All cancable Ultimate Casttimes [Workshop testing + Clips]

Okey so there has always been discussions about what ults can be stopped and in which timeframe they can be stopped to allow for an actually discussion about it I used the bit of tweaked version of my Sombra EMP castime test and searched for all Heroes that have a cancable casttime. This workshop mode basically lets you set a time you get stunned after using your ultimate said time you see in the clips.
Code: HS0ZB

So here is a list of all Cancable Ult casttimes ingame:

Hero Measured Likely Programmed Wiki Clip Wiki (Link)
Ana 0.12s 0.15s - :play_or_pause_button: :information_source:
Hanzo 0.93s 0.95s Animation: 1.4s Arrow: 0.6s :play_or_pause_button: :information_source:
Junkrat 1.52s 1.55s 1s :play_or_pause_button: :information_source:
LĂşcio 0.69 0.7 Groundlevel: 0.8s :play_or_pause_button: :information_source:
Mei 0.49 0.5 1.5s :play_or_pause_button: :information_source:
Orisa 0.37 0.4 1s :play_or_pause_button: :information_source:
Reinhardt 0.44 0.45 0.6 :play_or_pause_button: :information_source:
Sombra 0.18/0.32 PTR 0.20/0.35 PTR 0.5 :information_source: :information_source:
Tracer 0.13 0.15 - :play_or_pause_button: :information_source:
Wrecking Ball 0.23 0.25 - :play_or_pause_button: :information_source:
Dva 1.93 1.95 2s :play_or_pause_button: :information_source:

Okey, I guess I need to explain a few things.

First Measured and Likely Programmed collum. Measured should be obvious its the time the clock shows in my mode there is however a bit of error to it which is why I made the collum likely Programmed which just rounds the number upwards.

The Wiki collum shows the casttime thats given on the Wiki

The Clip Collum is a link to the Clip (or in Sombra’s case to the original Post which included clips)

And the Wiki (Link) Collum is a Link to the Wiki page.

(If you’re on mobile you can scroll the
table to the left to see the clips)

9 Likes

0.2 Without stealth, without translocate

With stealth, add another… 0.5 seconds I believe

With stealth 0.7 seconds

With translocate (travel distance of translocate and coming out of stealth)

With translocate and coming out of stealth up to 1 full second sometimes more or less depending on distance.

With stealth 0.2s+0.75s = 0.95s
With TL: 0.2s+0.4s = 0.6s

its true that Sombra most of the time needs to use another ability to get a EMP off but the post is talking about pure Ult casttime thats why its only 0.2s

Without stealth yes and even then it’s distance dependent how long translocate travels for.

Most sombra’s don’t do this unless they are fighting on the front line.

With Stealth, and Translocate can take 1 full second or more depending on distance.

You can start to decloak before TL most of the time you don’t throw yourself into the enemy team to EMP while still in stealth.

And it isn’t distance dependent
TL needs to 0.4 from the time its activated to where it finished transporting you.

Again, it still takes 0.5 seconds to decloak, you literally cannot animation cancel decloak.

Most sombras decloak before throwing translocate, then throw translocate.

Either way, depending on how long translocate travels can take up to 1 full second or more.

Decloak is basically not even a factor at that point. And most of the time a Sombra does this, the team doesn’t know it’s coming unless they “SEE” translocate.

Now factor in GM Gamesense and ult tracking.

If you don’t know Sombra has her ult, and that she may initiate a push. That’s why you are not in masters rank, or GM.

It takes 0.75s to be exact and you can decloak way before even throwing tl would be stupit to Tl into the enemy team while your in stealth.

Exactly but the enemy team doesn’t need to know that you decloaked.

Im not calculating the time TL travels because that can be used to bait. Im only calculation the time Translocator needs to bring you from point a to b TL isn’t instand.

Yes exactly if they see Tl they have

To react

Hard to cancle possible with luck.

I kinda lost you here we are talking about numbers and facs are we not?

Don’t even bother posting that thread.

I’ve read it, and the testing for it is adolescent at best.

It’s documented what her cast time is on EMP. And EVERYONE doesn’t factor in decloak, or translocate travel times.

No amount of testing, or evidence you show me, is going to sway my opinion one way or another.

I have 450+ hours on Sombra. I know what she can and can’t do, I know when a team can and can’t counter her EMP.

