🏹 DH Balance Proposal - Come Look

Greetings,

To help improve Demon Hunter class balance, I am proposing a list of updates to our sets and legendary items. Some suggestions are simple number adjustments, while others infuse mechanical features based on functionality that already exists on other class items.

I took a top-down approach for number recommendations, accounting for the percent change of DIBS versus legendary effects, I ran multiple tests and pushed junk builds to figure out the expected maximum clears and what kind of values are needed to bring these underused builds to match the power of mainstream builds.

Furthermore, this list has undergone several edits. It has been shared with my clan, TPA, debated over Twitch streams and revised numerous times.

It’s now time for the community to have a crack at it. If you’d like to see these changes in-game – give this post some love – and maybe the developers will bring these ideas into an upcoming PTR.

Feedback and questions are welcome, share your likes and concerns below.

Top Performing / Functional Skills

• Rapid Fire
  • Impale
  • Multishot
  • Cluster Arrow

Current Builds @ ~5k Paragon Top-End Clears

• N6 Rapid Fire GR131 @ 4606p
  • LoD Rapid Fire GR132 @ 3847p
  • UE6 Multishot GR128 @ 4799p
  • M6 Cluster Bombs GR128 @5009p
  • S6 Impale GR128 @ 5365p
  • N6M4 Cluster Arrow GR125 @ 6033p <-- can go higher with less paragon

Target GR for these same clears is GR136

• N6 Rapid Fire +2 (+3 CoE adjustment for high paragon players)
  • LoD Rapid Fire +4
  • UE6 Multishot +8
  • M6 Cluster Bombs +8
  • S6 Impale +8
  • N6M4 Cluster Arrow +9 (adjusted for balance)

Expect 4-6 additional GRs for 10k+ paragon players. These clears typically require 300+ keys.

Class Issues

• Most builds are item locked because 3+ defensive items are required to survive. Skip an offensive legendary item for survival and the power gap widens.
  • DH defensive items are bland and offer little to no utility.
  • The class lacks interesting offensive legendary effects, many are plain flat damage.
  • Many builds need better survival, especially when the player is under 5000 paragon.

Repair Approach
Boost some set modifiers without making the numbers too obscene. Edit DH class items so they serve multiple purposes. These item edits will cumulatively increase the defense and power of most DH builds.

Set Analysis

• Unhallowed Essence this set is simple, supports many skills, but is only effective for Multishot. This set did work wonderfully with grenades in the past, and it’s a shame they didn’t get supported. Overly reliant on Captain Crimson, but the synergy is welcomed.
  • Embodiment of the Marauder is in poor shape. Zoey’s Secret + Cloak of the Garwulf is outdone by Captain Crimson. Gearing an M6 build is too similar to UE6. Companions serve little purpose and sentries damage only matters in the hybrid N6M4.
  • Natalya’s Vengeance This set is centered around Rain of Vengeance, but Rain of Vengeance damage is insignificant. Rapid Fire damage is fine, but these other skills need tuning: Strafe and Fan of Knives.
  • Shadow’s Mantle Only competitive for one skill: Impale. It should work with Chakram and Fan of Knives as their supporting legendaries are melee weapons. The S2 6000% set bonus is too low for Chakram and Fan of Knives.

The Solutions

Set Upgrades

Unhallowed Essence
(6) Set:
Your generators, Multishot, and Vengeance deal 350% 575% increased damage for every point of Discipline you have.

Embodiment of the Marauder
(2) Set:
Companion calls all companions to your side. Your damage is increased by 50% while Companion - Wolf is active.

Natalya’s Vengeance
(4) Set:
Rain of Vengeance deals 100% 1000% increased damage.

The Shadow’s Mantle
(2) Set:
While equipped with a melee weapon, your damage is increased by 6000% 17500%.

Defensive Legendary Upgrades

Zoey’s Secret
You take 9.0% less damage You take 10.0% less damage and deal 10.0% more damage for every Companion you have active.

