23.2 Known Issues

Hello all,

Follow this thread for information about known issues in Patch 23.2, launching today.

Patch 23.2 will be launching with the following known issues:

• [Resolved 5/19]: When viewing the normal (non-golden) version of a card when you have 1 normal and 1 golden, the Create/Upgrade message will ask if you want to “Create a new golden or Upgrade a normal?” That “Create” button will actually create a normal version, matching the Dust cost indicated. The text will be corrected in a future patch. In the meantime, the players can use the existing “Undo” function if they accidentally craft a different card or card version than intended.
  • [Resolved 5/13]: The Mercenaries N’Zoth event timer will show that the new event “ends in 1 hr.” That is not correct and will be updated after the launch. The N’Zoth event will be available until Patch 23.4.
  • The mobile patch launch will be delayed while the team works on the issues discovered with the desktop launch.

Post-launch issues:

• [Resolved 5/11]: The team is aware that some players are unable to login after the patch and being told they need to update. The team is working on a solution that they expect to implement soon. In the meantime, some players are reporting that they resolved the issue themselves by reinstalling the game client or repeatedly attempting to login.
  • [Resolved 5/10]: The team is tracking reports of players getting locked out when trying to complete the new Mercenaries Bounties. The team will be temporarily disabling the Darkshore zone while this issue is resolved.
  • [Resolved 5/13]: The team is investigating reports of Call of the Grave’s second effect not activating after the patch.
  • [Resolved 5/10]: The team is aware that Deck of Lunacy, Cheesemonger, Enchanted Cauldron, and a few other cards/effects that use the same tech are not functioning after the patch. The team is working on a solution.
  • [Resolved 5/13]: The team is investigating reports of players unable to enter certain Bounties (such as the Mi’da Bounty as part of the N’Zoth event). It appears that this error happens when the Bounty was unlocked by defeating on the previous Bounty (or Bounties) only on Heroic. While the team works on a permanent solution, a workaround to this issue is to go back and defeat the preceding Bounty (or Bounties) on Normal and then return to the one you are unable to access.
  • [Added 5/11]: The team is aware that the frame rate dropdown can’t be fully utilized on some mobile devices.
  • [Resolved 5/19]: The team is aware that some Rexxar Mercenaries Portraits appear to have feigned death. The team is working on a fix for players who lost access to those Portraits to get them back. Any players who lost Rexxar Portraits from this bug and then received those same Portraits again before the bug is fixed will get awarded a different Rexxar Portrait with the bug fix (or, if all Rexxar Portraits are owned, Rexxar Coins).
  • [Partially Resolved 5/19]: The team is investigating reports that some cards/effects are still causing disconnects after the patch. Update: The team added a mitigation step with Patch 23.2.2 and is working on a permanent solution.
  • [Partially Resolved 5/20]: The team is investigating reports that Battlegrounds Ratings are not progressing as expected when playing in a lobby with friends. Update: The team has pushed out an update that will avoid this issue if the party leader for your lobby is playing on desktop. The fix for if the party leader playing on mobile will be included in the next major patch.
  • [Resolved 5/13]: The team is aware that a small number of players are getting “Playful Sprites” when trying to login in 23.2 if they had the Random Card Back equipped prior to the patch. The team has identified the cause of that issue and is working on a resolution for a hotfix planned to come soon.
  • [Resolved 5/13]: The team is aware that the Mercenaries N’Zoth Event Task 6 is not progressing properly. The team has identified the cause of that issue and is working on a resolution for a hotfix planned to come soon.
  • [Added 5/17]: The team is aware that the Send Deck Codes in Chat feature does not work on mobile devices. The team is investigating the issue.
  • [Added 5/17]: The team is aware that Frozen Mammoth is still able to be drafted by some Arena classes. The team is investigating the issue.
  • [Updated 5/31]: The team is investigating reports of deck codes/decklists not saving or being inconsistent across devices. Update: This appears to be related to the issue where players receive an “error while starting your game.” As a workaround for that error, delete the deck you are trying to queue with and rebuild it.

~~

5/10 Update:
The team is currently in the process of launching a server-side emergency hotfix that will include the following fixes:

• Fixes a bug that caused Mercenaries crashes in the Darkshore zone. The Darkshore zone should now also be unblocked. Players who were already stuck in the Darkshore zone may need to retire their Bounty before they can continue.
  • Fixes a bug that was causing players to receive several notifications for Mercenary unlocks they already had.
  • Fixes the bug that broke Deck of Lunacy, Cheesemonger, Enchanted Cauldron, and cards with those similar effects.

