Diablo 4 / Laptop died

Laptop Dream Machines died durning playing Diablo 4. Same problem like durning beta but now in diffrent device. No longer sure what is going on. Same problem was with New World.

Game crashed when i tried to talk to npc. Twice and now this.

I see how that happend. Broken game is making instability.

Similar problem:

So basically the game broke 2 laptops of yours?

The issue with the GPU usage skyrocketing when opening inventory and vendors is widely known now. But Blizzard is still silent about it. We need more voices so they do something to fix it. If we don’t they will not fix it.

2 Likes

2 laptops and multiple high-end GPUs with an identified and reproducible issue.

+1

1 Like

Do you just go around copy pasting the same thing without reading what the actual complaint is? You are making wild assumptions that the FPS is not being capped. This is especially evident when you posted the exact same nonsense in my thread when the OP specifically says CAPPED FPS.

Lowering the FPS to 60 is lowering load, obviously, but is only masking the problem.

• There is something wrong when GPU utilization jumps from 45% when playing the game in large scale combat to 90% when idling with your Inventory open.
  • There’s a problem when fighting, moving, and having particle effects has stable temperatures and fan speed at 73 C, but idling with your inventory open ramps up to 80 C. It would probably go much higher if the GPU wasn’t hitting the 80 C ceiling and throttling.

This is not a FPS problem. Lowering FPS is a bandaid solution to much larger problem.

1 Like

This is not a design issue then people are having issues across product lines from GTX to RTX from different manufacturers. Again, you are clearly not reading the details.

Yes, I understand that there has to be a failsafe fault for it to break.

My gripe is that this game is clearly pushing component to the fault point and only at very specific and reproducible instances; with inventory open.

There should be something to be said when you can maintain stable conditions during encounters with moving shadows, lighting, particles, ect, but can’t handle idling with a window open.

The people who had systems become fried had faulty component, I agree.

It’s not even really a “spike”. It ramps up and only stabilizes when the GPU throttles with fans at 100%.

Only one was mine. I read about second on beta and now i know what happend becouse problem occure durning the same event. -talking to npc. Fans went crazy and laptop just turn off.

I was playing in 1080p.
Cap 75fps.
Medium/low
8fps in background.

Laptop wasn’t hot, i do not smell anything fried.
Temperatures where okay.
Played a lot of games and had no problem.
Games eas crashing in Diablo 4 after talking to npc. Never in battles.

Laptop died when i clicked on npc. Fans went crazy i latpop died.

Power spikes damaged it, caused by pure code.
No warranty since half year. Laptop went to service and that is all i know. Problem is known.

@Edit

I just had my gpu fried while in inventory as well. 3060ti poof gone. It is less than 6 months only. Luckily they are going to replace for me but it was a blizzard gane that did it. I was playing with a friend for about an hour not even and after i opened my inventory to look at some stuff all power to my computer went out. I even bought another cpu. No change. As soon as i unplug my gpu from power my system runs fine. I tried plugging it into another port on my motherboard and still the sane thing.

1 Like

Hey,

Sad to hear that.
Please, make thread about what happend to You. We have to flood forum to be noticed by Blizzard.

For now ‘it is isolated problem’ for Blizzard so they do not care

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.