But
He needs a rework
So…

14 Likes

Id like to see him as a tank to be honest. Alongside Doom and Mei

8 Likes

Just flag and move on.

1 Like

Oh hey, i have a whole rework written up for that particular thing.

Let’s see…

Ah yes, there it is.

9 Likes

You realize Tanks have to protect their team, right? Doomfist is straight up a damage hero and Mei is tanky but she’s still a damage hero. She doesn’t hold a shield, she’s clumsy and cute.

Mei is fine, just nerf her ultimate already.

But Roadhog doesn’t have a shield. Zarya and D.Va have shield like capabilities but no shields. Wrecking Ball doesn’t have a shield.

Ice Wall can act like a shield. Blizzard makes space, which is also the job of tanks.

Not saying Mei should 100% be a tank, but you can’t argue she wouldn’t be able to function as a tank with some adjustments.

2 Likes

Doom would be the same as Hog or Hammond. He makes space by having an area of threat where enemies barely can engage or being hardly disrupted. Meis kit is like a tanks kit with a big hitbox.

2 Likes

I mean hog, Hammond, and some what zarya are just DPS in the tank slots

2 Likes

no, devs need to stop wasting time and money on reworks, and work on new content, we didnt get anything for 8 months because of reworks, and ow2 is probably delayed up to 6 months because of it… enough is enough

1 Like

Bastion needs a rework but jeff already said that they won’t rework any heroes again

Same with Sombra, realistically. I know you randomly support the spread decrease that does not address her core issue while also making her more annoying to play against. Same issue. Only difference is that Bastion is harder to use and a worse pick.

I made a thread for an ideal Roadhog change, but I guess they removed it because it was a good idea.

Ice Wall can ACT like a shield, but let’s be real in saying that it’s not remotely close to a shield.

Zarya and D.VA have defensive capabilities, but they are off-tanks for a reason. I don’t think Mei would be able to fit into either role unless she was completely redesigned from the ground up. She’s quite small too, bigger than D.VA, but D.VA has a mech. Every tank hero is pretty big, you know who is a tank in an instant. You couldn’t take Brigitte and make her a tank either, she’s too small.

It would also alienate any Meins who love her as she is now. It’s easier to take a hero like Symmetra and switch her from support to DPS than it is to switch a hero like Mei into a tank.

Still waiting for that date btw. :slight_smile: :heart:

He’s not really a spacemaker, he relies on getting quick picks as a DPS. He’s also a disruptive hero because of his strong reliance on forced movement rather than any sort of stationary abilities. He may also have 250hp, but that’s only to help him survive being CC’d into hell. He has no real tanking potential.

Zarya is a true off-tank with defensive capabilities, Hammond can make space for his team and has a lot of mobility while having enough tanking power to help his team. Doomfist would not be that. Hammond is a lot easier to control than Doomfist is. You can’t bowl over an entire team with one punch. And Roadhog is the outlier. He’s broken as a tank, he is 100000% a 600HP DPS hero with one true tanking ability that only helps himself, not the team.

2 Likes

Nah, his concept does not work for a shooter and is better left at F tier.

People are still asking for Bastion changes? Why isn’t it obvious to people yet that Blizzard have given up on him? Bastion was a big mistake during Overwatch’s development and I am sure the team knows that.

I am not sure why they are continuing to make cosmetics for Bastion. Why not spend all that time and effort on something else or on a hero that actually matters?

Keep asking for Bastion buffs or a rework all you like, but you are just talking to a brick wall at this point.

1 Like

Then don’t change his Sentry mode.

Give him some damage resistance and a smaller head hitbox in Recon.

And give him back the heal+shoot combo for his ultimate.
And reduce the ultimate transform speed from 1.5sec, to 0.5sec.

More like “We didn’t get anything for 8 months BECAUSE they were working on overwatch 2”

1 Like

This is assuming it’s largely the same people doing both tasks.

I’ll be to the point: it’s not.

The bulk of a new character is in art assets- modeling and animating, which are often both done by different crews. Getting voice actors for every language the new hero for all the languages the game is done in To record new dialogue.

Re hiring all the old voice actors to read and record new lines to interact with this new character.

Again, also doing this in every language.

Actual programming is just one part of many for a new character.

Often reworks can be done with a small crew on the programming end, and that’s usually all they need.

We’re getting slow updates on content because blizzard is working on an entirely new game- and has been for some time.

1 Like

I liked the topic about Street-fighter ^^.

Who said i support it lmao
they just want to make sombra a hitscan tbh
she could get some stealth and translocator buffs… just saying

I merely stated that if the change went through people would complain, which is more of an observation than a prediction given the reaction to the change already, and then you just responded sarcastically to me which is a sign of defensiveness. Not sure why you would be defensive about something you do not support. But I suppose it is entirely possible.