Issues with Echo, will update as they come up

RIGHT???
THAT’S WHAT I SAID ON PTR
but it didn’t matter

It’s kind of like dva because it’s more limited, but in reality it works more like mercy. Mercy’s ult in cooldown sigh

4 Likes

I think is this intentional. Sombra hack doesn’t stop Mercy ult flight either.

4 Likes

Nope.

The general rule is, if an ability can be cancelled by a stun it will be cancelled by hack (accretion, micro missles, kinetic grasp, deflect, etc).

1 Like

Yes, Echo’s Flight ability function similar to D.va so I do not understand why this is not hack-able.

As far as her ultimate, this is a tough one since she can duplicate any hero, and all heroes function differently against Sombra’s hack.

Well Mercy is a transformation ULT, Echo’s flight is an ability that functions outside the rules.

these are both intended

65 Likes

Wait why not the flight?

5 Likes

I was right. This is consistent with Mercy’s ult since Mercy can still fly. And thanks for the duplicate thing.

7 Likes

What!?!?

7 Likes

Is Echo supposed to be in competitive right now? I thought there was a 2 week waiting period after she released to be put in comp?

1 Like

My question is why the emp one?

From what I saw the D.va bomb and bob stay, unless the isolation is making me crazy

Why does it not interrupt flight? I considered it closest to a high noon which can be hacked.

1 Like

Good. EMP lasts too long anyways. At least one hero can get away from the minute long hack at the end of an ult.

1 Like

For Flight, i believe Hack cancels the initial burst movement because that part of Flight is channeled, but the Flight section [free flight with a duration of 3 seconds] isn’t channeled therefore not Hack-able.

High noon is channeled. That is still hackable

Moira ult is channeled. That is still hackable

Shall I continue?

This kinda make this question all the more relevant then: Why play Pharah ever when Echo does everything she can but way better and is far less vulnerable?

4 Likes

why though? :C

1 Like

Hey Jeff, a quick question if I may, is there any way we could get Echo’s floating tied to the glide ability instead of her secondary fire on controllers?

It’s a little problematic how it’s set up currently

2 Likes

Because it makes sense?

1 Like