Abnormally high GPU usage during inventory / vendor menu

I just created a thread about this exact thing too. I included my specs and game settings to help them isolate variables.

2 Likes

same here. insane. had the Blacksmith UI open and went away a couple of minutes. when back on my PC my GPU was at 100% over 75 °C.
capped my game at 90fps and 60fps in background

imo the game is not optimized good. seems they released to early. a lot of stuff missing or technical issues.

and its reproducible. Open MSI Afterburner or NVIDIA overlay. open UI + 20% CPU.
then go to the blacksmith instant 100%

Edit : When i disable the Nvidia Low Latency the GP also goes up.

2 Likes

I’ve been experiencing a similar issue, but with my CPU.

I have a Ryzen 9 5900x that typically sits around 65c max during gaming under a NH-D15. Have had zero issues with my set-up’s thermals in the past, until D4.

Every few minutes (anywhere between 1 minute to 5) it’ll randomly spike to almost 80c for just a second or two before going back down to my usual temps. This happens regardless if I’m in combat, talking to a vendor, or whatever.

Performance of the game itself is fine, but it’s very jarring having my case fans go haywire intermittently like this.

My GPU INSTANTLY jumps to 99% load when speaking to a vendor on my 3080ti. I don’t recall if this was occurring before the patch or not. Standing next to this vendor I’m currently at 61%, but as soon as I click on them to view what they have it skyrockets.

I don’t have issues in any of the other menus like Character Panel, Abilities, Skill Flyout, Comparing items, general menus, cutscenes, dialogue.

1 Like

The suggestions here stopped my fans from going to max settings the instant I opened the inventory or vendor. Thank you. (DLSS to quality and disabling NVIDIA Reflex Low Latency).
It’s been an hour at least without max fans. Not sure if it will come back as others have stated.
The GPU load still climbs very high, but it must be just under what is needed for max fans.

1 Like

You are not the only one dude. I’m running a 3070 with I7-9700k. I have played much more graphically intensive games and have never had this issue. For me it’s when I teleport to a town in Multiplayer I will get 100% GPU Usage and like 15-35 FPS sometimes. I usually restart the game at this point but this results in a crash and sometimes freezes my PC forcing me to reboot my PC.

From what I’ve read this has been an issue since the BETA and nothing has been done about it. The issue has gotten much better since a couple a days ago, it was like every 15 minutes I was running into this issue but now it’s about every two hours or so. It’s still so annoying it still occurs and there hasn’t been any word from Blizzard about it.

1 Like

Same Problem here. RTX4090. I’m playing on 120FPS/Hz locked, VS on. I tried VS off, DLSS on/off, FG on/off, Reflex on/off. Re-installed old driver, re-installed new driver, nothing helps.
The card uses around 200W ingame, in the blacksmith menu it jumps up to 99% and draws nearly 450W. For a workaround I fixed the power limit through Afterburner to 75%. Perhaps it helps some of you guys to set the limit or temperature for smaller cards.

It really has been like this for me all the time. Not just after th latest patch.

It doesnt change anything for me,

1 Like

I seem to have fixed it by setting the DLSS to quality, Disabling NVIDIA Reflex Low Latancy, FPS locked at 60 foreground and 10 background AND setting my screen resolution to 2560x1440 That was the key change. It only stops the GPU ramping up at that resolution for me, not higher not lower. Temps remain stable at 54c I will see if this holds or if it reverts to previous issue.

These 2 doesn’t do anything for me.

This is the only thing that seems to lower the workload. It’s entirely egregious that my RTX 3080 is overheating with 1080p Resolution, Texture on medium, and FPS capped at 145. Only with inventory open. I can run Ultra and High settings with 145 FPS without overheating while playing the game. It is strictly only with Inventory open.

Point being, we should’t be 60 FPS capped with RTX 30xx and 40xx at sub-4k resolution.

PC Sounds like a Jet Engine - Technical Support - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

Please take a look at this and share your experiences. The more noise we make the more visible it will be to the Devs.

1 Like

You are correct, now I have NVIDIA Reflex Low Latancy enabled and set DLSS to balanced no issue. but have to keep the FPS foreground to 60 and the resolution set as I said earlier I have no problem running high textures, shadows etc.

1 Like

My laptop died when talking to npc. Of course Blizzard do not feel guilty and laptop is half year after warranty so i have to spend cash becouse of pure coding. Latop was not hot. Died becouse of power spikes that comes when you interact with npc.

Why often power spikes that are not normal for hardware are dangerous? Try guess.

+1, I experience the same. I don’t understand why Blizzard hasn’t replied to this thread yet. This is a serious issue that can lead to hardware damage.

I am honestly concerned with the inactivity the Tech Support and Bug Report sub-threads are getting from Blues. For a brand new title in early access, you would think they would be addressing these serious issues that are easily reproducible across different systems.

Unfortunately, I think the only thing we can do it be very vocal and keep these threads active so it’s on the top. I linked the thread I started too if you want to post on it to keep it visible.

2 Likes

Having the same issues as well, only this didn’t start after the patch - it was always there, perhaps to a lesser extent during pre-patch. Running a 3090.

The same issue exists in Diablo 2: Resurrected.

I read that problem exist since beta and was mentioned many times befor.

Summary.
They know about the problem and stayed silent befor the relase. We are not even testers, we are labor rabits.

I am not living in USA so court is not an option in my countryand i will not get any insurance for damaged laptop but i will keep this thread live to save others.

1 Like

I sincerely hope that the problem will be fixed before launch day, with the release of the game many more people will start playing and more and more people will notice this problem, it is strange that blizzard is not responding to the numerous posts about it.

If they do then it will be like they acknowledge their fault. Everyone could sue them becouse of this. USA is the pro-customer country. Best way to not pay anything is to stay silent and fix problem befor release.

If problems stop then they can blame us and not give a single fu**

Game is amazing. For me it is like old Blizzard games. Hit. But this problem…always something.