of yourself in a team based game right?

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and work together :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Least now that wont be a problem which is SUPER nice