I Quit (RichC) 🍺

Video Version:

If you are expecting me to bash Overwatch, and bash the devs in this thread, you can forget it. I have hundreds of hours and made a ton of friends playing this game. It’s been my honor to participate in discussions with you all over the past 2+ years.

I’m RichC, a tank main since Beta. I’ve loved shielding my team, initiating fights, taking space, shotcalling, and staying positive while complimenting my supports, dps, and fellow tank players on great plays.

I’ve read thousands of posts on these forums over the past 2 years, and I’ve come to appreciate and admire many forum goers here. You have seriously made my days while working fly by with your posts and discussions. I appreciate you, and I thank you for all your contributions and care towards this game.

That all said, there is one major element that is driving me away from the game: BUGS

Even if I play hard, work as a team, I can’t begin tell you how extremely horrible it feels to do something right, but be robbed by a bug. It’s hard enough getting 5 other teammates to work together, but to have bugs consistently mixed in to all your games, is just a crushing experience as a gamer.

The consistent BUGS should be this communities (and devs) #1 priority. But I’ve watched the seasons roll by and it feels like when we take 1 step forward in correcting the bugs, we take 2 steps back. Every new hero released, or event, or major patch seems to bring more bugs. So much so you even see them in OWL games.

I love the game, I love the community, I appreciate so many of you on the forums for making my time here awesome and well spent. But the bugs have killed it for me.

YOU (the community) have made this game GLORIOUS for me, and I can’t thank you enough.

This is your tank main RichC signing off.

Live with Honor

411 Likes

That’s too bad.

Hopefully Rein bug fixes will be coming soon. Feels like they finally fixed the main “hair on fire” balance issues (except for Hanzo).

See you later if you ever come back.

15 Likes

Sorry to see you go, take care! :heart:

For Honor and Glory!

28 Likes

Gonna miss seeing you on the forum :<

90 Likes

cheers mate :beer::beer::beer:

5 Likes

oh man , RichC quits
I dont usually Writte here in this forum
just only read but I can say:
We will miss you RichC

34 Likes

You were constantly one of the most helpful, positive people on these forums, and someone I looked up to for a while.

I can’t believe this is happening, but it’s your decision and I support it. It’s terrible seeing you go, but hopefully you find happiness in whatever else you decide to do!

Thanks for being awesome!

20 Likes

You will come back when the bugs are gone right?

26 Likes

pop in to say hi every now and again, you can’t go forever. I refuse

7 Likes

See you in a week when you comeback.

32 Likes

Die with glory, old friend.

23 Likes

Lmfao when will people learn, if you make a quit thread you’re not really quitting. If you quit a game you just leave. See you in a week or two, good gravy.

31 Likes

To be fair, the devs are slow with bug fixes. I can see why people would be unhappy.

17 Likes

Don’t know much about you, only that you were a well respected member of this place.

I, and many others, will miss you when you go. But we will accept your choice.
Have a great time wherever you are destined to go.

6 Likes

i get u mate
i play genji tracer doom (and rein sometimes)
and they r unfun to play anymore just b/c of bugs

i hope they will fix them soon and u will come back to us :heart:

4 Likes

Never really got the chance to speak to you, but sad to see you go regardless. You seem super positive and you’re always brightening everyones’ days. :heart:

4 Likes

Die with Glory

16 Likes

Will miss you friend, for me there is still Organics to enslave for the Omnic AI’s so if you ever decide to visit I should still be here to share a drink and a few tales of glory.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree but I don’t agree that it will put casuals off as most as he’s suggesting. Most bugs in this game are too suttle for a casual player to notice.

Balancing should be quicker definitely but it’s not enough to stop me playing the game. He will be back though i promise you that, a friemd of mine was convinced he was done with overwatch and stopped playing for 6 months, maybe a match here oe there once in a blue moon. He’s back playing and into it more than ever, people get burnt out when they do too much of anything, doesn’t matter what it is and rn there is no shooter better than overwatch so…

1 Like

See ya later.

I never understood “quiting”. It’s like you quit a job from how people are wording it.

1 Like