Patch 2.6.9 PTR Notes -- DH buffs?

Am not sure how new hungering arrow will work, but back in the days (when we had 4 difficulties) I was running a Hungering Arrow Teeth spray (or w/e the rune was called) and I remember it could pierce enemies multiple times (like champs / elites) based on the chance to pierce. Now that is guaranteed, I have no idea how it will translate into practice.

Me too… Some day…

1 Like

This is very true, people forget how the DIBS category becomes with H90 Falter, Strongarms and everything else. 150% is worth much less.

Probably worth 66.66% in 4-man, but much more in 2-man group compositions.

First thing I’m going to try will be impale swapping out the following:

Old HPS for new HPS (obvs)
Dawn for Odyssey End
Rings for FnR, cubing elusive
Bracers to wraps of clarity

1 Like

You won’t be able to use Odyssey’s End with the Impale build, because Entangling Shot does not work with a melee weapon

2 Likes

I would love to also elaborate why I think Impale buff is not enough.

I am struggling to figure out what was their intent with it.

Current max solo with it is 132 @ 9K paragons and they give it a buff of 4.41GRs.
That buff does not even bring the guy to GR 140. While we have so many 145+ clears on live servers.

DMKT made conservative buff request of +8 GRs based on 5K top clears.

It does not give DH spot as RGK. Nerfed Crusader will still be ahead, for both solo and group play. Crusaders are killing RGK in non season under 2 mins now in 150s with 5K paragons and no Pylons. DHs is near 5 mins at same gear and paragon lvl.

Does anyone understand intent behind that buff?

Whelp… Shoot. Guess the best combo for impale is just the status quo then, with 100% dmg.

I think this is about right. The power of barbs has been tolerated by Blizzard. I think that Impale is at least 4-5 Grs below RF. RF is 6 GRs below ww/rend barbs. Therefore, the difference is 10-11 GRs; however, more people would play DH if more powerful so I subtract out a few GRs that gets to about 8 GRs. The damage needs to go from 1X to ~3.5X.

I’m really hoping that they lowballed the HPS buff so they can increase it mid PTR. They are probably tired of catching chit for having to nerf a build mid or post PTR. Better optics if they can add to a buff vs nerfing one.

But I’m an optimist.

4 Likes

There’s way more optimism in your post than is deserved, honestly…:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Meh. :persevere:

/20charlimit

Its as simple as that, more people would indeed play, if the game wasn’t so specific build centric. Until they tweak all the sets Blizzard is not providing the freedom of playing the game how it was back in season 1. Everyone here has the maps memorized even, thats a bad sign. LOL

I see that you are super vocal because your favorite DH build (Imaple) cleared GR 133 @9K Paragons on PTR.

Unfortunately, I’m too busy to try the PTR–or do much of anything Diablo-related aside from help Barbs with their builds (and even then, only sporadically). But instead of getting snarky, you might try considering this:

Maybe if you spent more time and energy working for DH buffs and less time complaining, you might, I don’t know, get more DH buffs. :man_shrugging:t6:

It is not about what I am getting. It is about you not giving F about you “favorite” DH build. As expected.

Not quite. It’s about writing a dissertation, submitting articles, and working fellowship and grant proposals while finishing a PhD–all of which are far more important than any of this nonsense.

You need perspective, and you definitely need a vacation.

I think you asked for feedback in first post. So I am giving it to you. We needed more a$$ kissing it seems like you did it in past.

What you gave isn’t feedback. It’s just salty back talk on a post in which I ask for evaluations from DHs more experienced than I, and express optimism over a buff. You might reply in the same way to DiE, whose post–directly under mine, I might add–expresses a similar optimism. But that wouldn’t quite do what you’re trying to do, would it?

Here’s an idea: Read through the thread I just linked, and think carefully about where/how you want to spend your time on the forum, because this ain’t it.

Kid, if you think we’re on the same level . . . :grimacing: :grimacing: :rofl: :rofl:

I gave you what you gave me last time.

No we are not at same lvl. Barbs are at 147 solo… because you trolled that feedback really good last time.