Yet another av post

So ya, after a day of lost AV’s I can definitely say the horde have a ground advantage. It’s not a player advantage, and the horde aren’t just “better”. After 10 runs in a row of losses you have to see the correlation that something must be wrong with the setup. Please blizzard, you have to see this. There’s no way you don’t see on your little pie chart of wins and losses that the horde don’t completely trounce the alliance in Alterac Valley. it’s not a skill advantage… that’s bogus, it’s a land advantage, that’s it. Please, something needs to be done to fix it. AV is totally broken currently.

9 Likes

Yet another response:
This is the same map, racials, win condition, classes, talents, etc, as were in this version of vanilla. Alliance had no issues winning back then.

The bemoaned “sCoRcHeD eArTh” is simply horde running over a faction that by and large is simply not willing to try.

Yes, the cave spawn system should be reworked, and SF death respawns as well. But the 99% loss rate is solely due to the players who act like dead weight in the BG, due to zero accountability and relatively instant queues, and the cheerleaders who support such lame duck antics.

15 Likes

No matter if it’s the map or the mechanics or players, something is horribly wrong with AV. It’s Blizzard’s game and they should have some response to it all, even if it’s to say “It’s all the player’s fault and we’re doing nothing about it.”

The biggest sin here is Blizzard’s long silence on the issue.

5 Likes

let the horde just have av… ally’s premade which makes up 80% of wsg and ab games wins almost all the time… so yea, give us a break and at least let us have av.

1 Like

The alliance pugs get trounced in WSG and AB just like the horde pugs do.

7 Likes

I have no problem agreeing with the notion that Horde have a considerable advantage in map design in AV.

That said, no changes. Wait until TBC.

3 Likes

Alliance pugs are just as screwed over by premades as horde are in WSG/AB.

Now, you wanna fix that situation of generally premades stomping pugs I’ll care a lot less about AV.

1 Like

But horde got changes.

So revert all changes to AV?

5 Likes

Put simply: make it like it was in vanilla.

Any deviation from that is a change and should not be in Classic.

6 Likes

You misunderstand them

Changes when it benefits the horde

#nochanges when its anything else

6 Likes

And if blizzard just reversed the changes that have already been made this wouldn’t be a discussion right now.

3 Likes

haha NO! and i don’t do premade ab/wsg’s :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t imagine playing horde now if I didn’t have a horde rogue after reading that, even playing as a solo guy Alliance are winning more and more every day. I have a strong positive win ratio playing solo on alliance, so what you’re saying is the horde fail constantly. Though in reality, feels like a 50% win rate in my horde rogue vs other premades, and really if you just don’t solo que on Tuesday and Wednesday, the rest of the week isn’t bad at all on either side.

there’s already a thread on this, no need to start your own.

NO they really are. Man for Man the horde that go into AV are more powerful than their Alliance counterparts. The only skirmishes that the Alliance usually wins, they outnumber and/or have a better defensive position.

Look at the level, rank and gear of both sides and you will see the Horde players, on average, exceed the average alliance player, by a substantial margin in any particular AV match.

3 Likes

No horde in general are not just better. Alliance with half a clue about pvp are actively avoiding AV right, why would you expect them to queue into a map that significantly favors the other faction?

2 Likes

Alliance can and do win on this AV map but I think the actual competitive PvP players want every advantage they can get, which is why they refuse to queue AV unless they get double honor for it.

A lot of AV losses can just be attributed to having 5-6 people AFK in the spawn cave, or just having a bunch of rep farmers on your team that only care about killing Galv and getting a quick mark. Alliance just has too many throwers because queues are too short.

Blames the alleged 99% loss rate on “tHe mAp”

Lies down in the road and blames the road for being run over by 99% of cars.

1 Like

Well given that alliance do not have the same loss ratio in the other BG’s the map is the only other variable.

1 Like

:thinking:

yeah, the 99% loss rate is totally not a player issue.

1 Like