2.7.0 v2 Rathma Pure Pet Set

It’s not possible to permanently CC anymore as these effects have stacking diminishing returns on duration ending in temporary immunity. The reason I chose “all runes” originally was that it has parallels in the Inna set effect for monk, where the Mystic Allies are multipliers on your damage but one (?) is sacrificed on activation.

I don’t like the weirdness with both Flesh and Blood golem going away, though, or activating Flesh (drops corpses at a target location) and Decay (consumes corpses at the target location) at the same time. If I had to pick something, I would say Bone Golem is most appropriate for this set.

Summon Golem summons four golems and gains the effect of the Bone Golem rune

This would allow you to pick another rune if you like (including flesh golem for Mask synergy) or instead of losing 9 stacks of DR/damage, you could use Decay Golem as your means of summoning a super-minion and simply consume the many corpses you’ll be generating as you stomp along (and maybe get some Nayr interaction in there if you like with 4-5 poison skills).

Last night I has a conversation and did some research that led me to conclude that mage damage would be fine for the build as long as it excludes Singularity, though. Mages do less DPS than skeletons.

One solution is to create 4 different Golems

• 4p : Control up to 4 Golems : 1 Flesh, 1 Ice, 1 Bone, 1 Decay. Skeletal army count as active Skeletons

Effects will trigger independently, but still addition (rather than multiply for the Decay rune). So you don’t have to choose.

Ah nice catch. As other Golems will proc, Decay Golem could be forced to proc even if there are no corpses, and could count as an active poison skill. Interesting if this is what happens.

Please explain the computation.

The gist of it is because skeletons attack so much faster than mages, they end up doing more DPS. Stacking attack speed (e.g. Skeletal Archers) also benefits Command Skeleton more than Skeletal Mage.

Here’s the copy and paste of the conversation Tebo is referring to.

Command Skeletons = 50% and 100% when commanded

Command Golem = 450%

Revive = no clue lol

Non-Singularity mages = 400% initial burst then 200% after (except for archers but they attack slower than other mages)

So there isn’t a huge gap between the minions in terms of damage. If anything they could move Command skeletons damage up a bit and adjust the damage on the set accordingly to bring them all somewhat even. Just a thought

All that brought us to this:

Isend…While I actually like your idea of a full-blown pet build for Necromancers, you are asking for something that will genuinely never happen in D3.

The end of the PTR is near.
This set LITERALLY just got a rework, changing it entirely.
Your idea is not entirely well thought out, though highly interesting.

Yes, feedback to the changes. Again, they JUST changed the set. They are not going to go do all that work to RE-rework a set.

Except they kind of do. I do not think I have ever seen the PTR last longer than about two weeks. The change you are suggesting, would take weeks, if not months just to change the set, let alone get the items into the PTR for testing.

No, they are not. That makes zero sense.

Your suggestion is not modifying itemization, it is modifying the entire set down to a mechanical level, so I am not sure what you hope will happen.

Again, I actually like your idea, but you have to be serious. This is more of a post for the live forums, to run a cool idea by the community as a whole. I feel this is not very productive for the PTR FEEDBACK section, considering it is not feedback on anything contained in the PTR.

Maybe you have something to say on how to improve the set? Maybe a change to a cooldown, or the way minions work within the constraints of the current mechanical concept of the set? Maybe even changes to the legendaries that might be used with it?

tbh I don’t see a problem with it. I mean, on a scale of 1-10 I’d give us all a 1 on likelihood of suggestions being adopted, and tbh most of these suggestions have been being refined over lengthy feedback from each other and if you think they’re rough now you should’ve seen us yesterday.

1 Like

I don’t see the same numbers.
For 10 Mages you have to read the line “Total DPS”.
10 Mages is much stronger than 7 Skeletons + 4 Golems combined.

Skeletal Mage No Rune

• Count: 10
  • Cost: 40 Essence
  • Duration: 6 seconds
  • Damage: 16
  • DPS: 32
  • Total DPS: 325

Passive Command Skeletons No Rune

• Skeletons: 7
  • Cost: 50 Essence
  • Damage: 4
  • DPS: 32
  • Breakpoint: 54 frames

Active Command Skeletons No Rune

• Skeletons: 7
  • Cost: 50 Essence
  • Damage: 6
  • DPS: 47
  • Breakpoint: 54 frames

Command Golem No Rune

• Damage: 37
  • DPS: 24
  • Cooldown: 45 seconds
  • Breakpoint: 90 frames

It’s because Command Skeletons are seen as a single instance, while Mages are count individually.
Furthermore Mages itemization increases this damage gap.

1 Like

:clown_face: I should’ve slept a few days ago. You’re absolutely correct.

It is a PTR Feedback, and a constructive one. :slight_smile:
I will copy the proposal outside PTR Feedback at the end of PTR.

One of the other suggestion I had was having command skeletons damage brought somewhat up to par and making adjustment for minion damage on the rathma set.

It might be possible if you state a line saying you allow non-Singularity minions, but then divide Mages damage by 10.

I think it currently easier for people to mind “LOD for Mages, and Rathma for other minions”, but why not.

Absolutely. Loved the minions both melee and range go to work. All in all, I’m just hoping for rathma to work with AoTD and minions and I was never a fan of Singularity mage. LOD can keep that rune.

Let’s see what happens and if not, I have D2R to hold onto :stuck_out_tongue:

I just really want to get back to that AotD craziness we opened with. I could’ve tolerated even Bone Spirit if they’d just left AotD alone and focused on Bone Spirit tuning to bring it in line.

I wasn’t even using Rathma’s Shield.

Yeah… wasn’t too happy about gutting AoTD and focus on bone balloon.

1 Like

Added a synergy with Golden Georget of Leoric

• 4p : Command Golem No Rune grants the 5 Golems. Skeletal army count as Skeletons / Massacre

Golden Gorget of Leoric

After earning a massacre bonus, 6 Skeletons are summoned to fight by your side for 10 seconds.

Pairs well with the 6p bonus

• 6p : Each Skeleton, Golem, Revived Creature gives them 1000% increased damage. Immortal minions
1 Like

This topic has far better ideas than the new changes :rofl:

2 Likes

i think diablo 3 developers not playing this game maybe 1 hour maximum

Agree. I tested Rathma v2 with 100% Bone Spirit. As expected the gameplay is uber trash. Bone Spirit cooldown is awful even with LoD. Bone Spirit moves terribly slow. If you miss target, wait until next LoD. Frustrating gameplay as hell. If this is the intended gameplay, if they do not rework this piece of crap, you’d better skip Necro on S23.

Like all players, I want Rathma to be a pure pet set.
It’s not too late to fix Rathma.
Just need the will.

1 Like

I just reset Bone Spirit with Revive again tbh. It’s still janky af churning your minions like that but it’s accessible at least.

1 Like