Help me pick my main class

Just got back into the game a few months ago after taking a 4 year break. Before the break, I played a lot of mage/priest, but I want to branch away from them. My playstyle is control/midrange. I want the class to be able to flex into the 2.

Shaman 100%. Even with the recent nerf to snowfall guardian it still does everything well

Warrior. (20 characters)

Control: warlock did well for the whole year, unlike priest who was one of the worst control decks.

Midrange: there is a huge variety of decks from different classes, but they usually lasts only for one expansion.
Paladin is probably the best candidate, followed by hunter.

Shaman seems too risky to me: by looking at the history of nerfs, it can go from tier 1 to tier 5 in just one patch.

Mage would suit you well it can control almost any board,
There are 40 card version and 30 card versions of it very strong atm.

Whatever you don’t play warlock it’s a horrible class

Why you are doing this to yourself ? You are wasting your time ,HS is almost unplayable right now , not enjoyable at all except if you are new to the game .Almost all old players have gone or play just for the quests.
Just imagine this , new expansion is out almost half month and it feels like is out there for 1 year

Just quit the game, it’s pointless and waste of your time.

Warlock, specifically curselock.
Pros: is fun to play, checks both midrange and control gameplay, is a good deck overall that can get you to climb hard and earn rank rewards.
Cons: can be quite expensive for someone that missed the last expansions (don’t know what decks are being offered for returning players atm).
Also, mage is in a really good state rn and it flexes in both playstyles.