2.7.0 v2 Rathma Pure Pet Set

Bones of Rathma

• 2p : Skeletons hits reduce CDR of Army of the Dead by 1s. 3% damage reduction per active minion
  • 4p : Command Golem No Rune grants the 5 Golems. Skeletal army count as Skeletons / Massacre
  • 6p : Each Skeleton, Golem, Revived Creature gives them 1000% increased damage. Immortal minions

Immortal minions : until unskill/unequip, they don’t take damage, do not expire, stay alive after your death
Items : Jesseth, Bone Ringer, Nayr, Jairo, Obsid., CoE, Fate’s Vow, Scarlet Death, Bloodsong, Golden Gorget
Pure Pet Set as wanted by community.

Simple.

4 Likes

Nah we have enough poison builds already, forcing a set to a damage type that is already overrepresented is a pretty awful design choice for diversity.

It’s also 'way too late in the game to try and determine how many skeletons AotD would count as.

Agree, but that’s mainly because Nayr’s Black Death mechanics. For build diversity, see also :

It’s like a bazooka, not very precise.
Don’t really care how much additional skeletons, since it’s a lot.
Numbers are subject to adjustement. Can be 20, can be 50.
Developers have just to precise the number under each rune.

But it’s still two awful suggestions, less than a week from the end of the PTR, one of which is based on something that will never even happen.

3 Likes

By the past PTR have been longer, to get players feedback and adjust. That’s the goal. PTR have no fixed length. PTR are the real Seasons now. Better modify itemization than produce an unused Set.

They aren’t going to extend it indefinitely.
Nayr’s doesn’t need to be reworked.
This set design is the second-most boring thing I’ve ever seen suggested, with even less flexibility than previous-gen Manajuma.

Forced damage type.
Still have a long CD on AotD.
Have no damage outside AotD on the aforementioned cooldown.

You’re acting like forcing everyone to use Nayr provides diversity by

1. Making this fundamentally identical to other necro poison builds
  2. Forcing people to fill their bars with nothingburger buttons to proc a damage type requirement.

Hard pass.

3 Likes

Ok.

I removed Poison advantage.
I added CDR on hit, but only for Skeletons.
Since Army of the Dead is buffed by number of Skeletons, It depends on how number of Skeletons each rune has. I would say Unconventional Warfare or Frozen Army are visually the best
This way Rathma would escape Nayr’s Black Death fatigue

It’s better and I see what you’re going for but I think it can be accomplished without fundamentally altering the set bonuses beyond replacing Bone Spirit with minion damage. I outlined a few options in another topic.

Removed Damage Reduction
Added CDR for Land of the Dead, Limited Immunity

Now your only source of defense is Rathma Shield & Limited Immunity
Bones of Rathma embraces Rathma’s Shield.
Bones of Rathma embraces Bone Armor / Limited Immunity

I’m tired of “Bone Armor” in every Necromancer set.

Why does this build need permanent LotD?

Also this.

For once, there is zero damage reduction.
Land of the Dead triggers Rathma’s Shield.
Invigoration + Captain Crimson’s also grants you immunity.
It’s a new way of playing Necromancer.
Use passive to the full extent rather than nerfing it.

In addition, you can make good usage of Invigoration for zero essence (skeletons) at the cost of cooldown (no Obsidian, but potentially more hits) and/or Devour.

You are not forced to use Limited Immunity if you don’t want, there are multiple options available for damage mitigation.

…but why do we need another LotD build, and why do we need easy uptime on it? I know you know what it does, so it’s pretty obvious why this is completely broken.

I also don’t understand why everyone’s fixated on making this set use skills common in or directly buffed by other builds. Those other builds and sets already exist. It seems pretty unproductive to tie yourself in knots trying to justify including them here, especially for something like maintaining immunity - an obvious no long before necromancers even existed. See: Monk

There’s really no tradeoff here either, since you can just perma-CC via LotD and get perma Krysbin procs on top of that while hiding behind a minion wall that does 18000% increased damage before determining the mystery AotD contribution.

1 Like

What would you suggest ?
Replace Land of the Dead, Limited Immunity by 50% damage reduction ?

I already made my suggestions and even already linked them in this topic.

I listened your observations

Update :

• 2p : Skeletons hits reduce CDR of Army of the Dead. 5% damage reduction per active minion
  • 4p : Immortal minions. Bone Spikes apply a random curse. Skeletal army count as active Skeletons

7 Skeletons + 10 Revived = 17 x 5% = 85% Damage reduction
7 Skeletons + 10 Revived + 1 Golem = 18 x 5% = 90% Damage reduction
7 Skeletons + 10 Revived + 10 Mages = 27 x 5% = 135% Damage reduction
7 Skeletons + 10 Revived + 1 Golem + 10 Mages = 28 x 5% = 140% Damage reduction

Bone Spikes allows players to Curse at Distance while generating Essence.
As minions are immortal & do not expire, Skeleton Archer can boost Bone Spikes attack speed (30%).
Swift Harvesting also increase Bone Spikes Speed (15%)

Frostburn synergizes with Frost Spikes, Skeleton Archer, Frozen Army. Ideally Frostburn would Emanate.

