Bastion needs a fix ASAP

Horrible designed hero. Needs a complete rework tbh.

2 Likes

It’s almost like somebody suggested a rework or something.

We should go back and forth so this topic will stay at the top list.

1 Like

The spread makes headshots RNG unless the range is one which no competent player is in without a plan to kill him.

I like the idea of some self-defense in turret form, with less ammo to prevent sustained spamming the choke.

1 Like

The only way to fix the hero is with a major rework. He’s one of the most poorly designed heroes in the game.

I’ll do ya one even better.

And on top of that, allow me to add in one of the more important changes:

• Configuration: Tank is now another configuration, with lower damage rocket/shells, and is always accessible in the same fashion as Configuration: Sentry.

• New Ultimate: “Overclocked” Now strengthens Bastion in all configurations, causing Bastion to glow a hot red in similar fashion to Torbjorn’s ability (Or Torbjorn’s original ultimate) Dealing higher damage and having either lowered or zero reload time in any configuration for the duration of the ultimate.

This gives Bastion not only the “Mobility” People seem desperate to ask for, but utility, and versatility in combat, as a machine that can adapt to the situation at hand.

“BuT cHiBi, He NeEdS a HeAdShOt HiTbOx”

Hammond doesn’t when in his rolling form, and Bastion’s hitbox is just as large.

1 Like

Idea: Barrier has extra health, regenerates as long as it isn’t in use, interrupts firing while in use and causes a delay before continuing to fire. And of course, CD and longer delay if broken.

You know what would be super f----- cool in overclocked Sentry mode? An increase attack speed with unlimited ammo. Just unleash a hellfire of bullets upon the enemy. That sh*t makes everyone run away to safety.

1 Like

This is kind of the same as saying Rein shouldn’t be able to move while holding his shield up.

A Bastion that can’t shoot while he’s shielded, is as good as dead.

The idea is that he has extra durability and doesn’t get hard countered by CC, but it requires skill to block CC and gives the enemy team a short window of time without getting melted. If he’s under attack, he gets a chance to put up the shield and GTFO instead of just having it up passively and losing most of the durability over time and bits of spam, then either getting CC’d right after it breaking or having to get up and wait to be useful when the enemy takes the opportunity to push.

No. That’s not a good suggestion. The reason bastion isn’t fixed is because playing against sentry mode is total garbage and people don’t like it. To buff the crap out of sentry only and barely nerf its ridiculous damage output is not a good suggestion. That’d be insanely unfun to play against.

2 Likes

If the Bastion is taking random spam damage for long enough to effect his shield, he shouldn’t be set up wherever he is.

I see you didn’t read the suggestion.

At all.

Whatsoever.

Read it again, and do not respond until your eyes have moved over the words.

Bastion’s damage output would be heavily changed, and he would be reloading twice as often if not more.

Not to mention, i can claim anything is “Garbage to play against” If i don’t try, and literally just play things it counters, not caring to change my tactics.

“Tracer is garbage to play against”

I’m the person who switches to something that i can use to directly counter her, instead of dying to her five more times and rage quitting the game.

It would also give Bastion the ability to genuinely deny an area, for a very short time.

Makes him his own Bob.

Even just a couple peeks by Hanzo, Junkrat, or Pharah is a forced reposition and CD on his main ability. Even Orisa’s barrier at 600 isn’t strong enough to be very useful, if at all.

That’s better than dying to those same peeks… which he currently does.
Immediately dead.

Yes, I’m sure that decreasing his ammo by 100 is gonna really decrease his damage output, Especially seeing as to how you added headshots to him. In exchange for a little less ammo, this hero who is already considered annoying gets essentially double damage output with headshots, and a shield?

To be clear, bastion is NOT a hero who should be good at high ranks. Not in his current state. This would make players below 2200 elo literally quit the game.

If you did more, like maybe decrease his ACTUAL damage output, or maybe increase his reload time, this might work. But sentry mode bastion is already god awful to play against, and only a decrease to ammo in return for a shield and double damage output is ridiculous.

No hero should be naturally “Bad” In the hands of good players.

This is a terrible argument.

You need to rethink how you play games.

1 Like

True. I’d just like a way to allow him to stay in turret form if Hanzo runs in, gets a couple shots off, and feeds.

Well even if your shield breaks, you aren’t dead. If you wish to hold your ground, do so… you’d even have a chance at winning by that point.

That’s my point. “In the hands of good players” sentry mode bastion has no “good players”. Even despite that, that was not at all the focal point of that reply. The point is that this idea would be okay, but the way you have presented it is not okay. Decreasing his ammo slightly is not enough to compensate for this.