"Failed - Network Error" when trying to download Battle.net Application Installer

Same problem here. I hope they fix it asap

1 Like

Hey there,

It sounds like you may be getting the “Network Error” on the download from our website, correct? If yes please be sure to check my other post. If not please reply with more detailed information on the error code or text.

Cheers!

2 Likes

It doesn’t give any error for me. It just stops downloading between 40 and 56%. It doesn’t say paused, it just stops. Tried turning off my firewalls, checked for viruses, restarted, closed other programs… I can do updates on my steam games and for my graphics driver, so connection is not the issue. I have this issues with all blizzard downloads. I tried StarCraft II and Call of Duty: warzone before I tried the App. Its something with blizzard I am assuming. nothing to do besides cancel download. tried running and just saving. SAME issue on my cell phone, I tried to download the installer file on to my phone to try to transfer it onto my laptop, and it kept retrying the download- it kept downloading to about half way and then restarting from 0 again.

3 Likes

old version of the download worked for me, saw it on another thread! wont let me reply with a link, but just get rid of the enters, it might work!

ht
tp://dist
.blizzard.
com/downloads/
bna-installers/322d5bb9ae0318de3d4cde7641c96425/retail.1/Battle
.net-Setup-enUS.exe

25 Likes

and now its letting me install StarCraft!!!

Same here, jesus blizz you guys cant do anything right anymore.

2 Likes

this surely is a good way of getting new customers! specially when everyone is working remotely hahaha

I can’t download it either and i wanted to install modern warfare tonight

1 Like

i cant download anything from it. got a new pc and everything keeps failing.

1 Like

So I was having the same issue tonight. (new edge browser, would get to about 60% then say network error) Strangely it seems connecting to my phones hotspot completed the download, then I was able to get back on my normal ISP and go about downloading games. Odd, and may not work for everyone, but it may help.

I have been having the same issue.

Came here to report the exact same problem. Fails at 82% downloaded on multiple browsers on Windows 10.

yourstruly88 his link work for me try it

Same here issue. The download nearly completes then says failed- network error

Hey folks,

Please be advised - this is ONLY for players who are having the error message “Failed - Network Error” when trying to download the battle.net application from our downloads page. Players who are having other installation errors will not get any benefits from these links.

When we get reports of this problem, usually it is because there is a problem with your ISP finding our website’s download servers at dist.battle.net. Sometimes you can download the Battle.net Installer from another region’s website. (Example, if you usually use Downloads – Blizzard Entertainment, you can try Downloads – Blizzard Entertainment)

If that doesn’t work, you can use a direct link below. Keep in mind that these posts we blues have aren’t updated over time. If you find this some time in the future, the links below may not work for you.

Windows Installer
Mac Installer PLEASE NOTE that due to a bug we are investigating, this will not work on Mac OS version 10.15.0 and later.

If these steps do not help you, please contact support for more help.

5 Likes

Amazing, just bought w3 for mac and can’t play… What is wrong with you guys hosting the actual installer in this link?

ANY UPDATES regarding the new link?

1 Like

Had the same issue with it failing at 50% when downloading battle.net or anything else.

just copy the link Yourstruly88 posted for the older ver of battle.net and it worked perfect

We made this a sticky thread. Locking this one in favor of the main thread to ensure everybody’s in the right place: