Next Patch Theory

That’s your ego talking to protect itself.

Imagine that you lived in Europe during or slightly after the time of Christopher Columbus. You’d know that the world is round and that there is a whole new continent for mankind to explore. Let’s assume that you’re ignorant of Native American people, because you probably would be. That new land would be what you imagine as the Great Unknown.

Now let’s consider people in the modern day, thinking about exploration. They probably think about outer space. Their Great Unknown is represented by science fiction like Star Trek, and it too is probably filled with little ignorances that, if we ever do discover intelligent life out there, will also age like milk. But the size of this Great Unknown is so much bigger than the size of the Great Unknown during the age of Columbus.

Yet, if we could somehow put the modern Space X engineer side by side with, I don’t know, let’s pick Amerigo Vespucci, and Amerigo tried to act like he was so smart and knew so much, the modern engineer would be well within his rights to mock him and flex his superior knowledge. Altair is acting as if he wouldn’t be within his rights, but I say no, he absolutely would. It’d be good and right to do so.

Here’s my point: as one’s knowledge increases, BOTH of these effects intensify, simultaneously:

• one’s knowledge of how little one knows increases, and
  • one increasingly realizes that normal people are stupid.

The way to check one’s own ego is to ensure that the second effect is not intensifying faster than the first.

2 Likes

Appreciate the input.

However, your impression is demonstrably false.

Mocking myself here

Admitting defeats, recognizing better players

Thanking somebody for teaching me something

Not infallible, not omniscient.

Just aware of my strengths and weaknesses.

Talking about yourself seems to be a superpower.
Learning from others? I have yet to see that particular skillset from you.

You have no idea how lonely that gets.

1 Like

prefer that to turning every topic into “mage sucks guys 1 lik = 1 mage buff*”

Edit: Sorry little hasty of me

2 Likes

Amen to that.

New rule: every time Mal posts about Mage, Altair is entitled to 1 flex of equal or lesser word count

4 Likes

That deck is one good strong finisher card away from becoming a meta tyrant. It just currently has a hard time closing out games.

1 Like

I just need 3 numbers:

16-5, 169

Im gigahighrolling let’s go

1 Like

What games does it struggle against? When I look at it, I can’t see how it beats many of the decks. Can you give me a list? I’m sure I could tweak and play with it and try to find a finisher. My problem isn’t with finishers in DK, it’s the surviving.

I don’t know how you can beat out Dragon Druid and Highlander Druid and they are everywhere.

You can play the regular version or the Highlander version. Pretty sure Donkey has all the top versions on Guru. Surviving is the easy part it’s late game the deck has trouble with. All the finisher tools are missing from it because it’s triple Blood. It’s like playing a control Warrior deck without any of their finisher cards.

1 Like

I’ll play around with it. I have some ideas if it can survive.

Is it good at end game survivability?

The one that isn’t highlander you can do some funny things with tidepool and blood to get your health pool pretty high plus stack some armor. The HL vs basically gets you access to Reno and a semi win condition.

To be honest when i played the triple blood version i was always hoping to discover the hero. That would have been enough of a win condition between the dmg and discovery each turn. Either that or Discover Foamrender to just steadily beat them down.

1 Like

Discover the hero???

https://ibb.co/Jr7ybLW

You asked, I delivered.

Will that be all?

2 Likes

Yeah, Triple Blood is doing fine, I bet that’s why people are not playing it: unless you are against super aggro games go for eternity.

It’s that and also people being stubborn, mate when I have 50+ hp there is no chance in hell your going to kill me with your Lamplighters :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope morbid selfishness, isn’t your only motivation next time. I hope you won’t drop to top 500 again if I start liking your posts.

You know, you could congratulate him instead of remaining salty.

2 Likes

You are running two Hematurges so you can get Horseman from Discovery.

The worst enemies are highroll OTKs and infinite control.

I auto concede against Priest because I hate playing against Reno Priest.
It’s hard to survive against Concierge Druid if they can assemble combo on turn 5 or 6.
But druid generally is fine.
Infinite Zillax Warrior is a roadblock because even tho you have tools to remove those Ziliaxes you need both Corpse Explosion and enough corpses so when they get their fifs round of taunts resurrected you might have a problem.

It is doing great against anything else, especially Handbuff Paladin, all types of DK and Lamplighter Mage is a perfect matchup other than people do not understand when they already lost against you.

Oh, the Horseman. lol for someone reason that was not clicking. Makes sense.

2 Likes

The only reason he posted that, was to be salty against me. He is too predictable at this point.