Blizzard, you can't balance mercy's rez as a cooldown

No :frowning: I wish.

Yeah…I wasn’t sure either way until that last response where he/she accused me of being you and sarcastically said:

She repeatedly asked me and others to keep it classy, but then responds with an outright sarcastic comment (“I must say, you did have me going for a bit. Very cute. I admire you for defending a known troll’s past behavior”) followed up with a baseless accusation that we’re the same person? Also, I did what he/she asked and looked at your post history to confirm you were a “known toxic troll” and didn’t find anything (just the responses in this thread, a post about paladdins, multiple posts about Winter Wonderland event skins, and helping a newbie like me out on when Winter Wonderland starts).

Also, I mean couldn’t us being the same person easily be debunked by a Blizzard employee checking our IP addresses?

That coupled with @Eternity’s post listing OP’s threads on reverting mercy alone:

Is really, really hurting her cause. As a mercy main, I think posts like this that are passive aggressive, outright aggressive, and include hurling baseless accusations of repeat/alternate accounts + who is a toxic individual and who isn’t are part of why the mercy community as a whole have a negative reputation on the forums. sigh.

6 Likes

Why was this mass flagged? Get your stuff together, Overwatch Community. (EDIT: Actually, I think I know why this was flagged. An extremely similar thread was made by the same OP a day or two ago. Up to the mods to decide what to do, I guess.

Alright, lets take a look.

Don’t know what world you live in pal. Troll Pick and Not S-Tier are two very different things.

That’s actually a decently accurate description of why people don’t like the old one. I’ll point out, however, that even if Rez only worked with LoS, people would still hide and rez. They would just have to jump out at the end.

Next section is pretty much you saying that Valk was busted at first, so I’ll skip that part.

Oh boy, where do I start? The fact that it mass checks the ult economy isn’t a good thing. It doesn’t balance ults, it just introduces “one ult to rule them all”. Ults as a whole need looking at, but mass rez is a horrible solution. Your second point is where I’m really about to have an aneurysm reading it. It isn’t engaging at all. It is by far the most passive ult in the game, with her current ult being second. Your concept of “strategic timing” is more often than not just waiting until a lot of your teammates die (as a support, letting your team die is something that you’re supposed to be going against. You bring them back, but you shouldn’t let them die to begin with.). It’s rewarding and impactful, but not for the right reasons. It’s only like that because it’s broken. Teams strategizing around it consisted solely of killing the Mercy before she used it, or killing her team again, both of which are easier said than done, and if they meet the first criteria, she would still have it. It’s also impossible to do a “bad rez”. It charges quickly, even if you only rez 1 or 2 people, that’s still a lot of value, and when she does use it, she has invincibility. There’s no risk in using it. Low risk high reward is unheard of for a reason, and that’s because it’s horrible design.

I don’t have too much of an issue with your points on Valk, so I’ll skip that part

Placeholder values are a bit iffy, but they’re placeholders for a reason. Seems Interesting. Definitely the type of thing that I won’t know what to think of until it’s actually done.

Not a chance. She doesn’t need 2 get out of jail free cards, and an ult charge buff is unfathomable. However, you might be onto something with temp beam buff.

But yea, that’s my two cents.

Mass Rez with dynamic cast time = "Being pacified for buffs?

Hmm… Are you looking at the same thread? Because I’m not sure if you’ve read mine. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
#ReworkMercy
:blue_heart:

I support xavvy as we share some similar opinions and stood up for me and others when dealing with interesting people on these rotten forum, they also let me “borrow” their sig so oof. I do not support mass rez or it’s return but do support 60 hps and 70 hps in valk. Possibly a 1 second Rez cast in valk but that’s up for grabs.
Xavvy has earned my respect even if we advocate for different things, and has never from what I’ve seen been excessively rude corresponding with opposing party’s. They are, and should be, allowed to share opinions on a hero.
The main argument against this thread is that “it’s spam”. It’s not spam if there are different opinions or development in the threads and that is why I disagree with mass flagging this post.
My stance on mass rez was as follows: it did counter many issues in the game but wasn’t healthy as it wasn’t used in the intended context, however, it did make mercy feel impactful on the end result of the match. Which imo, current mercy lacks. You don’t impact the games putcome above the rank of gold maybe. If you are doing everything perfectly but your team just isn’t winning there isn’t anything you can do to win, except maybe battle mercy but not really. Old mercy had that “carry” factor. That’s why I advocate for significant buffs or a rework, not a revert of any form.
She needs a Rez of some form as that is her “mascot”. One idea I like is that her Rez works similar to torbs old armour and it’s on a resource that gives one charge every 1.5k heals or so, so good mercys will get many rezes (which would be instant or close to) while worse mercy won’t. This will be her e but at least it’s not on cd. Her ultimate could be a burst of healing or just valk with tweaks. This is a mercy that is engaging (to me as that is subjective) and makes you think more about who to Rez than just “oh they died during the fight we won, I’ll rez”. Im not sure how much damage amp would give in terms of a Rez charge, as I’m not too informed on the average damage amped and my stats aren’t accurate. (15k+ Heals and 500ish damage amped at high plat) so meh.
Anyway that’s just my opinion on this.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
PanPan
:heartpulse:

