Cast time of emp reverted to its original form?

In the newest developer update Jeff said he’d be open to reverting changes. I genuinely think that sombra’s emp cast time should be back to its original form. Would you be open to do that? (Hopefully someone responds)

1 Like

I really hope not. The basis for the nerf was that it just didn’t have any counterplay because of how quickly it could be activated. Sombra needs buffs, but this ain’t it

3 Likes

Ha ha ha… Ha ha ha… You serious?

6 Likes

I hope not. We don’t need to buff any CC.

1 Like

There’s already almost 0 counter play to it. Only in top500 games that a emp would be canceled. Also if you’re talking about counter play what’s a counter play to an nano? There are a ton of ults without counter play

That’s still counterplay though, it’s just difficult to pull off which is fine in my eyes. Top 500s and OWL players couldn’t even react to old EMP unless they got lucky

Can we talk about our lord and savior CC?

Interrupt the cast time of nano which is about the same cast time for current emp, kill or sleep the target of the nano, anti heal will block the heal burst discord will halve the damage resistance it gives, shields will block the dps from most characters its put on

1 Like

Ana’s Cast is notable shorter. Hers is 0.15, Sombra’s old was 0.2 and her new is 0.35 so its over double.

here is an a bit older Post of mine testing them all:

Sigma is missing Cause he wasn’t out then but the rest should still be the same.

Also to OP:
I think her EMP casttime is fine (EMP is really strong so it doesn’t need a buff the rest of her Kit is the problem) if they should revert something it should be the Infinite Stealth and TL changes they really took alot of fun out of her and made her slower.

1 Like

CC doesn’t stop the ultimate itself

CC can stop Nano in its cast there is a 0.15s window when Ana pulls her sleep pistol in which the ult will cancle if CC’ed.

But it counters the ult -_-

Since the change I’ve literally never had my emp canceled lol. I prepare for it really good but still…never happened.

this post is a joke

thread cancelled

1 Like

EMP was so broken, NO

Nano target, especially Nano + Blade, Graviton Surge.

you can also hide from the emp then zen ult

I have cancelled 2 sombra ults ever, once with a hog hook accidentally hitting her, and another with a McCree flash accidentally hitting her. I don’t think I have ever seen a Sombra ult stunned on purpose ever. Not once. I don’t think the cast time is a problem, and maybe it should even be lengthened (if she actually receives some buffs first, obviously nerfs now is stupid).

You do realise they did this to try to provide counter play to her ult and this disgusting hero which does not belong in an ABILITY BASED game.