Battle.net Will not Install

this did not work. I updated to the new windows and still, nothing is working for blizzard…

its kinda bull cookies that these problems only happen with Bnet, i just got the client downloaded now after probably 6 hours of looking online and trying different things

1 Like

It is, I still have yet to have success, how did you fix yours?

i was trying to get the client DL to play COD with a friend, i clicked download but on my browser i entered Private viewing mode(firefox) it finally worked by DL through there.

the problem for me is when i download the client, it gets stuck at updating.

2 Likes

i had that prob before to, i think i had to go in on a admin account and ether do a full download of the client or give permission to my user, ether way its a whole lot of bull cookies since i have seen posts about this prob from 2015

1 Like

Hmm, I tried the admin method and still no luck. I cant get into a live chat with them either because everytime i try and submit the ticket i get an unknown error. Kinda getting tired of this. Bnet should just work. No other game launcher like it has this issue! just let me update the darn thing

yeah, agree with you 100, hope you can find something that fixes it

i appreciate the positivity MGPlasma! i’ll do my best! Hopefully I can get some more input from blizzard too!

Heya DoctorLong,

Based on everything you tried so far, you’ve hit most of the most common causes for this problem. We may need to get a bit creative. I’d like to snag some information first so we don’t keep shooting at the wall to see what sticks here. Please generate a text copy of your DxDiag using these instructions. Once you have that made, open the file. Copy the code below, then copy/paste everything from that DXDiag file between the rows of tilde (~) marks where it says “DXDiag goes here.”

~~~~
DXDiag goes here
~~~~

If the file’s too large to submit, you can upload it to a file hosting site like pastebin and post the link in the code above instead. Similarly, I’d like to do a winMTR as well in case it’s a connectivity issue. What we want to do is run a WinMTR test for about 5 minutes while having problems. You’re going to use this address for the host:

us.patch.battle.net

Once you’ve caught the problem red handed and run the test for about 5 more minutes, export it. This will let us look for problems between your house and our servers which may cause this.

If you have problems with posting it due to a link error - same deal as before. Go ahead and copy paste this into your next post, and replace “WinMTR goes here” with your test.

~~~~
WinMTR goes here
~~~~
1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue - cannot download the installer. very slow download speeds then stops at about 3.7MB - “couldn’t download - network issue”. I have a brand new install of windows 10 on a custom gaming rig. Everything else works fine (eg Steam). Direct ethernet connection, download speeds ~300Mbps. Tried Chrome, Edge (new), firefox. The only thing i cannot get setup is battlenet. I’m currently only using windows defender; no 3rd party firewall or antivirus.

1 Like

DxDiag

https://pastebin.com/VA97zBta

WinMTR

https://pastebin.com/HFanSp5u

I keep getting the network error when attempting to download. tried on multiple browsers. still not working

tengo el mismo problema, adquirí hoy el warcraft Reforged y no he podido descargarlo, ni el battle.net ni el starcraft que lo había adquirido anteriormente, no me deja descargar nada de la pagina de blizzard.

Sounds like this is a known issue. This thread has the latest including additional steps to take. I was able to download the installer using the links provided.

Great! Still hope i can get some answers still the same issue for me. @Drakuloth I posted the pastebins as asked! Still cannot get passed the update

Heya Doctor!

I’m not Drak but I’ll still do my best to help out <3

MTR looks great, endpoint has the appropriate number of packets so no data loss. There is some latency spikes but not enough to cause the patch service to fail.

Only thing out of the ordinary in the error reporting is a number of CLR errors and appcrash. One of the apps crashing is the easytune service which is used for overclocking. I’m not sure if this PC is overclocked but if it is restoring to factory defaults may help with those errors. Though of course that might not really be related to what’s happening with the Battle.net app.

Here are my thoughts on this:

• Try uninstalling any third party security software (anything that’s not windows defender.)
  • Ensure controlled folder access is disabled.
  • Power cycle both the PC and home network.

If it’s still not working after that I’d want to collect some agent logs so we have more accurate data for why the app is getting stuck. Once you have the zip file, email it to us.

To: Techinfo@blizzard.com
Subject: ATTN: Kaldraydis
Body: Link to this forum post
Attachment: The agent logs! Should be in a zip file created by the tool.

Let us know how things go!

1 Like

hi, For your information. Here is how I finally managed to completely download battle net. I closed all the protections of my antivirus, I made my system updates, I checked the windows system files and unfortunately the download of the battle net application was not completed. Then I used firefox in administrator mode and voila! Its works! Thank you.

I had the same problem until a few minutes ago so if none of the other solutions worked try the steps in this link. it won’t let me add a link for some reason so just put a “.” after “support” and “Blizzard”. Hope this helps. support blizzard com/article/000257703

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.