Wraps of Clarity
Your Hatred Generators reduce your damage taken by 50% 75% for 5 seconds. Each enemy hit by your generators increases your damage by 10% for 5 seconds up a maximum of 50%.

Elusive Ring
After casting Shadow Power, Smoke Screen, or Vault, take 60% 80% reduced damage and gain 50% attack speed for 8 seconds. Attack speed is reduced by 5% each second for the duration of the buff.

Fortress Ballista
Attacks grant you an absorb shield and armor bonus for 3.0% of your maximum Life. Stacks up to 10 times.

Elemental Arrow

Augustine’s Panacea
Elemental Arrow gains an effect based on the rune:

• Ball Lightning damage increased by 600% and now travels at 30% speed.
  • Frost Arrow damage increased by 1200% and Chilled duration increased by 200%.
  • Immolation Arrow ground damage over time increased by 200% 1800%.
  • Lightning Bolts damage increased by 1500% and Stun duration increased by 200%.
  • Nether Tentacles damage increased by 1800% and healing amount increased by 200%.

Kridershot
Elemental arrow now generates 4 Hatred. Increases the damage of Elemental Arrow by 600% to enemies that are Chilled, Frozen, Immobilized, or Stunned.

Chakram

Spines of Seething Hatred
Chakram now generates 4 Hatred. Each enemy hit by your Chakram increases your maximum Hatred by 5% for 5 seconds.

Sword of Ill Will
Chakram deals 1.4% 5.0% increased damage for every point of Hatred you have.

Fan of Knives

Lord Greenstone’s Fan
Every second, gain 400% 1600% increased damage for your next Fan of Knives. Stacks up to 30 15 times.

Strafe

Valla’s Bequest
Strafe projectiles pierce and deals 450% more damage.

K’mar Tenclip
Strafe gains the effect of the Drifting Shadow rune and deals 450% more damage.

Rain of Vengeance

Crashing Rain
Rain of Vengeance also summons a crashing beast that deals 4000% 12000% weapon damage to enemies within 15 yards.

Primary Skills / Generators

Hunter’s Wrath
Your primary skills attack 30% faster and deal 60% 600% increased damage.

Leonine Bow of Hashir
Bolas have a 20% chance on explosion to pull in all enemies within 24 yards and deal 400% more damage**.

The Ninth Cirri Satchel
Hungering Arrow has 25% additional chance to pierce, each pierce increases its damage by 200%.

Odyssey’s End
Enemies snared by your Entangling Shot take 25% increased damage from all sources. Entangling Shot deals 25% more damage for each enemy snared within 50 yards.

Rapid Fire

Wojhanni Assaulter
Rapid Fire increasingly deals multiplicative 100% increased damage while channeling. Stacks up to 30 times.

Misc.

Blackfeather
Dodging or getting hit by a ranged attack automatically shoots a homing rocket back at the attacker for 800% weapon damage as Physical. Increases rocket damage by 100%. Reduces damage from ranged attacks by 30%.

The Cloak of the Garwulf
Companion - Wolf Companion now summons 3 wolves and doubles the effectiveness of Wolf and Boar companions.

Calamity
Automatically cast Marked for Death when you damage an enemy. Automatically apply Marked for Death - Contagion when you hit an enemy. Doubles the effectiveness of Marked for Death.

Buriza-Do Kyanon
Allow re-roll to 12 Max Discipline on secondary affix

Passives Abilities

Custom Engineering
Increase the duration of your Caltrops, Marked for Death, Spike Trap, and Sentry by 100%.

Increase the maximum number and charges of Sentries to 3 and number of Spike Traps to 5.

Reduce the cooldown of Sentry and Spikes Trap by 50%.

Ambush
You deal 40% additional damage to enemies above 75% 60% health.

