29.2.1 Patch Notes

Patch 29.2.1 is a server-side hotfix rolling out now with the following game updates and bug fixes.

Weekly Quest Update

The Weekly Quest requirements are now as follows:

• Use your Hero Power 30 times (instead of 40)
  • Play Battlecry cards 75 times (instead of 100)
  • Play Miniaturize or Mini cards 32 times (instead of 60)
  • Win games in Tavern Brawl, Arena, or Battlegrounds 10 times (instead of 15)
  • Win ranked Hearthstone games 10 times (instead of 15)
  • Damage enemy heroes 400 damage (not changed this patch)
  • Spend 750 mana (not changed this patch)

XP granted by the Weekly Quests is not changing from the new higher amount.

Dev Comment: To get these changes out as fast as we could, we’ve put them into this server-only hotfix. That means there will be some weirdness where the numbers look unchanged in the client, but function as described above (so your ranked wins Quest, for instance, will read 9/15, but get completed after your next win, at 10/15). We are putting together an additional client-side hotfix patch to clean up this issue soon.

See our recent blog post for more on why Weekly Quests were changed with Patch 29.2 and why they’re being adjusted again with this patch.

Battlegrounds Updates

Armor Updates

The following heroes now have more Armor:

• Millhouse Manastorm now has 10 Armor at all ranks.
  • Cho and Gall now have 14 Armor.
  • Queen Wagtoggle now has 10 Armor at lower ranks and 15 Armor at higher ranks.
  • Arch-Villain Rafaam, Fungalmancer Flurgl, and N’Zoth now have 15 Armor.
  • Dinotamer Brann and Ozumat now have 18 Armor.

The following heroes now have less Armor:

• Ysera now has 10 Armor.
  • A. F. Kay now has 14 Armor.
  • Millificent Manastorm now has 10 Armor at lower ranks, still has 16 Armor at higher ranks.

Bug Fixes

• [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Death Knight weapons could sometimes gain the ability to Freeze targets.
  • [Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where Splendiferous Whizbang’s Rogue deck would sometimes not include its Treasures.
  • [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug that caused some Battlegrounds Duos games to instantly end right after hero selection.
  • [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug with Cariel Roame causing disconnects.
  • [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug with Al-Akir’s Hero Power causing de-syncs.
  • [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where using Reno Jackson’s Hero Power on a Shellemental didn’t give a Golden Spellcraft spell that turn.
  • [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where Rylak Metalhead’s effect triggering Deck Swabbie would give both you and your partner the tavern cost reduction.
  • [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where Storm Splitter would copy any spell, not just Tavern Spells.
  • [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where Golden Zilliax (with the Magnetic Module) couldn’t be played after being passed to your partner.
    [Battlegrounds] Fixed a bug where Man’ari Messenger’s Battlecry would affect all players if activated in combat.
  • [Achievements] Fixed a bug where Doctor Holli’dae’s achievements didn’t progress.
  • [Localization] Fixed a text issue with the German version of Watercolor Artist.
2 Likes

Halveria hero power animation fix please and thank you

3 Likes

It still sucks though. Why did you increase the quest requirements in the first place?

18 Likes

This sucks man. Change it to play 10 ranked games at least. I won’t grind 10 wins a week moving forward. I’m gonna just leave this game and play other games instead. This is outrageous.

16 Likes

Any word on a fix for BGs bug where tripled magnetic minions with other magnetics attached to them LOSE those magnetics when golden? Severely limiting mechs right now.

4 Likes

If you cant win ten games a week you should be playing other games instead

you dont sound like the type who plays wild and standard meaning you should be able to get those extra wins at the bronce rank of the format you dont play

even with all the crazy stuff in wild isnt hard to get wins at bronce

What about the bug where Duo isn’t giving any progress on the Rewards Track

1 Like

You are only screwing us half? SOOOO generous. You can shove your new quests up yours. I hope (but not trust) that many people not settle with this.
Thanks to the greedy bastard that designed this, I will have more spare time and less chores to do.

7 Likes

Just re-roll them…you don’t have to do the win quest anyway…choose whatever you are comfortable with

swing and a miss.

Strike 2

2 Likes

Why is 10 wins in an entire week too much to ask? Do you just not enjoy playing the game? If that’s all that it takes for you to quit completely, it doesn’t sound like you were that invested in the first place.

Just reroll that quest for slightly lowered xp if it’s that much trouble.

I hope this won’t be the only issue that you have on your radar. The latest patch literally scrambled the german version. There are ALOT more new mistakes since this week. Not just nonsensical grammar but also wrong keywords.

There even is an article written about this:

https://mein-mmo.de/was-hearthstone-jetzt-gemacht-hat-ist-nur-noch-peinlich/

Just look at the card “Walking Mountain”.

Episch · Diener · Showdown im Ödland · Ansturm, Lebensentzug, Mega-Windsbraut Überlastung: (2)

The card says that is has “Charge” which is wrong.

“Überlastung” is wrong.

Also the word “Windsbraut” does not exist in any language.

And this is just 1 example. PLEASE fix this as soon as possible.

1 Like

Still not acceptable :rage: 100% increase in difficulty and only 20% more reward? Are you insane? 200% or 300% was complete insanity, but 100% is still unacceptable. Just make it at least 50% more reward. This or lower numbers even more. @#^@$#%$ higher-ups pushing this changes.

5 Likes

Full revert now. Unacceptable

16 Likes

The weekly quests doesnt give enough (even with your update) to warrant that demand. Winning 10 games or playing 75 battlecry cards is massive amount of time. If you want to make that kinda of demand start giving out multiple packs per weekly or a skin.

Tell me why I should bother playing at all, if my time is not going to be respected?

11 Likes

No thank you.
Want to increase play time, easy, increase the rewards, want to reduce play time, easy reduce the rewards. You just reduced the rewards per hour played so I guess you want less engagement right? Hope you are happy Blizz.

8 Likes

still any good reason why BG quests are only limited to 3 PER WEEK? it’s 2024…

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Changes look good, but winning 10 matches in battlegrounds, arenas, or Brawl still seems challenging, especially for players who don’t usually play battlegrounds or arena`s