Next Patch Theory

Hey all,

Kinda curious what yall think would be possibly nerfed/buffed? I hope they still go the route of touching up some cards that don’t see play as it is healthy in the long run. But I haven’t touched standard in a week or two so not sure what the meta looks like. It seems like Druid is still an issue and Sonya rogue seem to be a menace at times.

Curious on your thoughts!

My suspicions

Tidepool to 2 (vastly overkill nerf but that’s blizz)
Sonya to 5 (same here)
Wave of Nostalgia to 6 (a slap on the wrist nerf)
Splish-Splash Whelp to 2/1 (reducing tempo of ramp)
tsunami to 12 mana summon 5 cause fu-- mage probably

Not the nerfs we need mind, just the ones we’ll get.

They did manage to shock me 90% of the patches this year, so I wouldn’t be surprised, but…

There’s no other option, it should be done like this

That’s cope

Completely unneccesary, the card is bad

It’s extremely conditional as it depends on you having a board

Cool idea - this is my favorite from your list

You somehow forgot the 1 mana draw 2 cards with added flexibility (Sleep under the stars), Doomkin, Nestmatron and Fye

They’re all potential nerf targets (Sleep under the stars must be nerfed, or the game will just die, it’s not even questionable at this point)

Nest Matron to refresh 3 crystals.

Tidepool pupil to 2 mana OR get a random one instead of discover

Razzle Dazzler back to 7

I think they go super light on the nerfs

1 Like

The DK location, Horizon’s edge should be addressed too. Perhaps 4 durability, or only damage minions.

We all forgot DK

DK deserves some hate, as well, next patch

It’s been long tolerated how the class continuously has access to broken cards (let’s define broken cards those which you insta pick in Arena when you see them, no matter your deck composition - 2 mana 2/2 rush with deathrattle, 2 mana 2x 1/1 with deathrattles, 5 mana Twisting nether

Add to that a new condition that rainbow deck cannot use plague spells, and we’re gucci

It’s pretty game-breaking to allow them to also shuffle a dozen of plagues while maintaining a board control (which the deck just always does early and mid-game, it only loses it late game if the game isn’t over yet)

I used to think that, as well, but after playing 100+ games against it, I’m not so sure anymore

If we address the deathrattle minions which are absurdly mana-efficient, then the location becomes less of a problem, as DK will have less minions to suicide

1 Like

I hope you realize these are not the nerfs I want but the nerfs I’m predicting lol

Nothing. A miniset is looming. That’s the patch.

I didn’t. The dazzler nerf is a DK one and not a shaman one imo.

Tidepool to 2 mana seems like the most obvious nerf, kills sonya interaction while also hitting Insanity warlock.

Nest matron to 5 mana or reduce in mana restored.

Horizons edge could lose a durability.

Again, not sure if they touch Paladin, but if they do, weapon to 5 mana.

Pain warlock could use a hit to, but Im not sure what you hit from it.

It also hits Overheal Priest fwiw

1 Like

Well, they do both run it, so…

Idk, I think it would be much less of a problem if he didn’t already have brutal board control before playing it

Well, at least he does against me

I think they’re going to just change druid cards to cost 0 mana and get rid of all ramp cards.

You could just switch to insanity lock and destroy every single DK you come in contact with lol

Not really

49% against Frost DK, 52% against Rainbow DK, should be a 50-50, honestly, and I’m not that good on that deck as I am on sludgelock, so I would de-rank a bit

I wasn’t aware of the frost dk yet but yeah if it has direct damage like mage it will be tough. Good insanity lock will wipe the floor with rainbow though. There’s no way to stop a 30 damage bomb. Maybe if the rainbow gets lucky and can unload 4 corpsicles at once, I dunno. I’ve never been that lucky.

First of all, he has like 50 hp during the game, sometimes more, as he uses the spell that gives him 5 + 5 hp, twice

Secondly, it has way too much early control, what with minions, what with removals. Sludgelock has better chances of getting through all that than Insanity does, because you can’t afford to use your crescendos to clear 1/1-s with deathrattles, as you need them for combo dmg or heal

So what do you do? You’re practically just drawing and playing minions only to see them die, and DK board getting huge

It’s a tough matchup which can go 4 ways: Warlock draws early combo and DK draws early health and board - 50-50, warlock draws early combo, DK doesn’t draw early health - warlock win, Warlock doesn’t draw early combo and DK draws early health and board - DK wins, noone draws anything, 52-48 for warlock due to OTK potential

And I don’t know why I couldn’t master other decks as good as this one, but I just couldn’t. I tried. Hundreds of games on Insanity, never as good. Thousands on Shaman, not even close. Hundreds on Druid, not a chance.

I’m a one-trck-pony xD

P.S. Sludgelock has another advantage - it wins against Insanity xDD I got 58% against Warlocks

?? That’s triple blood. Rainbow doesn’t have that spell.

Rly?? So there’s 3, not 2 of them on the ladder??

There’s the missing link between 52% and 43%, which I actually have against DK

There’s a whole slew of different DK decks.

There’s the newer Frost one that is double frost unholy. That’s more like a burn deck so I could see where that one beats Insanity since Insanity is self damaging and that deck can throw a few spells to face like Mage.

Then there’s Rainbow Corpsicle (the most popular). This runs tons of little minions + location damage and hits you in the face over and over with the 3 damage Corpsicle. It’s like aggro + burn later.

Then there’s Plague DK. Nothing new here.

Then there’s Triple Blood Control DK. This one runs the vampiric blood that gains +5+5 and has 2 copies of that (more with fizzle and tidepool). This deck cannot run Reska or Plagues, but can run Helya alone.

The vampiric blood spell ONLY exists in Triple Blood DK and cannot be discovered from the other decks. As soon as they play that triple blood rune, you know it’s that deck and you know they don’t have Reska unless discovered somehow.

Then there’s a bunch of other DK decks. Handbuff, deathrattle, etc. Those are few and far between but they aren’t really that good.

So if you are facing triple blood, you’re not facing the most popular deck, you’re facing a control deck. It’s not as popular of a deck, and it really sucks vs a lot of the meta, but people may be running that in some attempt to beat aggro.

1 Like