Archery
Gain a bonus based on your weapon type:

• Bow: 8% 18% multiplicative damage
  • Crossbow: 50% 100% Critical Hit Damage
  • Hand Crossbow: 5% Critical Hit Chance 2 Hatred and Discipline per Second
  • 2nd Hand Crossbow: 1 Hatred per Second 10% Critical Hit Chance

Perfectionist
Gain an absorb shield equal to 30% of your maximum life when there are no enemies within 20 yards. This bonus is granted once every 4 seconds.

Brooding
Gain 3.0% 8.0% Life regeneration and Cooldown reduction per second for every second you remain stationary, stacking up to 3 times. This bonus is reset 5 seconds after you move.

Night Stalker
Your primary skills generate an additional 4 Hatred and attack 25% faster.

Sharpshooter
Gain 4% Critical Hit Chance every second. This bonus is reset 1 second after you successfully critically hit.

Enemies more than 30 yards away take 12% more damage.

Set / Skill Goals

SET/SKILL UE6 M6 N6 S6 N6M4 S2M2 LOD/LON NEW
Primary Skills X
Impale X
Rapid Fire X X
Chakram X X X
Elemental Arrow X X X
Caltrops X
Vault X
Fan of Knives X X X
Spike Trap X X
Sentry X
Vengeance X X
Strafe X X
Multishot X X X
Cluster Arrow X X
RoV X X

Estimated Power Creep

Build Current/Estimated High Power Gain GR Gain Estimated High
UE6 MS (Fire) 127 4.13 9 136
M6 MS (Phys) 127 3.57 8 135
M6 CA (Bombs) 128 3.57 8 136
M6 CA (Cold) 119 5.53 10 129
N6M4 CA (Cold) 127 3.95 8 135
N6 Rapid Fire 132 1.45 2 134
LoD Rapid Fire 131 1.81 4 135
S6 Impale 128 3.61 8 136
S2M2 FoK 115 24.78 20 136
S2M2 Chakram/FoK 105 97.34 29 134
N6M4 Chakram 120 14.34 17 137
UE6 Chakram 107 44.28 24 131
M6 Chakram 107 38.57 23 130
N6M4 EA 120 15.14 17 137
UE6 EA 107 76.26 27 134
M6 EA 107 66.43 26 133
UE6 Grenades 120 10.75 14 134
UE6 Bolas (volatile) 105 64.50 24 129
UE6 E.Shot (shock) 100 118.25 30 130
UE6 H. Arrow (Dev) 102 75.25 27 129
N6 Strafe / RoV 112 24.58 20 132

Notes About Skills

Chakram
Works like Blessed Shield w/ Akkhan’s Leniency, 5 second duration on stack count. Synergizes with Blood Vengeance and increasing the max hatred pool.

Elemental Arrow
Works like Blessed Hammer/Heaven’s Fury – applying CC effects amplifies damage. Augustine’s bonus is lower for runes that have built in CC effects. Immolation Arrow, which interacts with Buriza, appears to be incompatible with N6M4, so it gets a stronger bonus.

Impale
Tankier and stronger, may become a slightly better RGK with Elusive Ring’s attack speed bonus.

Multishot
Rockets are now 1.68x stronger from Blackfeather. Single target should improve dramatically.

Devouring Arrow
Ninth Cirri Satchel now behaves like the Devouring Arrow rune on Hungering Arrow, pierces are additive 200% -> 400% -> 600% -> etc. With Buriza we start off at 400%. This skill is intended to be mixed with other generators.

Entangling Shot
Damage scales with density, also intended to be used with Buriza.

Fan of Knives
Speeds up the game play by reaching max power within 15 seconds. Essentially a 4x boost in total.

M2 Set Bonus
Using Companion will improve player damage (not Sentry) by 50%. This details stops N6M4 from becoming over powered. Supports M6 and S2M2 hybrid builds and favors the inclusion of CDR to guarantee the full 50% damage bonus, which will inadvertently make deploying sentries quicker.

