Rathma Minion Master redux

I think 60s was probably too much but it’s a better solution than destroying Rathma’s emerging unique play in the form of actually being able to use an impactful and visually impressive skill in a fun way.

I honestly laughed when they said they hadn’t anticipated AotD resetting that quickly, because it’s really hard to imagine 17 (let alone 28) minions reducing it by 1s per hit doing anything but deleting that cooldown.

But that wasn’t really a bad thing. It’s okay for AotD to do appreciable damage with this set instead of just being buff maintenance, and it’s okay that it isn’t some carefully judged situational keypress. Rattling around helter-skelter with the bone squad is, imo, perfectly on-brand for a prospective Rathma design.

More importantly, it was f’ckin’ fun. It was certainly better than all the clunky high-CDR speed builds the necro has had until now.

1 Like

I could imagine an icy tornado of bones and when you add flesh to the skill it leaves behind corpses. Decay is a problem tho.

1 Like

Decay provides us with an interesting way to utilize corpses now that Revive is a once-in-a-lifetime cast.

I see so many great ideas and blizz is just ignores them. Thats shameful.

This is exactly the way I want Rathma’s.

It is probably not the best possible option, but imo it’s a better option than those presented in that

• It is a minion build that isn’t mage-centric, which is both necessary and something people want
  • It uses its minions in an impactful way instead of just using them for passive buffs
  • It does not try to shoehorn in any off-brand skills
  • It preserves AotD-based variants that drew a lot of interest to the initial redesign
  • It is not a reskinned version of other builds
  • It does not completely redesign the redesign, preserving most of the interactions but changing their target
  • It is not a “tuning pass” of the awful current state of the set

SO far it’s the only suggestion I’ve seen that checks all these boxes, which are necessary to salvage something interesting out of the builds.

5 runed golems won’t hurt damage after active. The golems respawn almost instantly.

Hmm not a fan of excluding mages. They can code to exclude Singularity rune. I hate the essence dump play style. Having a huge army is key for me and as a true minion set, it should encompass all minions. What would make rathma mage unique from LoD would be permanent duration and lower damage from being non Singularity.

One other thing they need to address is that sometimes revived monsters have issues where they do not attack making them unreliable.

Mages do too much damage even without Singularity to do anything other than take over this build.

Welcome to D3 pet AI I guess. This is the default behavior for every pet-based build without a button to force an attack.

Command Skeletons = 50% and 100% when commanded

Command Golem = 450%

Revive = no clue lol

Non-Singularity mages = 400% initial burst then 200% after (except for archers but they attack slower than other mages)

So there isn’t a huge gap between the minions in terms of damage. If anything they could move Command skeletons damage up a bit and adjust the damage on the set accordingly to bring them all somewhat even. Just a thought

Actually checked because something didn’t sit right and,

Command Skeletons

• Damage: 4
  • DPS: 32

Skeleton Mage

• Damage: 16
  • DPS: 32

Command Golem

• Damage: 37
  • DPS: 24

so assuming you exclude singularity there isn’t really a problem with mages and skeletons actually pull ahead (significantly) with stats (assuming near perma-command with Jesseth).

Yeah command skeletons swing pretty damn fast. Also if revived minions base damage is monster specific, 8 corpses from the flesh golem would have each of them doing 450% damage.

1 Like

I’m content to leave Revive alone in the absence of solid information on their damage calculations and the wild variability in attack range/rate the nature of the skill entails.

Give me a minute to clean this up. Fixed for now.

1 Like

:slight_smile: hope the devs are listening

1 Like

The gamer’s prayer.

I just want people to get their true minion build and still have access to scooting around tolling death knells, both of which can potentially be really fun and need not be mutually exclusive.

1 Like

Yep. Sometime less is more. Having AoTD and Bone Spirit was a mistake on their part. Only thing bone spirit will do is bring LoTD back into the equation and that’s far from achieving a different playstyle they’ve stated.

Rathma should be focused on AoTD and army of minions.

1 Like

Basic Diablo math fail caught by Isend, version reverted.

1 Like