GoD6 Buff Feedback after Patch 2

Hi dmkt,

I have no problem with the nerf and I’m sure everyone agrees that something had to be done about the OP GoD and Hungering Arrow interaction.

I’ve said this before but I feel that the amount of energy being spent on getting DH buffed is a waste when we should be working out how to bring other DH sets and skills into the game to broaden the diversity and appeal of the class. Blizzard alluded to that in the comments with their hopes that the GoD 15k buff will eventually open it up to other primary skills being able to be used with it.

PS counting upvotes when there’s no way to downvote is a bit misleading, innit? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ngl I’m personally against a buff, insofar as if you came up to me on the street and said “Hey, GoD got nerfed pretty bad” (surprised Pikachu face) “but they kinda fixed it and now it’s okay but not as good as it was. Would you support a buff?” I’d think you were putting me on.

The actual details are important though, as is the hit to enjoyability (which goes beyond “I like big numbar run many rift”) in balance-centered play i.e. endgame. Casual and top-ranking players are all in agreement that the build feels off. Whether it gets buffed, reworked, or reset to how it was and nerfed in a more conventional and targeted fashion than throwing a critical mechanic out, something should probably be done.

Taking performance out of a build to bring it in line is all well and good. Taking the fun out of playing it at your target level is not. There are enough inert builds in a season.

2 Likes

The only reason the DH is that high is because the of the GoD set. It happen awhile back when they redid the Shadow build. Everybody jump on the bandwagon than too. If they rebuff another character down the road those # will go back to normal.

I love this and it is so true and my same feelings. People this is a video game not live & death here. Be happy for what you got. Plus this isn’t a video game any more!!! It is a contest to be the leader-board Kings and that is on all classes too.

1 Like

Maybe there’s a forum somewhere on this site where you can all voice opinions other than telling people in the Feedback for the PTR that they can’t provide feedback on the PTR?

It seems more than a little silly to do it here, in feedback threads.

2 Likes

why? then why other sets he tested @130+? why not all @120 or all @130 ?
it is not only about seasons here, and anyway even in seasons lots go above paragon 3000. it is also about non season. so now on non season we should expect this build to perfrom well @120, great. and the great Wudijo back-up and support this, corruption is at high levels in our days…

I have some great concepts already written out that I will gladly post this week towards the closure of this PTR. These address M6, Chakram/Elemental Arrow, Danettas Hatred and Multishot.

In the past I wrote out long buff request posts, some of you might have read them. Many supported those ideas. They were collaborative discussions to inspire more competitive playing options.

April 2020

July 2020

What was delivered for our underperforming sets? We got half a buff to Impale Holy Point Shot over the past year and the Gears of the Dreadlands set.

So when I call out this dev team for neutering our flagship build, you gotta understand where this is coming from: a longer drought going back to Rapid Fire, a buff given in April 2019 PTR 2.6.5. Do I have to wait another 2 years for the next crumb?

And for those saying be happy with what you got, I am responding back with: NO, you have not explained why I should be happy with GR135 GoD6.

Go ahead convince us 91 likes… we are waiting.

6 Likes

tbh I don’t see the problem with GR 13x vs 14x. I don’t think you need adjustments to get +5 GRs. I think you need adjustments because those last few GRs look like they feel awful.

Where you are is fine, but how you’re arriving there is pretty honk.

RESPONSE: Other classes are able to solo GR140+. This translates into having a group DPS role, which translates into more paragon and higher gems.

Next.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone’s going to want this iteration of GoD for 4-mans because they can scrape out the worst 140 of their lives.

1 Like

These plain numbers say nothing because DH is still the most played class in D3 by far. You have to set these numbers in relationship to the total amount of players with less than 5k paragon of each class in that era. And the resulting factor is what you need to look at. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nobody is going to want this iteration for anything other than speed 120s. That’s all that it is good for. But we don’t have a solid DPS for high tiers, it’s not even second rate. I’d rate us close to the Monk class at this point.

Trait DH Monk
Trash Clearing DPS Poor Average
Boss Killer Poor Poor
Support Great Great
Key Farming Great Great
3 Likes

which are you looking to break into in 4mans?

I’m not. The zDH does the meta 4-man fine. However, the rag-tag mix-and-match 4-player groups that you run when you cannot fill the slot is compromised. Where you used to swap a WD for a Necro, or a Bomb sader, etc. It went to crap for that DH sub.

I could regularly carry GR143-145 with 100% success without the missile dampening on the DH. I cannot offer even close to that anymore, maybe the WD still can.

I feel more for my clanmates who don’t have the fallback.

4 Likes

One other point that I’d like to make. There are players out there with mental illness, while a nerf might not seem like a big deal for the fortunate level minded population, it DOES affect other folks more severely.

Mmkay?

3 Likes

…says the guy who gets zero upvotes :wink:

2 Likes

I suspecting something here, what if they want Dexterity class to be an entry class, capable 120, supp oriented. Because this will be, monk and dh in 2.7.0 @4000 paragon will not be capable to do 130+ without a lot of fishing.
but this is sad, they should say that clearly: “we want monk and dh to be chars for begginers, to play up to grift 120 then switch to another class or remain supp”

You definitely are on to something.

Well, it looks like we sized this up the D3 game. See you next patch.

I wonder if they’ll actually listen to the community :confused:

5 Likes

I think if the revamped Firebirds goes live from PTR where it does GR140+ then you really have to question their approach after GoD DH and WD nerfs.

I fully expect Rathma to get a small buff when going live from PTR v2 and Firebirds to get a nerf when going live.

Otherwise if I was a DH or WD main I’d be very displeased.

3 Likes

You DON’T want to play new GoD set with your friends.

Adding more players = more monster HP.

But if Barb groups them up nicely for you in lovely pixel pull you will not do more damage because GoD’s group clearing potential is severely limited by 3 pierce cap.
You will be just slower if your friend joins in. It will not work.

4 Likes