Perfectionist Passive
This is for improving Squirts uptime.

123 Likes

I would give this infinity likes if I was able.

11 Likes

I wish the grenadier strafe build was buffed, it’s so much fun. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent write up dmkt. Thanks for the time, and especially for the effort.

7 Likes

Nice post, I would like to add some discussion points, too.

Can we do something about the gameplay of the the sentry builds? They are very tedious and annoying. There should be a way to remove the cooldown entirely and possibly the hatred cost. Or give us 10 charges, I don’t care. There is too much standing around unless you are doing 10+ minute GRs (which are too long imo, they should change the max time to 8-10 minutes).

I also think the constant casting of RoV for N6 bonus is a terrible way to play. Maybe move the damage bonus to vengeance instead? Or have the RoV automatically cast when using hatred spenders with Natalyas weapon? It would be nice if there were settings in the game for these kinds of bonuses, something that stops people from needing to num-lock things or use macros.

I think just adding a damage for range thing is already done on zeis, so maybe sharpshooter can increase damage per each enemy hit. First enemy takes 1.0x, 2nd takes 1.4x, 3rd takes 1.8x, etc. Or do an area damage explosion on critical hits, or on kills. It would be fun if we had a skill that gave us some of that S19 feeling when you hit a killstreak.

For archery, how about adding the 2nd hand crossbow does 50% faster attack speed or something? I was going to go with autocast of mark for death, but that skill has never been that good and would probably lag everything. Maybe the 2nd hand crossbow can add 100% area damage? Or the second hand crossbow adds permanent shadow power - shadow glide (or gloom)? I just think it should be a real strong passive for you to have to give up a quiver.

Also, why don’t we change UE to do damage based on max discipline pool? While endgame it doesn’t make much of a difference, it would be useful in the gear ramp up early season.

In the Marauder 2 set, give bonuses for each specific pet. +50% resistances for boar, +15 pur for ferret (or move speed over cap), 10 hatred regen for bat, and Thrill of the Hunt passive effect for unruned.

Elemental arrow should have the width of the arrows increased. Those frost arrows and fire arrows have way to low aoe.

3 Likes

The way you have it now, you will be taking 90% MORE damage. Is that intentional or did you mean for the damage to also be reduced by 10% for every Companion?

Also you mention wanting some skills to work with Buriza, can you add a suggestion to either fold the freeze on hit into the legendary affix, or give us an extra secondary affix so we can roll discpline on the thing?

1 Like

It is buffed via Vallas, Kmar an N4. I played this solo and had no problem clearing GR107 with Aughild and CC3. I used CoE and FoT too. The configuration may have to be different because I couldn’t imagine surviving 130+ without some extra defense. Picking Wraps and Elusive ring together would help a build like this, as those items would give offense too.

1 Like

Nice write up dmkt.

Would love to see some awesome buffs for DH, they are long overdue.

3 Likes

I see your point about the wording. I will reword it. For anyone who is confused about this item…

Currently Zoey’s Secret gives:

• 63% DR with only the M2+Zoeys
  • 81% DR with M2+Zoeys+Garwulf

It takes takes 4 of 13 item slots to gain 81% DR.

I’m suggesting:

70% DR and Damage gain with M2+Zoeys
90% DR and Damage gain with M2+Zoeys+Garwulf

Keep in mind, these items are targeted at Marauders, which does not get a set DR bonus. Some classes are awarded 80% in a single item. This 90% DR suggestion is like wearing an 80% DR item and 50% DR item together.

2 Likes

Ahh, Aughilds… Forgot about that set. I guess it’s been a while since I ran the strafe grenadier build, which was before Aughilds got a bump. I will give that a try next time. Thanks!

Franklin – first i want to say you’ve raised some excellent points:

I addressed the slow Sentry Ramp up with Custom Engineering:

Reduce the cooldown of Sentry and Spikes Trap by 50%.

