We are seeing a large influx of reports of the Failed - Network Error recently. We are aware of the issue and our team is looking into this issue. This is a common error to occur when there is a problem with connecting to our patch servers. In the mean time, we would like to provide troubleshooting and workarounds for this issue and return you back to the game.
Note: This issue is an issue with the download file within the browser. If you are experiencing installation issues with the app, crashes, or other errors/connection issues, please create a new thread or contact support.
Try a different region link. If you are trying to download the US version, try the EU version instead and vice versa. This is because it will use the different region’s patch servers which can help with connection issues to the home region patch servers.
- For Windows, try these distribution links. (Americas | Europe )
- For MacOS Catalina, try these links. (Americas | Europe ) If these links do not work, please try these links: ( Americas | Europe )
- For MacOS prior to Catalina, try these distribution links. (Americas | Europe ) These distribution links are 32-bit versions and will not work with Catalina.
For MacOS users, please ensure to use the unarchiver and not another archive tool for the ZIP file.
If the problem continues, please try the following steps:
- Check for browser updates.
- Try a different browser.
- For MacOS, please check that the firewall is not set to block all connections. Temporarily set it to allow all connections while the Blizzard Application is installing.
- Check the proxy settings.
- If you are on wireless and support dual band connections, try switching between the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz network.
- Try an alternative connection.
If the problem continues, please report here with a connection tests to our patch servers. Use the IP Address/Host name: