Rathma Minion Master redux

Bone Spirit’s a pretty awful skill and it can just sit out, it doesn’t have to be rolled into something else until they can actually make it worthwhile.

Bones of Rathma 2-Piece Set: Your minions reduce the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 1 second each time they deal damage. Your skeletal warriors spawn faster, and your revived minions and Skeleton Archers no longer expire.

Bones of Rathma 4-Piece Set: Your minions no longer take damage. You gain 1% damage reduction for 15 seconds each time one of your minions deal damage. Maximum of 75 stacks.

Bones of Rathma 6-Piece Set: Your Revive, Command Golem, Command Skeleton, and Skeleton Archer minions do 10,000% increased damage. Each active minion increases the damage of Army of the Dead by 1000%.

Defiler Cuisses: Revive, Command Golem, and Command Skeleton minion damage is increased by 200% to 300% for every Revive minion that is active.

Golemskin Breeches: Gain the five runed golems at all times and reduce the cooldown on Command Golem by 20 to 25 seconds.

New item Bonds of C’Lena: Army of the Dead and your Revive, Command Golem, and Command Skeleton minions deal 300% to 400% increased damage. Your Revive, Command Golem, and Command Skeleton minions deal an additional 2% increased damage for 5 seconds each time Army of the Dead hits an enemy.

There was really nothing wrong with redesigned Rathma aside from a bad invulnerability interaction that was too easy to maintain (a fault in the passive that was already fixed) and the inclusion of another non-minion spell being the focus of damage, turning minions into inert buffs.

This rework addresses that, brings focus back to minions and AotD, and for the most part preserves AotD-based speed variants like wudijo’s, while providing options and additional active play elements and utility - all without attempting to fundamentally redesign the redesign or significantly disrupting other builds.

This should be the starting point for tuning testing rather than burying the set for an entire season.

19 Likes

Interesting idea to include Golem in the damage computation, so players will fill a slot in the skill bar, so skill bar will not feel empty. I added this idea into

That’s new.

• Pro : In 1 clic you can freeze ennemies (Ice Golem) and deal them 2000% damage (Bone Golem), plus additional damage if corpses are present (Decay Golem)
  • Con : This is not boosted by the Set. How sad.
  • Con : Blood Golem and Flesh Golem destroy your Golem, so you lose 1000% on Army of the Dead

All-Five-runes Golem has pro and cons.
Some runes mix can be a good idea

Will be exploited in LOD Mages, which is already top-notch.

That one’s getting a little difficult to word tbh when you have to specifify the long version of “your not-mages” so I left it off while I did some Kwik Maffs on minion damage.

Was not intended, fixed.

5 rune golems are problematic yes. Bone and frost golem seems nice. Mages should not be considered minions anymore and that would solve the problem of rat runs.

Also will be exploited in LOD Mages

It’s not really any more problematic than Inna’s imo. The only really troublesome interaction there is between Flesh and Decay, and that’s more an order of operations thing.

Would certainly make my life easier but I doubt it will happen. :joy:

Needs an upper limit or else you get infinite stacks, just like first iteration of Bone Ringer.

Bone ringer stacks without interaction over time with stacks that can’t degrade. It does so in a fundamentally different manner than a hit-based stacking mechanic with a limited duration.

Fixed.

Fixed this as well.

Generally in Diablo 3, the stacking mechanism also stacks duration. Example : Devour / Satiated.

It’s OK if you want to do it differently, but then you need to give players the precision that duration is not stackable.

1 Like

This. This is honestly all we have been asking for, for so long! Funny how you included the Golem in there I like it! I had golem included in my post as well but slightly different.
(2) Bonus: Your minions reduce the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 1 sec each time they deal damage. Your skeletal warriors spawn faster,your revived minions no longer expire, and Command Golem now splits into X amount .

Overall I agree with your changes there and hope that they finally listen to us! Bone spirit should be its own build, be it LoD or other reworked set where it fits NOT in the pet set!

2 Likes

I agree to a point but it’s the same as the original item and functions the same way from what I saw (Bone Spirit was not receiving 23457634753475 stacks by end of run).

If you can give me an example of where this hard limit is expressed in another item explicitly that would be helpful - I did a quick scan and saw nothing.

RAT runs have been the only minion build forever, lets not kill the only other good minion build.

So you have 2 sources of damage, minions and Army of the Dead.
10K Minions Damage seems a little bit unfair considering the surface covered (28 minions hitting whom 18 are doing damage) at distance VS a proximity Set like Inarius, or a distance Set like LOD Mages whom numbers are less (9750%, 10 Mages), but hits rate is high and quite boosted by items (Scythe of the Cycle 400%). Maybe in that case the bonus given by Defiler Cuisses and Bonds of C’Lena is uneeded.

The number isn’t there because I think it’s fair, it’s there because you complained there wasn’t a number.

I’m not going to put more effort into tuning an ignored scrap of paper than Blizz puts into tuning their game.

If I compare the number of minions to LOD Mages, I’d say 28 / 10 ~= 2.8, It would be fair at (10000 - 250 = 9750) / 2.8 = 3500% increased Damage

The only problems I see with that are

• 22, not 28
  • The minions are predominantly melee and subject to the charmingly stupid minion pathing and collision
  • The minions are in no way comparable to singularity mages for damage output

This multiplier was taken off another minion build with minions that do significantly more damage than skeletons, etc, so I think it works fine as a starting point for testing at the very least.

Yeah Mages don’t make any damage in your build, sorry

Yeah base damage is 400% for Mages (+Singularity) but only 50% for Skeletons. So yes there is a strong base difference. Command Golem is at 450%. For Revived Creatures, well it depends ^.^’

This is a good suggestion

1 Like

Thanks. Isend and others helped refine it significantly.

Well, it’d be more accurate to say that they pretty much destroyed the passive.

But yes, I have no idea if the damage numbers are balanced, but they could have done something like this to keep Rathma a pet set.