The hotfix is expected to take a few hours to be distributed to all regions, but should update automatically when it hits your server. Separately, the team is still actively working on the Call of the Grave bug and the bug that is blocking some players from logging in.

~~

5/11 Update:
The team has just released an update patch for desktop. The patch fixes the bug blocking some players from logging in because of an “account update.” The patch also fixes a bug that prevented privacy settings from saving across devices.

The update patch will be made available to mobile devices as it is approved on those mobile storefronts.

~~

5/13 Update:
Patch 23.2.1 was released as a server-side hotfix. It included bug fixes and Arena adjustments. See the dedicated post for more details.

~~

5/25 Update:

We are releasing a server-side hotfix tomorrow that addresses some server-side issues and also includes the following changes to Battlegrounds:

The minion Stormscale Siren will be removed from the minion pool.

The minion Warden of Old will be returned to the minion pool at Tier 3 (now with the Naga minion type).

Dev Comment: The combination of Stormscale Siren and Tidemistress Athissa resulted in Naga warbands that scaled too large, too quickly. We’ll be playtesting changes to Stormscale Siren internally, in hopes that we can find a version that we’d be happy returning to the minion pool in a future patch.

We will continue to update this post as we have more information to share.

8 Likes

I feel like maybe they should have waited a bit before this update. Work out the issues. Sad to see the turn to gold card feature already has an issue. it’s going to confuse people…especially since most players don’t use this forum.

12 Likes

The new Mercenaries bounty first softlocks you out of the game and then let’s you stuck on the reconnect screen even after restarting the game

20 Likes

im locked in new bounty wtf is completely broken

6 Likes

The N’Zoth event doesn’t appear to be working correctly (or perhaps just the bounty). I had to reset the game during the first fight in the bounty. I was able to finish that fight, but the second had the same problem. I couldn’t add my team to the board as it wasn’t there. I reset again and am now stuck on the “resuming” screen.

10 Likes

Starting the new Mercenaries bounty locks you out of the game. I can’t even concede to get out of the loading screen.

9 Likes

Hello, since your update freshly launched, it is impossible for me to evolve my cards in gold compared to our English-speaking friends on the discord (I deduce that only the EU Serv are impacted) But also more annoying, it is impossible for us to play with friends since this famous update

I’ve had a Diamond Rexxar in Mercenaries for months. As of the new update, it’s gone.

4 Likes

same here, no way to play since i tried the new bounty

5 Likes

does blizzard even playtest their games anymore? starting the new mercenaries bounty completely bricks your account

14 Likes

Strated the new N’Zoth event and did the first battle fine, the second one softlocked me out as well, game just is resuming all the time, cant play anything else at all. Get your stuff fixed now blizzard.

5 Likes

This is so dumb!!! Why even go through all the efforts and expenses to developing an update and then release it with bugs such that players can’t even use the game? Seriously, who is making these ridiculous decisions over there?

9 Likes

Call of the Grave spell stopped working. Whenever I select minion having enough mana to play it, it’s deathrattle is not triggered. (Tested at least 3 times)

7 Likes

Just got done with my dailies, and found a bug with Deck of Lunacy. It does literally nothing. Played 3 games in a row with no minion mage (in wild), cast it all 3 times, nothing. 2 Mana nothing.

2 Likes

Can confirm the issue with the new Darkshore bounty. After the boss fight starts - game locks. After trying to reopen the client I’m stuck with the window: “Reconnecting to your game…”

3 Likes

[Added 5/10]: The team is aware that some players are unable to login after the patch and being told they need to update. The team is working on a solution that they expect to implement soon. In the meantime, affected players can resolve the issue themselves by reinstalling the game client.

This did not work. Still getting “Your account needs to be updated. Please restart the game.” after uninstalling and reinstalling HS.

7 Likes

This exact same issue for me. Couldn’t place mercenaries, on reload get locked into the ‘Resuming game’ message. If I wait long enough, I get sent to the ‘playful sprites’ screen.

5 Likes

In my case, it happened because the main enemy on the map was shown incorrectly. It has a caster sign, but the main enemy was a fighter (clownfish)

1 Like

Same trouble in my games.

2 Likes