[Guide] Zodiac Rend (Season 20)

Since I didn’t get my 138 clear credited, I’m going to push to the max. Was messing around with some keys for 140 and came pretty close, missing it by ~ 40 seconds.

I died a few times (3x) at the beginning which threw my game off. I wasn’t sure I should record anymore since I thought the run was a wash. Decided to go for it anyways since it was a Phasebeast battle fields.

First map I couldn’t spawn a condi so I pulled the elites towards the exit hoping to get a good pylon on the next map. Close, but no cigar. This took about 200 keys for this map set to spawn. With some luck, I think 140 is doable. :grin:

7 Likes

My Barb bros & sisters,

I figured out how to incorporate CoE in my style of play. I ran GR 128 and was on para with the timer killing trash alone on a poor map with poor progression mob types. I might have over compensated for the removal of BoM, I’ll have to tweak it a bit for more offense. I might have other 2 or 3 GR with this change before I have to start fishing. I was excited about the improvement which is why I posted. I didn’t finish the GR because I needed to finish packing with the kiddos for a camping trip and the IPA slowed my motor skills just a tad bit. Anyways, here what it looks like.

https://www.d3planner.com/585196657

Cheers!

Well I am officially done pushing until blizzard or Microsoft figure out a fix for this freezing that people are having. I had been having the issues in metas but it wasn’t hurting the team because 150s are facerolls. They would just carry on until I came back. But when I started testing solo 140 thru 142s I can’t have random 10 second freezes multiple times a run. I can’t overpower that level like I did in 138s. So Seras clan rank 1 is yours if you really want it until a fix happens.

Like we discussed in game, I’m not sure what this freeze symptom you’re experiencing is. I just updated my Windows 10 the other day to the latest build, and don’t get any freezing like you. Game runs fine on my end, except when I record. It’s a bit laggy but that’s due to the strain on my system.

That said, I got the world top clear for paragon 3K, going for 4K I need to beat 139 @ 14:40 which seems doable. Top 5K clear is actually easier than the 4K as those guys have only gone up to GR 138. World top for 6K is where it gets challenging at GR 142, 14:38. That’s still a long road away as getting to 6K paragon will take probably over a year for me haha.

I’m testing a small fix in 140s now. No freezing yet.

Yah it didn’t work. Had a great spire with swarm. It locked up real quick. Waste of time for me to even try.

Most likely this…

1 Like

That’s the one. 20 characters.

For me it manifested as a drop to about half FPS going from 1909 to 2004 versions of Windows. The update to 19041.508 seems to have restored most of the performance, but I still dip down more than I did on 1909. I never fully freeze or lock up though, so maybe something similar is happening to you? I only caught it b/c I like to use ctrl+R to look at FPS since I just built this new rig. Even dropped, there’s enough FPS that I don’t really notice an issue with game play like many do, so I’m fortunate there.

Chris, have you tried mucking with any of the sound .dlls that seemed to help others?

I have not messed with any of the files. I’m not savvy like that. Either way they lose sound when they replace the file. Not a huge deal for me as a prefer to farm endless paragon so I can bridge the gap between those 145+ clears. Yes fishing hundreds of keys would likely get me a 140+ clear but then I just need to do it all over again for 142-3 next area. I’m focused on the long run.

2 Likes

You’re probably be better off dropping Crimsons and running BoM.

1 Like

WIthout a doubt this is doable for you. Another 400-800 keys and 140 is yours.

Perseverance is what it boils down to at this stage… the highest clears go to those willing to put in the work and endure the pain. You got this bro!

Hey, y’all. Sorry to hear about the bugs and lockups. Hope that resolves soon. Good luck on your pushes, friends. I’ll keep you in my thoughts.

Under any other circumstance I would agree with you, but… The objective of this play style is to be able to take advantage of the entire duration of the Oculus ring, to do that you must be able tank and sit in that pocket, and pull enemies toward you using GS. And now being able to have a Phy cycle of CoE within the Oculus, we’ll, that requires no explanation. I’m just now developing a play pattern where I cast GS to create the first cluster of density and thereafter only cast GS within the Oculus ring. This seems to be lessening the impact of Hard Crowd Control Resistance which is allowing Elites to be pulled more often than usual towards me so that they take the full brunt of the Oc & CoE combo. I made a few adjustments to gear over the D3planner that I posted so that I’m offense in this play style.

What I can do while I wait is continue to drop time off my 115 speeds. Love my speeds more then anything.
Old times are

New times as of today
Best:2:49
Average:3:34
Worst:4:21

1 Like

The build does that no matter what. You’ll get far better returns by dropping Crimson.

I have played with the Core setup and I personally would not be able to achieve a 128 clear with it for these reasons: I lack the skill to use RF and the desire to cultivate that skill. If I return to playing Core, I would literally lose 4-5 GR and I’d have no one to blame but me. The setup I use allows me to get away with not using RF, which in turn has allowed me to advance as high as I have. Celebrate with me the versatility that WW/Rend brings to our community. Diversity in play style is a good thing. Let’s encourage each other as Barb bro.

Shalom

I used to hate RF like you, but then I plateaued quickly without it so I had to force myself to practice with it and eventually got to the point where it became indispensable.

Having said that, there’s no right or wrong here, All good as long as you’re having fun and enjoying your barb. No point in doing something you don’t enjoy (unless you’re getting paid for it).

2 Likes

The moment I started to like spear and stopped being stubborn.

The moment I fell in love with spear because I attained a top 200 world clear.

No one should ever tell you how to have fun but we will continue to tell people how to achieve the highest possible rift. Free was on my case for 6 months and I finally made the change to core/spear. Now this is more fun because I can taste all those 7k+ barbs getting nervous. Barbs in NOVO clan are coming for you!!!

2 Likes

I too had been riding the stubborn train except in my case it wasn’t with spear, it was continuing to use the 5 Wastes / 2 Captain Crimson variant. Using that I’d max’d out at GR125. I finally gave in one day with a thought of “How different can it actually be?” and within 48 hours I’d cleared a GR129. In current era, that was around rank 400 EU but would have been top 200 US.

Not had much time since the GR129 but I’ll keep trying for the GR130 soon.

1 Like

Can’t fault you for that. I’m going to start copying and pasting my response, I feel like a broken record :laughing:. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m a horrible player, even at my concoction of a play style. And I’ll always wonder how high a savvy player, with the right RNG could push this style of play.

1 Like