What Rathma should look like

I know Blizzard decided to take the minion set and turn it into a Bone Spirt set because they have made it abundantly clear over the years that they absolutely hate pet builds.

This is evidenced by, Gargantuan, Zombie Dog, Fetish Army, Mystic Ally, Avatar, Revive, Command Skeletons, Golem, Call of the Ancients, Mirror Image, Companion, and pretty much everything except Skeletal Mage totally under perform in every possible way as to ensure no viable build can come from having them as a main source of damage. Sadly the limited 6 slot skill bar, and lack of support items means that using them is almost never beneficial unless their presence simply modifies another source of damage (as in the Inna’s set for example).

Many of us really wanted a Rathma’s set to be a revive pet build, so this is what I would do if I was God (metaphorically speaking of course).

Bones of Rathma 2-Piece Set: Your minions reduce the cooldown of Army of the Dead by 0.25 second each time they deal damage. Your skeletal warriors spawn faster, and your revived minions no longer expire. Each revived minion raises an additional revived minion to a maximum of 20 revives.
(Minions no longer expire but they can take damage and be killed)

Bones of Rathma 4-Piece Set: Your minions no longer take damage. Revives now gain the effect of the Personal Army and Purgatory runes. You gain 1% damage reduction for 15 seconds each time one of your minions deal damage. Maximum of 75 60 stacks.
(Total of 80% DR; 20% of it from Personal Army)

Bones of Rathma 6-Piece Set: Each revived minion increases the damage of Army of the Dead and Bone Spirit by 1000% 500%, up to 8500% Command Skeletons by 1500% to a maximum of 30,000%. Commanded skeletons increase the damage of revived minions by 300%. Command Golem increases revived minions damage by an additional 200% while alive.
(The damage increase on Command Skeletons is just an arbitrary number)

Enforcer
Legendary Rune
Properties:
Increases the damage of your pets by 15%
Upgrade: +0.3 0.9% damage per Rank.
Your pets take 90 less damage (Requires Rank 25)

Tasker and Theo
Legendary Gloves
Properties:
Attack Speed Increased by 5.0 - 6.0%
Increase attack speed of your pets by 40 - 50%
Increase the damage of your pets by 150 - 200%
One of 3 Magic Properties (varies):
+330–524 Dexterity
+330–524 Strength
+330–524 Intelligence
+3 Random Magic Properties

And lets ensure these changes doesn’t make “Rat Runs” more OP
Skeletal Mage
Cost: 40 Essence
Raise a skeleton from the ground to attack your foes dealing 400% 150% weapon damage as Physical over two attacks. Lasts 6 seconds.

• Singularity
    Consumes all Essence to summon a powerful minion. The minion’s damage is increased by 3 1% for every point of Essence consumed.

*Sorry for all the edits but I hit the wrong button and accidently posted before I was done.

6 Likes

We could also use the pointless blood set for something. I don’t think they should completly rework rathma again.

This will buff other builds too. Example are N6M4 or Hydra-builds (for the not obvious ones)

I can’t say much to the rest.

1 Like

That’s a good thing.

I dont know. We wouldnt know until we all keep writing these posts to let them know we really want a pet build instead of semi pet spirit build

6 Likes

All we can do is try right?

I love everything except the rat run nerf. Let rans live. We need it.

Army of the Dead never was good until this PTR, It should stay as part of Rathma, but they should revert the nerf and fix it to not be broken but to keep that fantasy to cast hundreds of skeletons very often to kill everything.
In other hand they should completely remove the Bone spirit thing it makes no sense.

What rat run nerf? Rat runs have not used Rathmas set in a very long time. :upside_down_face:

Unless you mean my proposal about changing mages? That won’t nerf them because tasker and enforcer get a huge buff.

Working on Tasker & Theo & Enforcer would impact much more than Rathma (Hydras in the already overpowered Firebird set, etc.). Plus there is no need to fix LoD Mages, it is currently a working build.

There is only need for buffing a little bit Command Skeletons, Command Golem, Revive, Skeleton Archer.

What is the point of allowing them to be killed if this is just to auto-respawn them when they die ? Unless you want players to lose Bone Ringer stacks ?

Well it is often alive.
Generally this is refered as “active” minion

Thats a lot for a minions build (keep monsters busy) as for a distance build (avoid direct damage). I mean look at this poor Inarius that needs to infight and has only a 10000% bonus.

In addition Command Skeletons seems to have a higher multiplier than revived minions, that goes beyond the simple difference in numbers of monsters or the fact we don’t know how much revived creatures do as a damage. Also Revive as a synergy with Mask of Scarlet Death.

Overall, not a bad idea since it is a minions build.

Some other ideas :

They do the damage the monster did when it was alive.

Sure, sure, but we cannot compute it directly.
It does not exists in D3Planner for example.

1 Like

Again most of the numbers are just estimates, hoping the devs have the data to make the proper calculations.

Imagine trying to fish out specific enemies to revive for an “optimal” run. :joy:

Kinda like PoE :thinking:

i dont really care what are they hate… we payfor the game so would be wise to listen to the community… we would like to see a full pet army build… if they dont like it devs wont play with it simple as that…

Be a lot cooler if they’d just been more honest, like “Hey we noticed this build didn’t play like the other necro builds so we fixed that. Anyway, here’s Bone Spear-it of the Dead #5.”