Also, by adding some damage to the M2 bonus which can approach 100% uptime, it gives incentive to include CDR into Marauder builds.

I agree, when i was demoing Strafe/RoV, i didn’t know which skill was doing more damage… but the Strafe xbows would get a damage bonus substantially greater than RoV – so you’d probably only tap RoV once on the correct element cycle since Strafe’s damage share is larger. RoV damage was more focused and could be aimed.

Yes, i like supporting ranged builds, but I didn’t want to go overboard making any passive do more than 20% damage, otherwise it’s an instant ‘Yes’.

I would have agreed to this prior to Captain Crimson! Now that disc management is no longer a pain with Yangs/CC3. I would argue for the Preparation skill to always have +20 max discipline so the rune choices matter more and you could pick 75 hatred or 45 disc over time. (Iria’s suggestion).

I used Cloak of the Garwulf to give this benefit (40% all resist and 30% Wolf Damage. ), just like H90 2pc.

Yes it’s pretty slim and feels totally different than MS – but the buffs should make it a hard hitter and may differentiate it from MS. I think UE6 players might take Immolation Arrown rune with Buriza and N6M4 players would go for Frost Arrow. Slowball seems neutral, but i could see it being a 4 player trash clearer if it doesn’t lag the game out.

1 Like

superb post dmkt!!! Loving it!!!

Blizzard needs to hear us DH players and implement these changes for the new patch along with our new set.

My only concern is that the suggested changes don’t do anything to address DH getting into the group meta. impale will not be a RGK even with these changes. UE MS will likely not be a trash killer in group meta either. If we can get 2 builds into the group meta, on top of these suggestions, I’d be over the moon and praising Blizzard to the cows come home. I personally think (and some may call this bias, so be it) that UE MS and impale s6 are the best options to get into the group meta - UE MS is easy to play, and will let more players choose it for group play and be able to push, thus enjoying the benefits of group play which currently elude us. impale makes best sense as RGK given its a single target elite hunter.

UE MS would be hard to boost as a trash killer for group without it being overpowered for solo play. I’m not sure how to best deal with this. Perhaps a buff to the set piece, something along the lines of “when in a group, gain X % dmg buff”. For impale, perhaps something along the lines of extra daggers in group play on the hps quiver…adding elite dmg to the set will result in the build being OP in solo play.

The other thing is many other sets are hitting gr140 at p5000…shouldn’t we be aiming for that and NOT GR136???

1 Like

Hello DP, thanks for the support.

Prior to last patch, I had suggested setting the bar low. I asked for 2x damage to make GR130 @ 5k shortly after Nev posted about Development Approach and GR balance. This was a mistake made out of desperation.

While there was always ‘wiggle room’ for higher max clears due to player skill and other RNG factors, asking for GR130 @ 5K is like saying I’d be okay with a 133GR max clear – which is NOT okay. GR133 already feels like C-Tier stuff, so I pushed the sweet spot to 8-9 GRs for mainstream builds.

It was easy to forecast the power creep for today’s builds. We … feel … their ceilings, they are accessible and we can play them without digging through our stash/mules. We have tons of data points on multiple leaderboards, etc, but I don’t think we’d see shattering meta opportunities from them, just balance, survival and improved quality of life.

The off-meta builds are more likely become a dark horse for meta play – and the other wildcard is our upcoming set.

I didn’t want to put down a request for a 140GR+ solo – i feel like that happens by itself with bad math or shortsightedness. There ARE pitfalls in this proposal if the devs do not account for obvious things like: N6M4 or M6 Chakram incrementing Spines of Seething Hatred counter on Sentry hits would make these builds insanely strong. (hopefully they catch that). We’ve asked for more defense, which should give us more damage, more oculus ring time, etc. There are some passives that may move the needle too, so GR137-138 is possible.

