Interacting with vendors causes a rapid and unexplained increase in gpu power consumption

Hi, I’ll start by saying that the problem is super easy to reproduce, I even recorded a video. The game is smooth and has no problems, even in the most intense combat situations, but when i interact with the menu of any vendor the gpu consumption goes up so much something like 70 watts to 200 watts (i have an rtx 3070 the max is 220 watts) and the temperatures go from 55C to 73C in less than a minute and the instant after i close the screen it goes back to normal values again. I have read many posts about this problem, all with different video card models. I hope you will solve it soon, even locking the fps to 60 will not solve the problem, it will decrease for sure, but not by that much. The strange thing is that my computer can handle the game at 165 fps without a problem, but when I interact with vendors it becomes a serious problem.

1 Like

Mine is doing the same. 3070ti
I can run 200+ frames and have all the settings maxed and game runs 150 watts and gpu stays between 58-62c, gpu usage 72-80% no crash no stutter but as soon as I open my inventory or talk to a merchant it’s screams in mere seconds. 300+ watt usage, 76c+ gpu usage goes to 100% and my game is on a ticking time bomb. I have done absolutely everything to try and resolve this. But nothing.