Forum witchhunt. Is it deserved?

You both missed the point

He said he was upset that he got his comment removed and the thread that has racial slurs and a hateful gay word is still here. Right now as we speak… he doesnt mind the ban, its not about a personal penalty. Its about a targeted penalty while ignoring the obvious pointed out thread.
The whole point is: why does his comment gets removed and someone who has filtered the N word doesnt. Please adress this issue then say stuff like “You dont know what your talking about”
You cant be this blind or in love with blizzard. Geez

2 Likes

Sigh, you’re asking fairness when you’re not being fair yourself, as you also broke the rules, I can’t really help you at all…
If anything, this question is supposed to be directed straight towards the moderators instead of us users as they’re the ones who will bring a solution in other ways than just talking, my opinion doesn’t have any value at this point.

My guess would be because the one with the n-word and f-slur is quoting someone else to demonstrate how awful of people they were.

1 Like

They are unfortunatly ever going to adress this. Im sure of that
For me your opinion matters. I liked what you wrote! Very insightful

It could be but if thats the reason im done too.
But unfortunatly this whole incident made harb hate the forums. He is leaving because of it (he said that to me trough a very colourful message)

1 Like

Just different moderadors handling it differently.

1 Like

And they both agree its okay to leave racial/gay slurs… wow amazing

1 Like

No, one responded to one report in a way and the other one responded to the other report in another way. Both got their bans, which is deserved, but there’s nothing on the rules saying that the comment needs to get deleted. This is just what the moderator felt like doing. They won’t interfere on each other’s actions. If you think the moderator was too harsh you can always open a ticket.

3 Likes

You are also letting the point pass right above your head, the only reason you people even care about all of this in the first place is because you two touched the water and were bitten by moderators, if you guys weren’t even silenced for bypassing the filter, you:

• Wouldn’t make this thread.
  • Both of you wouldn’t make multiple threads.
  • I wouldn’t have this conversation with you.

You are unable to notice it that your thread is a complete mess, I read it twice, and by twice I mean literally twice by reading one time.

This means you aren’t sorting your thoughts enough to make this topic, dude just look for yourself, you are on your 5th edit too:

For the love of god how many times do you have to edit this really? Sort your topic thoughts because for me it looks you are just rambling and have no idea what are you trying to specifically give across.

That and also misinforming that Harb lost it for good, Harb literally confirmed for me after begging for him to show if he’s still logged into the forums to figure if he lost it forever or not.

And he still is, he got silenced, not suspended, silenced get deranked one level, TL3 users go back to TL2 but can regain it when they meet the requirements, if they already do then they would regain it in 24 hours, Suspended users gets pushed back all the way to TL0 as a massive penalty and are locked from getting it back.

Let me know when you come up with better argument without shoving Ad Hominem into it. I’ve been silenced here 3 times, each silence lasted 1 day, 3 days and a week. I’ve regained my TL3 back the next day. I’ve seen others go into the same thing, some even get harsher penalties last for a month, and they regained it back, only problem is keeping it up due activity.

3 Likes

Not in the right state of mind to seriously look at this and give my option, BUT
Looks like you have a duplicated paragraph/part of your original post.

1 Like

Yeah sorry something went wrong. Didnt put phone on lock and whole thing changed

*Edit for a disclaimer:…this is only supposition, conjecture, speculation and my opinion on these matters.

I had my post deleted and the word wasn’t even on the offensive word list. Do a search for bad words and you will see thousands of posts up with unmasked bad language. People also tested using the same word I did and didn’t get flagged, that’s telling.

I have a feeling they target TL3 posters more quickly or harshly, but that’s just my supposition.

The only time I got a true silence was in an offical thread were a dev was leaving, people were arguing and saying bad things, but not all. I said people should be able to argue if they remain civil. This caused my ban because “off topic” that’s all. The nasty remarks toward the dev in question were mostly left up, everyone on this forum would be banned if off topic comments were policed with that much zeal.

The disturbing thing is that during that 1 day suspension I was still able to like comments and worst of all flag comments! I’m supposed to suspended (in other words not trustworthy) yet they allowed me to flag away if I had been so inclined.

It seems to be random. It could be people with alt accounts with petty scores to settle, or other people with TL3 who mass flag for personal reason, so it’s taken more seriously. I know of at least one person with TL3 who flagged my post.

In the end it’s very inconsistent which really is not acceptable for a company of this size.

On a side note, hope you’ve been well Ana! :hugs:

I know another edit but I just read this, I hope Harbinger doesn’t leave!

1 Like

It’s probably the fault of Activision.

1 Like

What did I miss here? Did I just miss a good soap opera?

Sami will no doubt speak for himself. Reading his post I think he was just trying to make the OP’s post more focused, no drama.

If you want to see witchhunt see some of the Hailfall threads.
This is just silly, go report posts you got problem with.

2 Likes

This community is so small and we get petty drama threads like this…

I disagree. Recently being flagged myself by this community for something that wasn’t offensive, I think it’s fair to point out the inconsistencies with forum moderation.

Ive gotten flagged so many times here and when im banned I direct my attention elsewhere.

Better to ponder on something more productive

No I just don’t see the reason to open another topic when you can actually add to the other 3 much as there’s no need to open 2 more topic when you can add that to the first one.

Whilst misinform the general about certain user suspension and violating the rule of discussing actions taken on others, this is the equivalence of the mercy apocalypse I’ve seen on the OW forums.

2 Likes

Fair enough, I didn’t know there were already three active threads.