Vote for better balance with your wallet!

This is the road Hearthstone has been traveling down for years, because the developers believe:

1. Players like to feel powerful on their turns, and they are not overly concerned about balance.

2. Many casual players are content as long as they win close to half of their games. This why the algorithm is so effective at matching players. The design philosophy has intentionally been moving in the direction of turning matches into coin flips.

3. Many casual players accept losses better if it was the result of some luck factor, like some bad RNG or their opponent drawing into their broken cards or combos first, rather than being outplayed by their opponent.

Dev Comment: The current power level of the top decks after the launch of Murder at Castle Nathria is pretty close to the level that we’d like it to be.

This ^ is evidence that the devs look at Hearthstone very differently than many strategy gamers do. Hearthstone is far from being balanced or in a healthy game state—unless your goal is achieve a similar euphoria to what is imparted by playing slot machines.

The devs are not overly concerned with a lack of strategy determining the outcome of matches. They know players will invest resources while trying to determine which new decks will give them better than a coin flip chance of winning—like into a deck that has a 53 percent or better win rate, and eventually they will nerf the deck(s) with the highest proven win rates, making many players invest even more resources into a new deck. This has long been the model—with the strategy aspect of the game becoming a bigger illusionary part the game.

Now, if powercreep, imbalance, broken cards, and insane amounts of broken RNG are not negatively impacting your play experience, then keep spending money on Hearthstone.

But, if powercreep, imbalance, broken cards, and insane amounts of broken RNG are making Hearthstone less fun for you, then you are going to have send a strong signal that that game needs major changes and improvements by voting with your wallets. Stop spending money on Hearthstone until the improvements you want, have been made, and be vocal about what you want and why you have stopped spending money on the game.

Voting with your wallet in an attempt to have a positive impact on the direction Hearthstone may require not spending money on the game until the expansions that you skipped spending money on have rotated out of Standard.

At this point, it is going take some squeaky wheels and some discipline not to spend money on a game (that is moving in a direction that is less fun to play) before there will be any real hope that Hearthstone can become a better game than it is now. Let me know if you agree.

5 Likes

There too many consumer that will keep buy their stuff.

1 Like

The best way players can influence developers to make positive changes is through a 2-prong approach:

1. Many players need to leave similar feedback so that the devs understand that it’s not just a few opinions, but a consensus among many players. Feedback that includes examples or possible solutions is even better.

2. Let the devs know that you plan to stop spending until a significant amount improvements are made. Hearthstone is about making money, and if the cash flow gets interrupted, changes will happen.

I have been a part of past movements to get improvements for the game, like more deck slots beyond 9, more floors above rank 20, rewards beyond just a card back for climbing the ladder in Standard, duplicate protection for Legendary cards, etc…

Every time, being vocal and gathering other players to link their spending with getting the desired results has been the most impactful way of getting positive changes in a timely manner.

If you are feeling a bit lazy about voicing your concerns, then just /bump a thread like this one. :wink:

2 Likes

/bump money into my wallet

2 Likes

Yes why invest to balance if have rigged matchmaking whitch match your deck not your skill… EASY it’s enough that each deck is very weak against one deck + rigged matchmaking = 50% winrate guaranted

1 Like

There is a lot of truth in your post. I know the game has to evolve to get better and more challenging. After this most recent expansion I see to many cards that can be played on the board and its game over. It does not matter if your life is full at 30 or 40. To me that is not how I remember hearthstone starting. To have a comment comparing the power level of the top decks now vs when hearthstone was new is like comparing world war 1 vs modern warfare now. Dev Comment: The current power level of the top decks after the launch of Murder at Castle Nathria is pretty close to the level that we’d like it to be.
How far out of touch can you possibly be? I waisted a lot of my money trying to get caught up starting with purchasing this expansion I wont be doing it anymore.

4 Likes

Battleground players used to say “just come play battlegrounds, we used to play standard too”

Now we’re all screwed

I know their algorithm takes your cards into account when placing you against an opponent. To many time I have gotten to within 1 win of going to the next rank only to run into a deck that murders me.

7 times to day this has happened ALL at the EXACT same spot on the ladder.

1 Like

Yup and like usual Druid has literally 3-4 decks all T2+ while no other class has that many.

They have ALWAYS pampered Druid players and I am getting sick and tired of it.

This is like the 4th time Druids have had a NO LEGENDARY T1 deck while only Warlock has one once a LONG time ago.

Druids have like SO little weaknesses anymore best mana regen in game, best mana cheating in entire game, and now some really good board clears if they do it right.

I mean 3/3 with rush every time you cast a nature spell? ROFLMAO ya OP as heck.

what ? there is a 3rd or a 4th druid deck out of the VS report ? how is that even posssible

Just my 2 cents (and twenty characters):

1 Like

Can’t just stop paying. Have to stop playing as well. A drastic decline in player engagement as well as decreased sales will get their attention faster. Especially when the whales will continue spending money.