Iron Golem Issues

I am repeatidly losing iron golems because they get stuck and then for some reason they turn into a targetable enemy (see link for pic)Iron Golem Problems

This is really annoying because I use items like IK maul to make good iron golems and when this happens 2 minutes after making one it is really a huge waste.

It would be nice if either we can prevent this from happening, OR, if we could cast iron golem spell on the targetable iron golem and it creates a new one with the same stats.

Thanks for reading.

20 Likes

I too just experienced this game glitch in Tristram on my Iron Golem made from an insight. Luckily it is an inexpensive RW, but this needs to be addressed immediately considering the potential cost to the user. Definitely going to hold off my Beast Iron Golem until this is fixed.

7 Likes

Just happened to me aswell. He got stuck, left my bar of summons. I ran back and my skellies attacked him.

5 Likes

Chiming in as well, lost an insight CV I made for just the purpose of it, golem locked in place and skeletons turned and started to swing at it killing it almost immediately, happened before that as well with an ethereal edge, not as devastating of a loss but still concerning. This never, ever happened in normal D2. Iron golems give summoners a big edge with what they can make so this is a serious problem.

4 Likes

Iron golem disappear from runeword Insight.

3 Likes

The same exact thing happened to my Insight Iron Golem. I was farming Shenk, and he got stuck on some terrain. I waypoint back to Harrogath and notice heā€™s gone from my minion bar at the top. I head back to Frigid Highlands where I killed Shenk, and heā€™s standing there alive, but targetable. A few seconds later, he dies and collapses into a pile of metal.

So, I make a second Insight IG, and this one disappears from my minion bar immediately after I teleport to the Black Marsh to go farm Countess. This time, I canā€™t even find him or the pile of metal that he wouldā€™ve turned into. Thereā€™s no way he was killed by Hell Act 1 white mobs.

2 golems lost to bugs in a matter of maybe 5 minutes. This is incredibly frustrating. I wonā€™t be making another until this is addressed. Luckily Insight is cheap compared to some other runewords.

3 Likes

Just happened to me, too. Ran back to Fortress in act 4 from the steppes. Golem got stuck around the corner and disappeared from my minion bar. Went back out and he is targettable; thus, my merc and skellies attacked and killed him. Do we know whats triggering this?

2 Likes

I even found my golem after it got bugged out, and my skeletons put it to rest

4 Likes

Same here. Literally made an IG with an obediance, 2 min later playing with him, he just vanishes. I stopped playing my necro after that. Not playing Necro until this is fixed.

3 Likes

Just saw this myself. :frowning: I guess Iā€™ll be making junk gear IGā€™s until itā€™s fixed.

3 Likes

Same happened to me as well.

2 Likes

Despite my better judgment, I made another Insight Iron Golem. Of course, the bug happened again, this time, in The Secret Cow level. I managed to get a screenshot before my skeletons killed him. You can see it at imgur (dot) com/a/rDZetOD.

Incidentally, you may have noticed a clay golem among my companions in this image. I resigned to summoning him after noticing I had lost the iron golem due to the bug. Iā€™m pointing this out in case summoning the CG might be viewed as the reason I lost the IG. It is not.

2 Likes

If youā€™re going to post links, please learn to do it correctly. Thanks.

How to Post Links

1. Paste the ā€œDirect Linkā€ in your post.
  2. Select the link and click the Ė‚/Ėƒ button on toolbar. Or press Ctrl+E. (Preformatted text).
  3. Click Reply.

Your link will look like this: https://i.imgur.com/4b8vS6F.jpeg

Here it is embedded:

1 Like

While I appreciate the information, it could have been delivered more tactfully. I am new to this, so I didnā€™t know how to do what you just did. Iā€™m just trying to provide information for a bug that I hope will be corrected.

I tried posting the link initially, and I read that you have to build up forum reputation first before youā€™re allowed to insert hyperlinks into your post, so I assumed that was the only way to do it.

Thought patch 2.3 would fix the issue. It did not. Looks like the IG was stuck on a foul crow nest this time and bugged out:

https://imgur.com/a/XYcVVgY
1 Like

?  

I kind of figured that. Itā€™s why I left step-by-step instructions for future use.

I even embedded the image for you. (I thought I was being helpful. I didnā€™t realize you had such ā€œthin skinā€).

Iā€™ll stay away from now on. (Thereā€™s other things Iā€™d rather be doing anyway).

It was incredibly helpful. Thank you. I did say I appreciate the information, and I meant it. You went out of your way to teach me something and I wonā€™t forget it. You were just a little snarky, so I called it out. Thatā€™s all.

You helped me, so allow me to return the favor. Hereā€™s a step-by-step guide on how to be more polite to new forum posters in the future:

How to Respectfully Communicate to Less-Experienced Forum Members

1. Recognize this is a new space for them, so mistakes are inevitable.

2. Offer information or corrections without judgment, condescencion, or sarcasm.

3. Click Reply.

Your response may look like this:

Hey, Caybin. I noticed youā€™re having trouble linking content in this thread. Hereā€™s a step-by-step guide that may help:

Iron Golem Disappeared.
Yes, after Patch 2.3

I was at Cow Level, strayed further from my summons.
Then all of them teleported around me, excluding my insight golem.
I lost count of how many golems I lost that way.
Golem did not die by taking damage. It just disappeared.
Please, do SOMETHING about it already.

2 Likes

My Iron Golem also just vanished at the river of flame, entering choas Sanctuary. He got stuck and i kept moving forward. At some point i looked at the team composition and was likeā€¦ ehhh i miss someting.

He has over 5K hp before Bo. made him from an insight so not very expensive but annoing. Hope they fix this in the next patch. Till then let this be a warning to othersā€¦ be very carefull what to use to create your iron golem becuase he can go Phoofffā€¦ for no reason at all.

Cheers

2 Likes

To anyone getting this problem. Do you have a lot of skeletons and also revives? I noticed before 2.3, the more skeletons I had, the faster they would ā€œget stuckā€ and despawn. If I only had a small squad of skeletons like say 8 or less, that never happened. Tonight I lost my level 17 meditation aura Insight Iron Golem after keeping him for a long time and I think itā€™s because I started summoning mages too, making my pool of minions stand at a high 32 total skeletons. I think Iā€™m going to stop using mages until they can fix this problem. Letā€™s hope they manage to actually pull it off.

1 Like