[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds

Yes, downloaded and installed successfully.

My build on windows 10 2004 is 19041.508

You might need to update again.

Today they should be forcing that patch as part of the 2004 build so if you check for updates it should start without it needing to be optional.

Well - seems that patch is now superceeded by:

September 8, 2020—KB4571756 (OS Build 19041.508)

ps: I was having these freezes with 1903, too. 2004 may have made them worse, but hard to say. But any time the game locks for seconds, you die. And the not so funny part is after you can once again click rez, the game will lock up for another 10 to 15 seconds and you get to click rez again, but with an extra penalty delay…

What is weird for me is this was happening on grifts above T100, and almost always only when I was encountering the boss phase (killing that last pack, or engaging the boss). So it seems more like a game server bug than an OS bug. That said: I am not convinced this latest WIN patch is the cure.

1 Like

Nice! The 2020-08 Windows Update fixed the lag problem for me. Come on Microsoft, shame on you. It looks like it was some kind of memory leak or something…

1 Like

That as well as it was defragging drives.

Experienced only one freeze prior to installation of both patches. I’ll see if this works with sound disabled so that I can finally resume listening to other music while gaming.

After first optional patch I ran 10 hours without a freeze I got one. Then none since latest pushed update.

Experienced my first freeze on build 19041.508, with NVIDIA driver version 452.06 installed. Sound was disabled in-game and music was playing on an audio player.

I updated to 19041.508 and made sure I had all updates. I ran D3 again and FPS again dropped to about half of what they were on the 1909 builds I had been running. I went to open my video driver software however and got an error saying there was a mis-matched driver. I had the latest drivers prior to updates. So I went through and re-installed the latest update, and now I think FPS is slightly lower in some conditions, but seems more or less where it was. I didn’t do a full clean driver, but probably should have.

I haven’t ever had full freezes, just noted the FPS drop to about 50% of what it was going from 1909 to 2004. The 19041.508 build gets me almost back up to where it was.

I have not yet tried muting sound or replacing DLL files.

1 Like

I am still getting the freezes with 19041.508. This is a blizz problem not a MS one

1 Like

Was working fine with the first Build patch last week then they pushed another update and I am getting hit with 3x freezes a GR.

It seems like people are having some hit or miss behavior based on the most recent Windows updates. We’re working on the issue with Microsoft, and we expect that it will be fixed in a future build, but we haven’t gotten absolute confirmation that one fixes it yet. Once we get a bit more consistent behavior, we can give you all further instructions, but for now if you read recent posts you’ll find that some people are getting some luck with a more recent update.

1 Like

Having Spotify playing in the background, increasing the problem for me atleast.

No FMOD errors since the latest NVIDIA driver update, released in September.

Instead of 6 seconds of total unresponsiveness, I am now getting intermittent spurts of delay in gameplay, with errors in D3Debug stating “[BGS] |event=rich_presence_failure|”

I’m having similar problem as yours, now.
Up to 10 hours ago, my PC was fine, my D3 gaming was fine. I updated my NVidia driver 2 days ago, and nothing went wrong. The only update happened/installed within the last 12 hours on my PC was the “Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.323.1608.0)”… as part of the automatic updating of my Windows 10 system.
Might that Security Intelligence Update be the source of problem to my D3 gaming, currently?

Opposite effect for me, back to freezing every couple of minutes since I installed the Nvidia driver 456.38

Not sure if this advice is of any use, but I installed 456.38 and selected ‘perform a clean installation’.

I was one of the first that posted this problem…and sadly the ONLY WAY I found to back to “normal” was rolling back to 1909 (did a full/clean install)

So, not even a single crash since I went back to 1909 build, (200+ hrs played)

3 Likes

Still seeing the issue today with:
Windows 10 64-bit version 2004 build 19041.508
nVidia 456.38 (on a 1070ti)
Latest Intel and everything else. (i7-9700k, z390-e)

Everything possible is up to date on my PC.