Worst PVP expansion of WOW by far

Reasons:

1. No PVP Vendors:
The Venruki post said it all almost a year ago and we hit another expansion with RNG in PVP. Also, next patch PVE’s are getting vendors while pvp still the same crap.

2. Azerite Traits:
Another bullsh** from the RNG system. Also, some traits are very good while others are useless. Azerite traits stacking create some powerfull and brainless situations (1shot ghouls from DK, DH doing 4k hps with the dispel trait, mage fire, etc)

3. Broken Classes:
Windwalker, DK’s, Locks and MM hunters are useless in Arena. You need to be a pro player to do something with these classes while others like DH and Mage bring a ton of utility and damage

4. Pruning:
Removing artifacts took out a ton of abilities and a lot of cool stuff baseline. Speaking as a DK I lost the bonus from the exploding shambler, bonus for AMS and IBF, etc. Now you hit 120 and have less things to press than the previous expansion and it feels horrible.

5. Pruning on pvp talents:
The “choose 3” is horrible designed. What’s the point of pruning 2 talents and thinking thats a good idea? As a DK I cant use core, fun and and skilled abilites like Dark Simulacrum and AMZ. Bet other classes got hitted hard too. Classes need more pvp baseline abilities.

5. Cosmetics:
2k Sets in Legion were very good designed and beautiful. Now we have a ugly identical sets for every class.

I bet you wont make huge changes this expansion but do this next expansion:

1. Return the pvp status from WOTLK with honor and coquest. Using the baseline of today ilvl (I can’t remenber all the correspondent rating-piece lol) :

Rating: 1400 - 385 Gloves
Rating: 2000 - 385 Shoulders
Rating 2200 - 385 Weapon

370 gear could be bought with honor points.

Also make this itens a diferent set, its cool to look others and think: wow nice 2200 weapon etc. Cosmetic plus skill is something that people cheer in this game, that’s why Mage Tower did so much sucess.

Sorry for the horrible english, its not my first language. Feel free to add more cool stuff that you would like to see.

Thanks.

175 Likes

This post might have a long thread… so here I go

First!

22 Likes

I would disagree with the comment “Worst”…
The game play itself is far better then legion. Templates are gone, and trinkets can be used, that is kinda great…

But the rest of your post rings true. Some specs are just outright bad, others are so overpowered, it is not funny.

17 Likes

I think gear mattering again without vendors being in place is worse than the legion templates.

62 Likes

Bring back templates

27 Likes

Vendors would fix this. If they didn’t add vendors, templates would fix this

25 Likes

PvE trinkets in PvP always breaks the game but they decided to give it a shot for the 100th time surely it will work now!!!

33 Likes

Disagree with rating = piece of gear. PvP gear should be free. If you want to make it fair for PvE players then have PvP gear only usable in PvP situations, I don’t think anyone would care. No one should be gated from PvP, because they don’t have gear. Fair playing field.

PvP talents are hard, I feel like a 4th talent would fix a lot of issues and a 5th would be :ok_hand: but I doubt Blizzard will ever do that.

Pretty much, Vendors please.

24 Likes

Sadly I don’t see anything changing. Really lame honestly, this gearing system is absolutely miserable.

21 Likes

In b4 “I made this character yesterday and I’m 350 with a bunch of random crap I picked up off the floor gearing isn’t that hard” with a bunch of random traits and off spec trinkets and poor stats

14 Likes

You’re back? I thought you quit? :scream:

4 Likes

No, WoD still remains the worst.

Edit: IMO

4 Likes

In wod you could get whatever you needed for gear in pvp minus one rng trinket

15 Likes

In bfa your entire characters gear = ashran trinket

13 Likes

I don’t see how? Better class design, spec identity, the best gearing system aside from Ashran stat stick trinkets.

5 Likes

Yea wod gearing was great. Skill>gear and I had 3-4 toons fully geared to play with. No azerite traits or AP.

18 Likes

I think one or two pieces doesn’t matter that much. Also, you could get a less geared version just by honor.

3 Likes

it also doubled down on the prune that was legion. Like it gutted their already trash class design. Peeled off the tape that was holding together the bad idea that was legion class fantasy.

16 Likes

I’m in limbo at the moment. Kinda got juked into posting again by the forums changing up because I wanted to make sure the vendors post continued on. That being said, when I was originally quitting, I still had a month of game time left, and I’m now at the 19 day marker. Haven’t been in game hardly at all during this time though, so not really thinking that I’m going to resub…

The exception to that is if my partner finishes leveling his warrior and we’re actually able to play a real comp because of that… which it looks like he might do… He has a way of keeping me around right as I’m about to quit, so we’ll have to see.

5 Likes

You don’t have to justify quitting or not quitting, no one on these forums is signing your checks bro.

With that being said though don’t go making another farewell thread then come back the next day (before the new forums launched :wink:

6 Likes