My skeletons just killed my iron golem

Anyone else seen this before? It’s almost like he went hostile, because he didn’t have the thorns or the might aura on him that my skellies/merc have. He was also right in the Stony Field stairway in Underground Passage 1 (which was clear of any monsters), which I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. I walk up and see my skellies hacking at him, then he dies.

Bug?

Created another IG, trying to reproduce.

Yep, confirmed a bug:

5 Likes

Confirmed. I have screenshots showing a hostile Iron Golem and a dead one after he’s been killed by my merc. Sorry I can’t post links.
_https://snipboard.io/8Xu207.jpg ← hostile
_https://snipboard.io/5wErWs.jpg ← dead

Bug report section is the place you need to go then.

1 Like

pretty bad bug since it can eat up your items :stuck_out_tongue:

hope they fix it sooner than later

1 Like

lol. Iron golem has had enough of you bossing him around and tries to overthrow you.

4 Likes

My son said he saw this too. Definitely a bug.

i’ve played with iron golem for months and never had this happen. how do you reproduce this bug?

It seems to have the greatest chance of happening when the iron golem is trapped in place by other minions, such as when first entering a cave and your IG and skeleton army are all bunched up in one spot, which is what happened in the picture on the original post.

What did you honestly expect? They are skeletons, they have no brains.

Well, I’d expect the brains behind the creators of the skeletons to address the bug, so I can create an Iron Golem out of something more valuable without fear of losing it due to some random glitch. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

but id expect my golem to do better! i gave him a pride runeword, and how does he thank me? throw a tantrum when he gets crowded and run amok!

Happened for the third time to me this week!! 2 of the times it was in the Halls of Vaught. Was paying close attention to see what is going on.

Golem stops following (rest of the army is still following), than golem portrait dissapears, i backtrack and find him standing alone. I am actually able to hower over and click the golem, and in an instant my skellies attack and kill him. Poof… one more rune word item gone.

It definately happens more in caves and tight spaces, which is like…most of the game.
I am not playing my summoner until this is fixed. Iron Golem is useless like this.

3 Likes

Would be heartbreaking to get pwned by your insight golem on hardcore like that.

1 Like

i think enigma / teleport are the solution…, if the golem are out of nowhere it tend to die / gone with no reason, or this bug, never experience this if u constant teleporting

so they still havent fixed this!?

That is how I feel when I load into act 5 and I am sandwiched by other players and cannot move, only spin round and round.

Freeee enigma’s for all summoner Necros! :rofl:

That is not really a solution is it? A solution would be for developers to fix this bug.
I don’t remember this bug being there in regular D2 LoD…

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure in theory, they did “fix” it. It’s just that it wasn’t actually fixed, lol.

Good to know this is still not fixed. Guess making a iron golem out a pride is really something you don’t want to do :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Iron Golem still disappears with no reason, and my skeletons attack the golem, the high rune word I used to make the golem is wasted because of this bug with no reason. Iron Golem is no more competitive until you fix the disappear with no reason.

2 Likes