I LOVE role queue with some exceptions

Lovin the new feature, I don’t visit the forums much but just wanted to log in to say good job! Here is what i feel could be better:

1. In QP you are forcing DPS mains to play Healer/Tanks etc…they can’t choose dps so they leave the match. My fix is:
  • Allow queuing for roles in QP before match but allow players to choose multiple roles…this way flex players who don’t want to wait in Q for DPS can get into a game where they can choose whatever is left over (once everyone else chooses their hero).

For example: I love to heal and dps but hate tanking. I sign up as healer OR dps before i play QP, once the game starts up I wait until everyone else chooses their heroes then i choose whatever spot is open (healer or dps). If I only want to play heals I just queue for healer and the system is like how it works right now.
Hope this makes sense!

Still leaves most of your QP playerbase either sitting there staring at a timer counting up instead of playing the game or forces them to player tank/healer but DPS on the role instead.

This is what going to happen 1st september if you didn’t read the article.

It was actually sudden that they changed QP

This was confirmed to be a bug, it’s not how quick play rolequeue is going to work, they’ll probably patch it within the next few hours.

1 Like

Here you go. :slight_smile:

Thank y ou so much! Appreciate it =]

Yes, that is how it is meant to work, and how it worked on ptr.

It is a bug that it isnt, and they are fixing it.

1 Like

QP is bugged. it’s not supposed to have role lock applied to it yet. It’s being applied wrong as well

My pleasure. :heart:

What I don’t get, and whats most INFURIATING about this new role queue is just how many games it takes to get to any rank. I have to play and win 5 games in a row just to advance 100 points. that means it takes 50 STRAIGHT WINS just to go from gold to diamond or any other 2 ranks.

I lost all of my motivation to play comp if it means that, after placement, its going to be a massive grind just to get to some other rank. What’s the point in playing comp if you’re going to go nowhere.

A players rank is determined by 5 other people on the team and getting only 20 points per win is just a poor decision.

Is QP going to have insane times queue times?

I sure hope not, that’s down to their algorithms though.

Allowing people to choose multiple roles basically undermines 2-2-2. You’re back to square one with there being 5 dps and one tank/one healer, and people complain about it, which is what 2-2-2 is trying to solve.