Lastly, if some builds are too flagrant they might get nerfed, or worse, they stay and nobody will play the rest. IMHO it’d be much cooler to see 15+ DH builds competing for GR140-145s on the solo board, the option to take Impale to group GR150 and kill the guardian in 2:15, maybe even do similar with Hungering Arrow, some challenging GR150 group clears with DH as trash killer – pick your flavor, cluster bombs, razor disk, slow ball, rapid fire, etc.

1 Like

I just want my Caltrops: Jagged Spikes to get its proc coeffecient back up to 1.00. It’s currently at 0.00 and can’t proc LoH. This was done to stop the DH life leech builds from being so dominant in D3v. Life leech is gone. LoH can’t get anywhere near the effectiveness of life leech. The proc coefficient needs to return, as do builds featuring Caltrops.

:frowning:

4 Likes

yeah but it’s happening already with other builds for other character classes…so if it’s good for them, it’s good for us is my viewpoint. Of course, a better solution is to nerf those other OP builds back down to “reasonable” levels…that’s why I reckon going for GR140 is better.

A GR136 at say, p5000 sounds nice, but I’ll never achieve that in seasons, and it’ll be a VERY long time before I’d ever get their on NS. With my current NS character (p2700) I’d be lucky to probably get a GR130…a 7 GR improvement over my current level. Still better than a kick up the bum! It’ll have less benefit to me though in seasons, as a solo player, probably 3-4 GRs…

That’s the issue with setting build limits at such high paragon unfortunately - only a small percentage of players will even make full use of these upgrades and typically, solo players will be screwed over the most…

Clearly a lot of work in this and I hope it does not go on def ears.

My personal opinions, I would prefer to see the defensive items stay defensive rather than add these offensive options to them. The premise behind that is through time, this was a major component to locking items. As class balance continues to improve, it opens the window for a few more flavor choices, and I am afraid this would prevent that.

Yes, this means that we need to see some pretty drastic increases to the sets and offensive legendary items to compensate, but that is the process that has been done with other sets and we should at this point continue that trend.

1 Like

Hey DMonger, you recognize the big picture here. Upping the sets is certainly going down the beaten path, not that any path is necessarily right or wrong, it is the end result matters most.

Most of us were pleasantly surprised when Captain Crimson and Aughild’s sets came out. They solved so many problems. so I took inspiration from those dual purpose set items because the DH class can benefit from that sort of thing.

Here are some interesting gear comparisons to consider:

Rings

• Convention of Elements = 50%+
  • Focus or Restraint = 50%
  • Compass Rose = 41%
  • Stone of Jordan = 40%
  • Elusive Ring = ~25% (least damage)

Bracers

• Wraps of Clarity = 50% (over powered and BIS, but was already BIS in most builds)
  • Aughild’s = ~23% (3 items)
  • Strongarms = ~20.6%

Belts

• Hellcat Waistguard = ~300-400% (grenade exclusive)
  • Crimson Belt = ~16-20% (3 items)
  • Witching Hour = ~18%
  • Zoey’s Secret = 23% (3 items) or 22.5% (4 items, balanced with CC3, but no CDR/RCR benefits)

Wraps of Clarity is a bit over tuned compared to its alternatives, but it doesn’t cause much conflict because it’s primarily used for defense, and it doesn’t become best in slot for builds that don’t use generators. It breaks RF too, which is a good thing because we have to keep those build in check!

S6 Impale

• Wraps + CC3 + RoRG in cube (2.25x but displaces impale attacks, probably 2.02x)
  • Aughild + Witching Hour + RoRG in cube (1.99x vs elite)
  • Wraps + Witching Hour + Elusive in Cube = (2.21x, probably 1.99x)
  • Wraps in Cube + Elusive in Cube + Witching Hour + Strongarms (2.6x, probably 2.21x – 2 grenades and 1 vault displacing impale attacks, clunkiest one for 1 extra GR)

When we planned Wraps of Clarity, we wanted it based on the number of projectiles thrown that connect with a target, ie. Bolas = 1 stack, Grenade cache = 3 stacks, Evasive Fire = 3 stacks, etc. (so 2 casts of Grenade Cache to get to max stacks, which would balance this out due to fewer Impales).

