Mercy Rework is Terrible // Revert Mercy | Video

Here’s a pretty in-depth video that really goes into detail as to why Mercy 2.0 doesn’t work in this current state, and why she needs a Revert.

It’s a pretty lengthy one, but it goes over a lot of the reasons why some Mercy mains still feel like there isn’t a lot of impact with her, as well as break down the effects of chain healing on the game from the player’s perspective, as well as other points that aren’t really talked about on the forums.

I highly recommend listening to this in the background or watching it when you have some extra time to spare. Enjoy! :blush:

Credit to Ocie for the video and Racillian for the voiceover / sharing their insight

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

56 Likes

Yes Mercy 2.0 doesn’t work.
She needs a full rework, preferably without res the thing that is causing all problems.

13 Likes

Stop spamming the forums with your daily mercy thread.

31 Likes

Agreed. Mercy mains have the privilege of having their own megathread endorsed directly by the developers and moderators themselves, and yet they ignore it, and repeat the arguments pro-Mass Ress that have already been debunkied several times.

11 Likes

The devs said they want to put the notion of reverting her to rest.

If you don’t enjoy her anymore,just play another hero. That’s what I do when I get bored with heroes that I play.

5 Likes

I didn’t know that.

Still you are coming off toxic and hateful. I know everyone is annoyed with the spam of mercy posts over and over. I am too, but tone it down. It’s a bit much.

3 Likes

I am sorry you don’t enjoy the hero anymore, but if it’s causing you this much distress, maybe try picking up a different game. I’m sure there are plenty of other games with similar roles to Mercy.

If my boi Lúcio was toasted into a stationary builder with no fast-paced multitasking, I’d just drop him. Maybe try playing my hand at some mobas or even pick up Paladins.

8 Likes

There is literally nothing toxic, offensive or hateful in what I wrote.

9 Likes

I’ve heard Final Fantasy XIV is really good. A friend of mine plays a lot of White Mage/Healer on there.

1 Like

I think the simple truth remains that Meecy has always been an overall poorly designed hero.

She previously made the entire game worse whilst being more fun herself. Now it’s kinda the other way around. It’s definitely better overall, a revert would be a bad idea, but she’s still a bad hero design.

8 Likes

Res isn’t causing problems in that way. It needs to be back to her ultimate. That’s the only way to be balanced.

11 Likes

I’ve actually been convinced by some friends to get the trial version. I could definitey see myself sinking a good chunk of time into that game if the support role got demolished in OW.

1 Like

Being balanced (arguable) doesn’t mean it belongs in the game or is healthy for the future of the game.
Opinions and all that…that the developers seem to share.
Lets be civil.

2 Likes

You can play the trial up until Lv35-ish for free :smiley: have fun! (the level cap is like 70 btw with the expansions)

You mean the Megathread that is closed/locked every day due to false reporting/flagging. That Megathread?

14 Likes

Words like “audacity” and telling mercy players they are privlidged sounds toxic to me. shrug

16 Likes

It can hardly be called false reporting due to the very ambiguous nature of what people consider trolling/spam. No one person is “correct” everyone has different thoughts on it. It just so happens Mercy topics are the most posted which are partly fuelled by the Megathread being closed all the time…

WTB sub-forums

inc massive wall of quotes and reply’s from RevertMercy :stuck_out_tongue: I see you down there! <3

1 Like

only when Blizzard will acutally listen lol

1 Like

I respect your opinion, but I do disagree.
I believe that the problem is in fact her rez being on E. Res as an ultimate has had no such balancing issues compared to her now. A res on Q, with tweaks such as LoS, and damage resistance, will make her simply marvelous in my opinion. :blush:

Your subjective opinion will be taken into consideration. Thank you for your time! :blush:

You see, this is why you always find yourself arguing with Mercy mains. Comments like this.

Unprovoked, you enter Mercy threads, and make bigoted remarks about mercy mains, and generalizing them, and then are suddenly oblivious as to why you get the backlash. You’ve asked why they tend to respond to you in such a way, well, now you should know. :blush:

They also reverted her a few times since the statement. So while playing a different hero helps, it doesn’t solve the problem with Mercy. So no no, opinions must also be heard about her regardless, until the devs understand how some Mercy mains are still unhappy. So I’d rather do both. :wink:

Many people still do. That doesn’t mean that they are happy about it, and it doesn’t mean that they aren’t entitled to voice their dissatisfaction with the hero. :blush:

Thanks for offering your opinion! I disagree. I think that Mercy was absolutely wonderful in her design. After the rework was given, that no one asked for, it all went downhill from there. Oh yes, in my view, a Revert would most certainly be an excellent idea, and it’s time to bring her back to where she was truly fun and balanced again! A few tweaks would have solved all of her problems back in 1.0. This rework has been a complete and utter failure. And the stats of her being an “OP moth for 5 months” prove it. :blush:

“This was a huge success”

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

13 Likes

I do think part of the problem is that the whole Revert crowd (in general) seem to disregard any other opinion and put forward there own opinion as fact and the only “correct” way of thinking. At least from what I myself have seen.
Thankfully, you don’t seem to do that. :slight_smile:
Disagreements are fine as long as its in a respectful and civil way.
Yey for opinions and civility! is that even a word? I dunno lol

6 Likes