Forum witchhunt. Is it deserved?

Everytime I see someone make these posts it ends up with them doing the exact thing above mentioned in the comment, bypassing the forum filter.

Its honestly funny that people get to this conclusions only to make themselves look like fools in general, I’m sorry but I don’t believe you in the slightest.

The last person ranted to me about their comments being removed was the fact the thread with it was also removed.

Yall just cherry pick evidence to suit your narratives.

1 Like

i feel like. taking screenshot every time i write something that isn’t offensive and if it get’s deleted i’ll have my proof ready :joy: :WeSmart:

4 Likes

Its all fine if you don’t beleive me on this , i honestly didn’t beleived it either originally until it happened to me.

That comment had no swearing , no condecending or rude tone to it or no insults.

The thread was someone who made a post complaining how the match making was atrocious for them . i explained them that i more friended good players and grew my friend list . from there i was playing alone much less often and from that , frustrating matches happened less and less and that having more friends can enhance the overall gaming experience in a positive way.

Then my post got removed.
No real reasons were ever given to me.
I tried to appeal it and asked something along the lines of “why is the fact of encouraging people to make friends online and increasing the chances of a positive gaming experience offensive ?”

No real answer was given to me on this , so my only conclusion after that was that tell people to make friends online is offensive for people who don’t have friends lol

Until that had happened to me , i was thinking that no one would ever get banned or silence for silly comments like this…

I was quite wrong thinking that :joy::neutral_face:

Now when i see people talking about those topics of being banned and not , i do take things with a grain of salt but i cant help but think back on my own experience and think that things dont always have to be so extreme to be banned or silenced.

1 Like

My take on the OP is that the person was quoting the offending words from a game. This to me doesn’t bother me, mostly this was not directed at anyone. What bothers me is that the OP named names, which I understand is not allowed.

From the context here, Harbinger called someone something and got banned/silenced/whatever the term is. Honesty it sounds understandable. I got reported and punished for “name calling”, The words I used were, “whi.ny sp.oil.ed br.at”. Probably risking a punishment using the words as an example! tro.ll is perfectly fine though.

I do think it is inconsistent. Those who make threads and posts that cross the line and stay up for a while, while other lesser ones get removed immediately.

3 Likes

Did you knew that a certain pokemon name is banned on the forums?

Im not joking lol
Its pokemon #39 :+1:

2 Likes

I’m not sure if that would be against forum rules. I would provide the email for my forum silence with the reason and line quoted, but that IS against the rules.

Same, I may have a reputation around here for being goofy, or giving too many likes, but I don’t think I’m known as someone who swears, insults people or tests the limits of the system. Just today a one poster count randomly called me “a glue sniffer” apparently that’s acceptable behaviour.

I’ve had the one silence, I never made a thread about it (posts yes) and I sure never tried to test the limits of the forum filter as that would be childish and also unproductive. I specially made this account when they switched from the old forums as I knew how easy it is to be flagged and punished on these forums.

Here is a tiny selection available of the R word being used in a context that Blizzard says is very much a breach of the COC, yet many of these posts are very old.

And that’s enough. I respect your opinion Sami and I agree that some people after punishment test the waters, but not all of us. These posts above without any room for doubt violate the COC, yet remain.

I think it’s fair people are questioning the integrity and consistency of forum moderation.

4 Likes

You mean that cute one that sings all the time? If so, /whoooooosh me.

1 Like

Yup ! Thats the one !

1 Like

I don’t get it. :thinking:

Try to write its name , you’ll see , it won’t let you lol :joy:

1 Like

I can’t really get angry on you.

On a side note, I’m more focused over how hypocritical and misinforming the OP is, people tend to have different stories but for some reason they cherry pick it to make themselves look like victims and better at the same time, someone used an alternative word for cat with a vulgar word and got the hammer and is being mad about it even though they were very clearly aware of the consequences.

From what I’ve seen, a lot tend to exaggerate the situation like twisting it or making a 4th topic instead of adding to the others.

Seriously why this discussion is still a thing? Week passes and we still talking about something that happened only because your post was mass flagged, heck we don’t even know if you were silenced/suspended from that situation.

2 Likes

Same! :hugs:

You’re right, I’ve seen people get upset about getting a silence or language edited, then obviously test the system to see if they will get another sanction. I don’t think this is a good way change anything for the better, if that’s even possible.

I wasn’t aware it was much about me at all, except for the day after I took a break. I thought it was because Harbinger got a silence? That’s what this thread is about. It’s a shame the moderation system you talked about in another recent thread about this issue can’t be adopted.

2 Likes

I think the hots moderation team is not necessarily an egalitarian body of law…

2 Likes

Anabanana the answer is more simple as you think. Harbringer is hated by a few person here. Idk by who don’t ask i don’t hate the mememasterlordmakerkid2000. These people can report, and their number of report is reached the limit. Bamm harbringer banned.
Anyway a tournament will not happening very soon?

1 Like

I think you nailed it, always a small group of people are going to behave in petty and spiteful ways, especially in group situations. It’s very disappointing.

I hope both Ana and Harbinger return or these forums will get stale fast.

i wasn’t expecting this to continue on till now tbh. however this is only making whoever is doing that flag spam feel better about it cause they know they succeed in making someone mad about what they’re doing since that’s what they want to achieve “i don’t know why” as you literally earn nothing from making someone mad over what you’re doing it only makes you a douche however we should leave this as it is.

1 Like

Ana is still here right? She made this thread. Her profile is hidden unfortunatly

I’m not surprised. There’s more RNG to punishments here than a hearthstone game. I wouldn’t be suprised if they rolled dice to see which comments they wanted to ban and which they didn’t.

3 Likes

Im still here just under a lot of stress but not leaving :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m so happy to hear this! It’s odd, every time I play Ana I think of you and your funny “Grandma” jokes here on the forums. :hugs:

2 Likes