I also know that her EMP is useless if the team doesn’t follow through.

I also know that everyone complaining about Sombra Hack/EMP either don’t play her, or are Doomfist mains and/or playing DF into a CC comp.

Do I need to understand this

I didn’t even understand your opinion in the first place…?

I have 230h on Sombra to and this post and all my other Post are pure mathimatical post about a single ability not how it acts ingame.

I think you got something wrong here im in the Buff Sombra camp not the nerf Sombra camp this and all my Testing is done on a non biased base tho. They are pure facts and not any kind of call for a nerf.

Jeez someone got a nerve touched here…

4 Likes

And people complain about not having enough time to kill tire. Lol

1 Like

And yet, somehow EMP still doesn’t hit anything when she dies, and she still loses EMP charge because of it. But the excuse everyone gives for that… server tick rate. No in fact it’s not Server Tick Rate, because Blizzard patched Ult Charge a while back, it’s in the damn patch notes. It was an intentional or unintentional nerf to Sombra as well as other classes.

And yet, EMP still doesn’t affect animated Utls, DF ult / Winston / Genji. Ironically it works against Mei though… Go figure?

And yet EMP still doesn’t remove Winston/Orisa shields

And yet people who don’t even play Sombra, say you can’t hack Projectile based Ultimates/skills, yet Sombra can in fact do just that but of course everyone ignores that fact.

Don’t even try to argue semantics with me, you will lose.

Now quote the rest of what I said too. Don’t Cherry pick things I said, and then have 0 experience playing the character.

As I said about your thread post. Testing standards are adolescent at best.

Play the character or just stop talking.

There’s a reason no one can climb from Bronze to GM on Sombra whom isn’t a GM rank player to begin with.

But you can sure do it with a gg ez character like Brigitte. And people wonder why she was nerfed so hard. People were literally boosting their own accounts with Brigitte when she was first released.

And guess what: Sombra was the same then as she is now.

There’s nothing to be confused about here. 90% of the community has little to no game sense.

Yet it’s only 90% of the community complaining about a character they never play because less than 1% of the community used her in OWL.

“Used her in OWL for the second time in 15 season.”

Do you really want to complain about an F Tier character who’s been meta 2 times in 15 seasons, then don’t complain about the real problem DPS characters in the game?

lmao

K

Raw cast time is 0.6s

Then for every 25 meters(wiki data, take with a grain of salt) the traslocator is thrown, it increases by 1 second

So it goes like

Distace from enemy: 0m = 0.6s cast time
Distance from enemy 12.5m = 1.1 cast time
Distance from enemy 25m = 1.6 cast time

It feels like a strawman though, the cast time of the ability is 0.18 and there aint anything wrong with that, its the real value, nothing more

All these people have to chill out, the world isnt against you

2 Likes

Okey I think I got what is going on know.

You think this is a Nerf Sombra post but it isn’t.
Im for Buffing Sombra infact.
Not that these Post reflects either Sides.

Non of my testing is a statment of Balance there are all here to allow for a good and correct discussion.

Non of my replies to you where in anway a way to say Sombra is strong of OP I just tried to talk on a Facts and mathimatical bases while you tried to talk on a Ingame bases which is why we got Confused.
I agree that EMP can be stopped and that it needs Teamwork to well work and im not arguing against it

I don’t factor in Decloak and TL time because I didn’t do that on any of the other Heroes the 0.2 are a Value that needs to be calculated in that all.

(Also thanks for the help Magy)

1 Like

Cast time is actually 0.2 seconds… As I said with the testing standard used 0.18 seconds is literally a guesstimate.

The 0.18s are the end value that was found using 2 different methods of Testing both coming to the same result. If you see anykind of error in my Code I would be happy if you point it out tho there are quite a few people that looked over it and could find an error.

So if you have a way to proove that my testing method is incorrect Im more then happy to hear.
Till now I do not understand what should be wrong about it what you seem to believe.
Also this method can be repeated by everyone regardless of Pc, Ps4 or Xbox and the code can be checked by everyone that has a bit of experience in Workshop

Sombra’s ult is busted, just remove it already and buff the rest of her kit.

On topic.

Was Doomfist tested? I thought Meteor Strike had a slight cast time that could be interrupted.

The error in your code is yours. It’s been documented by Blizzard what the cast time is. Regardless of what you measured.