Can anyone explains to me please why adjusting Genji is considered a "troll" thing?

So I made a thread earlier asking for some Genji balance ideas and some people really thought I was trolling.
He has one of strongest ults in the whole game with 120hp dmg per slash. Except Pharaj and Reaper which are completely imobile and can be interrupted, there isnt any other hero in the game who can make such damage (Im not mentioning here combo ults such as Grav + Pulse bomb, Grav + Rip Tire etc) so can he get maybe less slashes in hos ult or a dmg reduction to like 90 per slash and maybe a buff to his primary to compensate idk?
He also has a very generous kit with no cooldown double jump, lots of ammo, dash reset after killing (which doesnt apply to any other hero - for example Widow or Ashe dont get their venom mine or dynamyte restored after killing someone) why does he get special snowflake treatment? Add please to exp card 4-5 cooldown on double jump
He has been a meta hero since launch of the game
What’s wrong in trying to put some balance into him for an experimental card?

4 Likes

If your team isn’t focusing him during his ult then it’s the teams fault.
If you don’t have a defensive ult just do 200 damage between SIX of you. Even with a defensive ult there’s no reason not to be shooting him
Or 300 if Nanod.

You can do it

Pro tip… junk tire insta gibs a nano blade with no effort

8 Likes

Well I know Jonal has been asking for +2 damage on his Shuruken forever, because it hits a breakpoint.

1 Like

The perception at higher levels is that he is weak and often that perception overrides reality. Look at Symmetra, easily one of the stronger heroes. Absurd winrate, present in OWL… but she is weak because she is not viable on every map… or something? No idea what the logic is.

2 Likes

Well lets look at your post

Don’t think I need to say much here

People that suggest this don’t know how Genji works

Why?

Overall, your suggestions are kinda ridiculous, plus you are asking to sledgehammer nerf a hero that isn’t doing that well.

7 Likes

But you can also counter is reliably with abilities like Hook, Whipshot, and Discord Orb.

His kit has a lot of stuff in it but none of it is particularly good, Genjis rely on comboing all his parts together with precision and timing.

I don’t think Genji should be good against “bulky dps” like Reaper.

1 Like

“Dont think i need to say much here” “ppl dont know how Genji work etc” you said a lot but in reality didnt bother to explain anything, thanks anyway.

1 Like

I mean your name is probably a good starting point for assumptions.

Yea, see this?
Putting views on Genji aside, this is just objectively wrong.
The dude hasn’t been meta since Dive, and even then he was “meh” as he was consistently swapped for Widow, someone he should counter well.

1 Like

Basic forum rules to be honest, you don’t touch Shimada brothers with something that might seem like a nerf. That’s just standard decorum here. Shimada brothers are no touchy.

Doesn’t say so directly in the forum rules but that’s how it is here. If you value your life, don’t suggest any nerfs or changes to the Shimada brothers. Else you get the horde of edgy followers on your back.

1 Like

You’ve got to be kidding, people on here were asking for Hanzo blood for 2 years straight.

7 Likes

when you say stuff like

it very much seems like you dont understand how genji’s kit works. try and guess as to why he gets dash reset, its not hard to figure out

2 Likes

But people WANTED Hanzo gutted and now that he is trash, people shoot down literally any ideas to help him. Even ideas that might technically nerf how annoying he is to play against in favor of more utility.

1 Like

Not to mention people would laugh at anyone that suggested a buff for Genji. People still do but some people have changed their minds

1 Like

Genji literally has not been meta since Dive back in season 6… and there are a ton of things that can counter Dragonblade. Like any CC (flashbang, sleep) and if he’s nano’d (shatter,grav) and its not a bad trade because you’re shutting down 2 ults for 1

1 Like

People get emotionally attached to what they like.

It happens. I was in a similar boat. Changed nothing in his kit, and suggested genji and not mei be a tank

You would have thought I suggested removing him. Or, like I stole someone’s wife. The reaction was intense and virulent all over

His role. Again, I didn’t nerf him or say he was bad. Just, tweak for a role switch

People are attached. They don’t like change. Some, like me, are pretty broad and fair to how things can apply. But often, if it’s something you enjoy, making that mental concession can be hard even in hypothetical

1 Like

… Okay so the six people focus entirely on ONE hero ulting, which is fine and dandy until you remember that it’s a team game and there are FIVE other enemy heroes that you just ignored.

Yup.
What do you think it takes a long time for six people to do 200 damage especially when the hero comes to you?
It’s a team game exactly what you said because you shut him down as a team so that he actually dies instead of running your back line
4head
He dies like instantly if you Play as a team

2 Likes

Yes and for each thread made to get Hanzo changed, people was more or less strung up and beaten to a pulp for daring such a suggestion. I remember those discussion quite well.

Not gutted, fair to play against. When scatter was a thing, he dropped down on you and shot at your feet for max potential with little effort in the play. At least with stor arrows he has to aim.

because at this point, if you STILL can’t deal with a genji, with all the braindead or no aim mechanics this game gave you to deal with him, it’s you who needs improvement.