Hotfix for Agent not installing

Hey guys, I was also facing the problem that my battle.net app was stuck in installation saying “updating blizzard agent” and found a little hotfix that worked for me.

Download the chinese version of the client here: https://www.battlenet.com.cn/account/download/ (at the bottom of the site)

install the chinese bnet-version. go into properties of the bnet-shortcut on your desktop and at targe: add –setregion=EU --setlanguage=enGB (or –setregion=US --setlanguage=enUS) behind the targetadress. it should look similar to this: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net\Battle.net Launcher.exe” –setregion=US --setlanguage=enG

Then press Windowskey+R type in %appdata% and press enter. now you are in the roaming folder and there should be a battle.net-folder. open the battle.net-config file inside the battle.net folder and change these two commands to

“AllowedRegions”: “EU”,
“AllowedLocales”: “EU”

or US if you are from the US.

Now you should be able to start the battle.net client in your language and log into your region. I hope this helps and this will be fixed soon. Greets

edit: I needed to restart my pc to get regular download-speeds. I was able to download latest overwatch and Cod:MW patches and play the games at regular ping.

Give this man a cookie ASAP!
Never would’ve thought that downloading something from china would actually fix anything :D. Seriously though: Thanks mate!

ok lissen, i dont know who you are but i love you and if you single i wanna pfacking marry you

Was also pretty surprised that this actually worked :smiley:

I’m to lazy to pull another set of logs to verify but my guess would be that China uses a different server than EU/US to download the agent.

It doesnt work for me, I have still stuck (chinese words…agent…)…

Oh wait, after wait it worked. Im installing battle.net lmao

yeah, probably just US/EU- DL-servers down?

Downloading anything from China naturally takes longer. Glad it worked for you too :slight_smile: Kudos again to Finn!

The Server itself isn’t down. It’s reachable via ICMP (Ping). Maybe they are able to fix it for the majority overnight.

I hope we will not inject corona from cn version :smiley:

is there also a chinese overwatch update that works? bnet works but ow update still stuck lulw

Thank you kind sir…

So far everything works like usual for me. Downloading warzone update with regular speed. I obviously didnt do any long term testing and its probably better to download the english version as soon as blizz fixed it :smiley: I also didnt start any games, I cant tell if they are actually running. :smiley:

It doesnt work for me, I have still stuck (chinese words…agent…)…

I love you Man! <3 -

give this man a cookie! Thank you sir, I can confirm it works (at least for anybody who already had the games installed and they only needed a micropatch or something)
It’s amazing how blizz doesn’t even care to fix or announce anything of this sorts while a member of the community finds a workaround!

Cool it worked! Can you confirm that you are able to play games on the client? I need to DL big updates, so i cant check.

yeah, i just did it too.

My launcher is english now without any ability to change the language (since id like it to be german) but hey… At least i can play again. OW is still not updating for tho after i changed everything back to EU region.

Blue didnt even response yet, did they?

I cant installing diablo3 , i dont know why.

You should have a language option in the file. Same where u put the “EU” . There should be a language line where you should just put enGB for english.