Why does the Blizz Tracker not find some blue posts?

As an example, go to the US Technical Support forum…

At the top of that forum, click the Blizz Tracker link, which takes you to…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/g/blizzard-tracker/activity/posts?category_id=25

This will return no posts and shows the message…

There are no posts by members of this group.

However, a quick look at the forum itself shows that there are four stickied Blizzard posts and three of the top eight threads have Blizzard responses in them…

So, why are some Blizzard posts not being found by the Blizz Tracker? It’s frustrating to locate official posts I know exist about technical issues but that don’t show up in the tracker at all.

1 Like

Maybe b/c blue tracker tracks Community Managers etc and not customer support people?

1 Like

I did see the forums were shut down temporarily and went to read only, was hoping it was because of the mega backlash of negative feedback on the uselessness of the devs and staff.
Community managers aside, they aren’t the problem. I feel bad for com managers since they are literally the messengers we shoot instead of the devs and staff.

Yes, technical support posts aren’t tracked.

An easy fix without forum updates would be someone to contact the blues under technical support so that they make their profiles public and one can follow their activity. You’d still won’t be able to have all the posts at one place though.

1 Like

It’s not the only fault with tracking Blizzard posts.
For example, if you go into this thread in Technical Support…

At the bottom right of the scroll bar, there’s a “Blizz -->” button, which should take you to the next Blizzard post in the thread. Okay, so keep clicking on that and you’ll arrive at this post in the thread…

At that point, the “Blizz -->” button greys out, as if there are no more Blizzard responses after that one in July 2020. However, further into the thread we have…

None of those four posts are found using the “Blizz -->” button, despite them having been made by the same Blizzard posters whose earlier responses in the thread are found using those navigation buttons.

If you scroll to the very last post in the thread and use the “Blizz <–” button to go back to the previous Blizzard post, it takes you back to the post from July 2020, completely bypassing the four I just quoted.

There’s something wrong with the tracking.

This would be a forum software bug.

As for the rest, Blizz posters can select to have a post tracked or not - or used to be able to anyway. CS/TS posts are normally not tracked and not all CM posts are either, esp if they are fluff/general chat.