N6 Strafe Example
While testing N6 Strafe, I found myself faced with choices surrounding Wraps of Clarity:

Aughild/CC3/FoT vs Wraps of Clarity/Mantle of Channeling/F&R. If I wanted to use F&R w/ CoE cubed, I had to pick Wraps+MoC, otherwise it was Aughild + CC3. There could be another option using Zoey’s+M2. So in the case of N6, these defense w/ offense options improved build diversity.

S2M2 Becomes a Real Thing
Zoey’s offense opens up some other gearing opportunities: S2M2 builds, which become potent with Garwulf in the mix. Compare these builds for standalone Chakram:

• UE6/CC3 @ 50% CDR: 1189.2x (8 items)
  • M6/Zoeys/CC3 no Rucksack @50% CDR: 1288.77x (8 items)
  • S2/M2+Zoeys+Garwulf/Aughild3/CC3@50: 847.7x (10 items)

The toughness is supreme on this one, and needed for those melee skills.

Like you said, we’re either:

1. Cranking up set bonuses to uglier levels
  2. Cranking up and legendary weapons bonuses
  3. Cranking up legendary effects on random armor/jewelry
  4. Cranking up the skill damage
  5. Radically changing mechanics

I tried for a little of everything because the discovery, optimization and seeing different item configs is going to make the game feel fresh for everyone. I think players might feel sad signing on and clearing 8-9 GRs higher with the same stuff.

4 Likes

I want UE to support more than Multishot skill too.

Agreed. Set should support more than 1 skill if possible.

2 Likes

About time you posted this lol. It’s been like what, a week since we’ve discussed this a bit on stream?

Nice work and well written. Hoping this continues to get supported by the community.

Why on earth you want to buff already top performing builds? Why it bothers you that top performing builds have a few GR difference between them? Some require more motor skills than others so they’ve been balanced to do so. They can get buffs, no worries but I believe at some point they’ll get nerfed again once developers realized some builds take way less effort than the others.

If you’d like buffs at those, ask for active skills to change for the better. This happens with giving burden to the very specific passives that are already used by the class and other active abilities for creating space for alternative approaches. Not every passive have to be top notch of their class to fit in for every profession, that would take away the uniqueness of the subspec.
Steady, Cull and Thrill currently in this borderline state already but they can be replaced because they’re limited in numbers.

I liked the motive behind all this, I didn’t like the absurd passive changes and disruption of design. Priorities shouldn’t be top builds from the start to begin with there are other unrevealed specs that may take way more effort and more fun than what we have currently.

Strongarm Bracers and knockback have to have place in the build. Currently it’s nigh impossible to squeeze in Dawn and knockback properly in the build. Knockback also apply a short duration slow to my knowledge, so I guess everyone can agree that it feeds both Zei and your most picked passives.

May be Zodiac can be re-worked with inner cooldown but Krider makes EA a generator, not spender. As of removed cube limits you can squeeze in a Dawn with Krider, and still wield Windforce and Strongarm but the effective health will suffer.

S2M2 can be treated like a LoD/N build with a damage proc legendary with Zoey cubed. And thorns bonuses added to the equation for a dynamic thorns-rocket based build with Blackfeather even as an alternative. We may need a tweak on quiver like Seething Hatred or a shield. Build can be a jack of all trades or another build can be created, if you are willing to get past the “I only deal damage with my main skill” idealization.

S2 gives you overall damage increase buff but compared to its low performance, Natalya is doing just fine with Chakram. Buffing the legendary items asking Nat-Chak to get boosted beyond others. Before that I think we should focus on buffing the low denominators for a change, so we don’t disrupt the class design or bloat damage out of proportions.

1 Like