1 Like

I disagree with much of what you said herein, but will give you props for not using the blush emoticon

3 Likes

No, it doesn’t. You can’t handle constructive criticism Aria Rose, you blocked me from twitter for told you you’re obsessed with ‘revert mercy’. All this buzz is not giving feedback about mercy, and early today I replied to your tweets with data in how mercy is in good spot now. And you blocked me. Lol

7 Likes

Maybe she blocked you for harassing her on twitter? Also I wouldn’t call that constructive as it doesn’t suggest anything it’s just a “uR oBsEsSeD oMh”

What do you disagree with, I would love to polish out this idea.

^ This guy knows what’s up. Most people I block are aggressive, inflammatory or passive aggressive (aka, passive insults and “boosted” type comments). I have every right to block whoever I want.

2 Likes

no one says they have no right to talk about what they want. That’s freedom of speech. My problem is the condescending tone and sheer repetitiveness.
Repeating the same points over and over, entering other thread marginally related to mercy and talk about it, generally dismissing others while also claiming to want a discussion.
xavvy has basically two replies. If you agree with them they’re happy and repeat what they said and if you don’t she says they don’t agree and repeat what they said.
How is that supposed to further discussion?
And the fact that we are still discussing the same point after months definetely shows how little the discussion has progressed.

Simply put, saying what you think is ok.
Spamming and being obnoxiously righteous about it is not.

I actually like talking about mercy. She used to be my go-to healer and i watched and read lots of stuff overall to make my own opinion.
I generally am like that, i like reading others opinions and see what i think and mercy just has so much material on these forums it’s impossible.

3 Likes

Factually, Youtubers also have a right to delete comments that dont praise their work

1 Like

I like your channel and even if you say things I disagree with, you don’t deserve to be treated as you are by some people, heck I wouldn’t be suprised if they would confront you in a Kmart they’re that angry about a person wanting change for a video game character. Heh.

I appreciate it. :slight_smile: Honestly though, people stalk me through the forums and other tuber’s comment sections just because they’re angry about my opinions. It’s crazy, just like how this thread was flagged due to people being angry over an opinion. (Also, I’m out of likes so here’s a heart: :purple_heart:)

1 Like

No, I did not harassed her. All I said was tweeted data from overbuff about mercy current state, she’s third most pick support and I quoted Jeff words: ‘We understand that sometimes mercy can outshadowed to another support who need to shine’ that not harassing.

6 Likes

In this thread, OP has accused me of being another user in this thread on an alt account (not true), made an outright aggressive and rude comment to me

Even though all I did was what he/she suggested, look through the accused toxic trolls history as well as hers, and came up with a question giving her an opportunity to explain. She proceeded with:

Despite one of my first replies in this post stating I agree Mercy could do with some tweaks, but I do like her current state.

Although I do not always agree with different mercy mains ideas of tweaks (70 HPS outside of Valk is way, way too much…I think 55HPS is a fair medium), I do give them an opportunity to share their opinion/answer questions before I start making baseless, hurtful accusations and I never respond in a dismissive, accusatory, passive aggressive, or condescending manner.

I respect your right to support OP, but please take a look through some of the replies just in this post. OP has not been representing our community in a good light, in fact, it’s been really negative – even to a fellow mercy main who has questions about what she’s said.

There is a civil way to discuss and effectively get some great ideas out to tweak Mercy, but because of how OP chose to respond to people in this thread and I’m assuming also outside of this thread because many posters here reference outside interactions with OP, there is no constructive conversation about tweaks, just people who are already upset with OP for things he/she has said done in this thread and outside of this thread. For me, that was a huge red flag. I can completely appreciate that OP came to your aid and helped defend you in another thread, but that shouldn’t warrant your blindless loyalty to support OP in everything he/she does, especially when the behavior starts bordering on toxic.

5 Likes

Just because she is highly picked doesn’t mean she is in a amazing state. We also only have 3 main healers so why is that a shocker to you? Ana, Moira, Mercy, Zen, Lucio, Brig. Ana, Moira and Mercy are the only main healers with mercy barely being able to keep up above the rank of plat.

Is that just the current account or the previous one that went by xavvy…

1 Like

That is just the current account. The one that’s actually called ‘RevertMercy’. If I wanted to go further back, I’d be checking the original forums for the topics that were made by xavvy there.

1 Like

Oh really , did I insult you? No. Did I harass you? No. You can’t handle constructive criticism, you blocked to everyone who doesn’t agree with you, you just tweeted that ‘Anti mercy’ players flagged your Rework Mercy thread. There are NO anti Mercy here, if they flagged you is because you’re not giving positive feedback in mercy. It’s because of your obsession, why us Mercy main are harassed in this community.

5 Likes

Just as a reminder, the devs have stated unequivocally that there are no changes planned for Mercy. My suggestion is to either adapt to Mercy as she is or move on. Or, of course, you can continue screaming into the void.

5 Likes