Hotfix for Agent not installing

Hey guys, I was also facing the problem that my battle.net app was stuck in installation saying “updating blizzard agent” and found a little hotfix that worked for me.

Download the chinese version of the client here: https://www.battlenet.com.cn/account/download/ (at the bottom of the site)

install the chinese bnet-version. go into properties of the bnet-shortcut on your desktop and at targe: add –setregion=EU --setlanguage=enGB (or –setregion=US --setlanguage=enUS) behind the targetadress. it should look similar to this: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net\Battle.net Launcher.exe” –setregion=US --setlanguage=enG

Then press Windowskey+R type in %appdata% and press enter. now you are in the roaming folder and there should be a battle.net-folder. open the battle.net-config file inside the battle.net folder and change these two commands to

“AllowedRegions”: “EU”,
“AllowedLocales”: “EU”

or US if you are from the US.

Now you should be able to start the battle.net client in your language and log into your region. I hope this helps and this will be fixed soon. Greets

edit: I needed to restart my pc to get regular download-speeds. I was able to download latest overwatch and Cod:MW patches and play the games at regular ping.

24 Likes

Give this man a cookie ASAP!
Never would’ve thought that downloading something from china would actually fix anything :D. Seriously though: Thanks mate!

5 Likes

ok lissen, i dont know who you are but i love you and if you single i wanna pfacking marry you

3 Likes

Was also pretty surprised that this actually worked :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m to lazy to pull another set of logs to verify but my guess would be that China uses a different server than EU/US to download the agent.

1 Like

It doesnt work for me, I have still stuck (chinese words…agent…)…

Oh wait, after wait it worked. Im installing battle.net lmao

2 Likes

yeah, probably just US/EU- DL-servers down?

Downloading anything from China naturally takes longer. Glad it worked for you too :slight_smile: Kudos again to Finn!

The Server itself isn’t down. It’s reachable via ICMP (Ping). Maybe they are able to fix it for the majority overnight.

I hope we will not inject corona from cn version :smiley:

2 Likes

is there also a chinese overwatch update that works? bnet works but ow update still stuck lulw

Thank you kind sir…

1 Like

So far everything works like usual for me. Downloading warzone update with regular speed. I obviously didnt do any long term testing and its probably better to download the english version as soon as blizz fixed it :smiley: I also didnt start any games, I cant tell if they are actually running. :smiley:

It doesnt work for me, I have still stuck (chinese words…agent…)…

3 Likes

I love you Man! <3 -

1 Like

give this man a cookie! Thank you sir, I can confirm it works (at least for anybody who already had the games installed and they only needed a micropatch or something)
It’s amazing how blizz doesn’t even care to fix or announce anything of this sorts while a member of the community finds a workaround!

2 Likes

Cool it worked! Can you confirm that you are able to play games on the client? I need to DL big updates, so i cant check.

yeah, i just did it too.

My launcher is english now without any ability to change the language (since id like it to be german) but hey… At least i can play again. OW is still not updating for tho after i changed everything back to EU region.

Blue didnt even response yet, did they?

I cant installing diablo3 , i dont know why.

You should have a language option in the file. Same where u put the “EU” . There should be a language line where you should just put enGB for english.

1 Like