Original topic: Tyrande, oh where oh where?
Vote in the Poll: Do you think the Tyrande Whisperwind hero should be unlockable again?
- Blizzard announced Tyrande as a new priest hero.
April 27th 2016
- Year of the Kraken started, marking the debut of the Standard Year. Followed by the release of Whispers of the Old Gods expansion.
September 30th 2016 - November 5th 2016
- Tyrande was made available in countries with Twitch Prime. Meanwhile Blizzard announced they will find more ways to unlock her for people who did not live in the aforementioned countries.*
November 17th 2016 - December 31st 2016
- Tyrande was made available in China via WeChat account subscription.
January 25th 2017 - February 10th 2017
- Tyrande was made available in Southeast Asia countries through a card pack purchase promotion.
April 6th 2017
- The Year of the Kraken ended. Followed by the Year of the Mammoth and the release of Journey to Un’goro expansion.
- Yong Woo confirmed that they will make her available again in the Year of the Mammoth (April 6th 2017 - April 12th 2018) in the form of a tweet reply.
July 14th 2017
- Ben Brode confirmed that they were still working on this issue in a reddit AMA.
November 9th 2017
- The thread Tyrande, oh where oh where was created on Hearthstone forum.
- Community Manager confirmed that this was still in the works.
January 2018 - February 2018
- Twitch Prime promotion. No Tyrande.
April 12th 2018
- The Year of the Mammoth ended. Followed by the Year of the Raven and the release of The Witchwood expansion. Tyrande was not made available in that year.
April 20th 2018
- Shortly after the Hearthstone new year, Ben Brode left T5 and Blizzard.
- T5 confirmed that Tyrande will return in the future in a Tavern Talk, but they could not announce a date because “it is not set in stone”. The reasoning behind this is still a myth to this day.
July 22nd 2018
- Community Manager’s last reply in the Tyrande, oh where oh where thread.
- Yong Woo left T5 and Blizzard.
November 2nd 2018 - November 3rd 2018
- BlizzCon 2018. No news on Tyrande.
February 12th 2019
- Layoffs at Activision-Blizzard. Community Managers were all let go.
April 9th 2019
- The Year of the Raven ended. Followed by the Year of the Dragon and the release of Rise of Shadows expansion. Tyrande was not made available in that year.
April 22nd 2019
- T5 confirmed that this was still in the works and promised an ETA “before the end of the year”.
*Source may not be reliable.