This turns into a really simple unkillable build with permanent Singularity, with significantly more DR and damage (28,000% multiplier from the 6p alone without AotD) than LoD.

Revive is cast once. This isn’t really any different anywhere, it’s just included for the count.
Skeletal Mage is cast as needed to max and then never touched.
Command Golem is never touched.

Then it is simply a matter of maintaining Army of the Dead and Command Skeleton buff uptimes while you stand around and occasionally throw out Bone Spike to apply curses you don’t really need.

It’s a relatively slow starter with no falloff, cosmetic passive choices and does far too much damage while being far too survivable.

Effectively it’s LoN Thornsader for necros without the stat requirements, on steroids. You’re basically a one-man rat run but without the speed or teamplay required.

Mages can’t be a part of a minion-based Rathma because that build already exists, and because they dwarf all other minion damage.

~1200% Singularity mage
279x set multiplier (setting aside AotD interaction since it’s still unclear) vs 98.5x LoD

Mages don’t do any damage in this Set.
They only influence damage reduction.
I added emphasis on 6p to make it crystal clear.

On Curses, it can be interesting if you slot a curse rune to force it : Ex: Immobilize with Decrepify/Enfeeblement, Life leech with Leech/Cursed Ground, as lots of combination offering slow, stun, essence, increased damage from minions, damage reduction, CDR, …etc.

Curses have synergies through Spear of Jairo & Simulacrum / Cursed Form. Thorns will work, but as duration of Army of the Dead is short, a Thorns build would have zero or a limited benefit of the 4p bonus. In that case it might be better to replace Army of the Dead by an other skill. So Thorns is an option when you can’t do more damage than monsters do.

I completely missed that emphasis. tbh though that means mages shouldn’t even be in the set as they provide no meaningful interaction outside of passive…defense? This inert role is already filled by Revive minions.

This is actually good because that’s the only way you’re going to

since otherwise there’s no room on this bar, and

was referencing a largely inactive and plodding playstyle, not thorns, with the mages in play (which they aren’t).

It still feels a little dry, though.

You free up effectively two skill slots for 0 damage mages and a single 1000% from a golem that’s a little lacking by itself.

You can slot a curse to force another CC or other mechanics and get some interaction with that and thorns but it’s a bit off-brand and without some benefit to this in the set odds are good you’ll typically just be running Bone Armor (because there’s no way you’re getting even 85% DR on a set bonus) and Blood Rush, or Land of the Dead, and Simulacrum. There’s no real play there either as they don’t have a lot of synergy with a build that uses neither corpses nor secondaries.

So it’s another Bone Armor which people are tired of and/or a curse, and/or blood rush really vying for that spot. Strictly speaking you don’t really need the curse either since you’re likely to get the base effect of all three unless you want to force one, which I foresee being pretty rare over the two inescapable necro utilities. I’d probably take blood rush and pick Command Golem back up for farting around but it wouldn’t have as much of a presence in this concept.

A lot of the “doing stuff” (and actual minion damage for necros) is locked behind mages.

The only minions really doing anything interesting in this build are command skeletons, proccing Jesseth. and maybe freezing but unlikely.

Okay

In understand you are saying you want less damage reduction, that Bone Spikes has nothing to do in a minion build, and you want more juicy minion stuff like a meaningful Golem. I got you covered and updated the description:

• 2p : Skeletons hits reduce CDR of Army of the Dead by 1s. 3% damage reduction per active minion
  • 4p : Control up to 4 Golems : 1 Flesh, 1 Ice, 1 Bone, 1 Decay. Skeletal army count as active Skeletons
  • 6p : Immortal minions. Each Skeleton, Golem, Revived Creature gives them 1000% increased damage

Ice, Bone, Decay Golems synergize together : Stune/Freeze ennemies while doing them 2000% damage, plus 30% more per corpse. It is an intermediate damage between passive minion hit, active Command Skeleton hit, and Army of the Dead. Or it is just another way to play if you don’t want army of the Dead. Flesh Golem is interesting for Mask of Scarlet Death, since Revived Creatures deal damage in this proposal.

4 Golems
Brand new in Diablo 3.
No exploit since they are 4 separated Golems. Having 4 different Golems also makes it simple for graphics. I wonder what happens if we activate the Blood Golem Rune ?

3% damage reduction per active minion
7 Skeletons + 10 Revived = 17 x 3% = 51% Damage reduction
7 Skeletons + 10 Revived + 4 Golems = 21 x 3% = 63% Damage reduction
7 Skeletons + 10 Revived + 10 Mages = 27 x 3% = 81% Damage reduction
7 Skeletons + 10 Revived + 4 Golems + 10 Mages = 31 x 3% = 93% Damage reduction

Decent damage reduction without having to slot Mages.