Stuttering while on my DH

Over a week ago, when I was playing D3, I exited the game to install the update from NVIDIA and upon updating and re-starting to play D3, after the update, for some reason, a stuttering effect start when I joined games with multiple players that are in one area, such as Greater Rifts; this has never happened before while playing this game and this only happens in Diablo 3, none of my other games, including Overwatch. The update did mess with my Overwatch settings, seemed to reset them, but that was easily fixed. Ion Diablo when I play multiple player games and other players are not in the same area like Bounties, etc, the game is fine, it only happens when killing in same area with multiple players around. Diablo 3 has, until this point, worked perfectly fine with no issue’s even in 4 man groups, up till Geforce Game Ready Driver 456.38. By Stutter Effect I mean, i go forward a bit then snap back, a few frames, almost like quick lag spike(rubber banding but not caused by latency), but its over and over and over again and this has never been like this before this update. I will move around and it stutters for a second then works again, then stutters, then i can go, then stutters. This happens constantly is starting to make this game unplayable.

At first I thought it was the AOE lag from AOE bonus stats on gear that some YouTubes talk about, that I have never experienced, however even when I put my speed farming gear on, with no AOE bonus gear, it still lags just as bad. I then read that in the past this had happened to some players in 100+ Greater Rifts. I tried multiple low level Greater Rifts and the stutter still happens. Side note, I have been running lower Greater Rifts for my clannies/players for over a month now with no issue, in the same speed gear.(lucked out and got speed gear fairly quickly) I have spent the past few days trying any sort of troubleshooting recommendation from the forum guides and none of it works.(see below) I had been on my Demon Hunter for days and I finally got frustrated the other night and logged into my Monk to see if it would actually still be playable. To my utter confusion, there was no latency stutter, at all… even in AOE build. I then ran through the rest of my characters and not one of them have this latency/stutter weird issue. I figured maybe they were not moving fast enough to see it, so I made a speed build for my Barb and still nothing. Side note, with my Demon Hunter, I do not even have to be moving fast for the stutter to happen, was just a theory. All these characters have max points in area damage bonus. Then, I wondered if it was a corrupted character file somewhere (server/local) thus I created a new DH and used all my back up gear and boom, the stutter was still happening on that DH. Tried with random gear and same. This only happens on DH’s, no other characters… very odd. A clan member told me about an old issue with too much attack speed, but I have no extra bonus attack speed on my DH.

Specs:

Core I7-9700k, gigabyte z390 elite mobo , SSD-0 samsung evo, SSD-1 Crucial MX 1000, Geforce 2060, (can handle the game easily)

Ive done the following:

-Uninstalled and reinstalled D3 (multiple times), run the repair tool multiple times.
-I have uninstalled video card drivers multiple times and have also run DDU to completely remove old drivers and new ones and started from scratch. Now, even with the old drivers from 8/17/2020 the stuttering is now happening with these older drivers that, up till last week, worked perfectly fine. Starting to think, might not be the drivers but some sort of update/bug/setting.

-I have done the recommend changes to D3 prefs and I have even straight out deleted D3 prefs.
-I have played on lowest setting, highest setting and settings in between, Anti-aliasing on/off. Max foreground on/off, basically all settings either turned up/down or on/off.

-I have changed NVIDIA setting to max power performance and turn vsync on/off, have clamped LOD Bias setting and set Physics X to GPU. All recommended.

-Turned system power consumption to max.
-I have ran CPUID HWmonitor and let the program run while playing with no overheating(max temp was 58 degrees on core 0 and that is the highest of them all), video card max temp was 71 degrees. SSD 0 max temp 34 degrees, SSD 1 (gaming SSD max temp 41, and where the game is located)

-I have run winMTR for 20 minutes on multiple occasions and 0 dropped packets except for no responses on hops after reaching servers, which I am assuming is by design.

-I have done everything in the Diablo III Latency Problems guide. Not the Modem drivers because they are ISP locked.
-I have made sure the case is clear and clean and no blockages, all fans work.
-I have rebooted router and modem, I have had network cables plugged into router and then directly into modem with no router in-between. I have used different Network cables and different router ports to make sure not bad port on either modem or router. Router has be power-cycled manually and from the control software.
-I have the latest BIOs and Chipset drivers installed. Direct x is up to date and no error messages. I have even run the game in a clean boot, no services other then required Microsoft.

I am at a loss on how this just started out of the blue a week ago and only on my DH, and nothing seems to fix it. Would send this to support but apparently there isn’t any.

I also tried 32bit client, same issue

Thanks

This should probably be in the Technical Support forum. If you edit your post (the little blue pencil icon below right of your post) there’s a drop-down list of forums you can move your post to. When you click Save it’ll move your opening post, and all replies, to that forum. Anyway, with that in mind, have you recently updated your Windows 10 version?

Yes, have updated to 2004. Its a toss up what this is a bug or tech issue. Could be one or the other, really. I am figuring its more of a bug that started last week, thats why post is here.

There was a posting from one of the customer support people that said that with 2004 build that there is a bug. They never mention about anything not being on win 10 2004 installation and it also happening. Another reason why its in here. Because this happened even before, I updated to 2004, in fact i just updated to 2004 as a last kick at the can, so to speak, and still same. So whatever was changed internally last week, has affect more then just Windows 2004.

Hard to tell where is the bug. Microsoft has released an update which fixed many bugs. Some players said that fixed their problems but some other players said the problem still persists. The known bug list of 2004 was very long. I think more bugs are still pending.

Support said that they were working with Microsoft on the problem:

So, you better follow the Main Thread for more updates on this matter.

Moving this back to Bugs, where I originally had it posted. Per Blizz Rohaagdro .