State of BFA season 1 and Player Perception

Maybe y’all should exchange phone numbers and have a nice facetime conversation about this.

1 Like

I’m sure he’s a sensible guy outside of his desperate crusade to appear smart and witty on the forums. Anyways, I’m leaving this thread alone you guys enjoy!

1 Like

Leitka - Durgka
I’m embarassed you needed a website to figure that one out. I logged to Durgka to whisper you because you put my hunter on ignore while whispering me, lol!

It’s always interesting to see how people “remember” events in their lives. Big yikes Phen what are you doing!

Swing and a miss pal.

things just havent been the same for phen since the events of June 16th 2015
fox40 .com/2015/06/24/monk-accused-of-stabbing-fellow-monk/

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/worst-pvp-expansion-of-wow-by-far

It makes me miss wod/legion so much, we’ll keep it at that.

I say this all the time. 10/10

Marksmanship would be engaging if it weren’t so underpowered. Undo the nerfs done at 110, and it might be fine.

Imo things that make the game not fun

1. rshams. Dont cast so how can u kick them. Sits in ghost wolf randomly so u cant swap him comes out throws and earthgb throws a grounding riptide ghosts away then drops earthen then repeats

2. dh mana burn. Doesnt land a kick all game but you now have no mana and auto lose

3. boomkin tankyness and their win condition is one button. Incarn.

4. greater pyro and rogue mobility. Ever 3s on an alt and the rogue runs to africa and back just constantly on you. You die in any kidney that the mage decides to meteor.

3 Likes

This season (BFA season 1) has felt more like a beta than anything else. Overall, not happy with the state of the game or direction it is going. Here are some of my problems with the state of the game (pvp)…

• No Gear Vendors. I wish we could have another option to gearing without worrying about RNG. Its easier to gear in pve than it is to gear through pvping. With gear mattering in this expansion instead of last expansion, gear vendors would help out. Have Honor/Conquest points as currency and cap each week. TF/WF is also creating many problems with gearing both for pve and pvp. This forging system makes it feel as if you can’t complete your character or control the way you customize your character without RNG in the way. There’s also the Azerite system which has created more problems than good compared to tier sets. Not saying pvp will even be balanced, but this system of gearing is sure not helping the cause!
  • Class Design Poorly Done. I’m just disgusted with most if not all the class designs in the game right now. There are very little depth to all classes and many classes do not have high risk/high reward game play. There are also very few choices in the talent tree (both trees) with some talents being baseline once before in the game’s past sadly. Percentage changes will not fix classes all the time, classes need more depth and mechanical changes to create fun/better gameplay.
  • Incentives to PvP. This goes back to my first point about gear and gear without vendors. Winning Bgs or Arenas for a chance for gear with some sort of low or high Ilvl creates a frustrating design. We can’t target rewards and there is very little we can do with Marks for Honor tokens. There needs to be an attractive reward with engaging gameplay for players to continue playing (example: Timeless Isle). Some will say the only incentive to pvp is to push rating anymore which should not be the case. Heck Warfronts isn’t even pvp lol.

Though there are many other points I could bring up (Pug system needing an update, ect), I feel as though it wouldn’t matter as much due to most our feedback not getting the love it needs anymore. I can only hope Blizzard reads our feedback and does something with it!

5 Likes
  • Class design is actually garbage. No, actually, calling it garbage would probably be an insult to literal garbage.

• People are tired of this stupid slot machine skinner box gambling, it’s a huge insult to MMO players who play a game for long term (and sometimes grindy) progression that they earn. MMOs were literally founded on long term goals that you push for and earn, of which BfA has absolutely zero.

• Meta is stale and awful with RMP and Turbo running rampant and playing like literal apes for free glad ratings. Moonkin is cancerously tanky while dealing insane damage. DH mana burn is actual aids. RShams are unpunishable gods with zero counterplay.

• Fury and DH are absolutely destroying 2s and even when you beat them it isn’t satisfying because you never really outplay them because their design doesn’t allow for counterplay, they just have an actual stroke mid game.

6 Likes

And hpal 100% sac is also horrific and should be removed as well!(:slight_smile:

PvP just isn’t exciting. I rather do M+ which are very fun than que into RMX or DH.

Quit doing arena by week 3, every comp WAS the same RMx bull*hit. Azerite traits way overtuned, classes way overtuned combined with overtuned traits, RBG’s are quite literally a waste of time and a cancerous toxic bracket. Classes still haven’t been brought in line cause blizzard is a bunch of apes, and to top it all off rated still has a massive barrier to entry resulting in toxic community and difficulty in finding arena partners. No solo queue and the community is toxic AF.

TL;DR this game ****ing sucks, and almost everyone I play with quit already.

2 Likes

Well that was certainly personal. Why the agro?

Vendors.

If not vendors, I’d be fine with them vastly increasing the ilvl on the rewards that one of the weekly grind gives you so it would pseudo mimic vendors, irrespective of your current ilvl or rating.

And then turning those quartermaster coins into something useful. Like if you want to change your reward that you got last week into another item of the same slot with different stats, it would require a coin and your old piece…

any QoL improvement would be welcome.

It’s not all that personal, you’re just sensitive.

BM got nerfed harder than it needed to because of ignorance in the community about how to counter it (you CC the pet, not the hunter ) and the current state of hunters is being shoehorned into melee because BM, the only viable ranged spec, ate unnecessary nerfs.

All of BMs damage is heavily and obviously broadcasted.

if you don’t stand on top of the basilisk, stand in the tornado of eagles, and CC the pet when it turns big and red, they do very little damage.

BM also only really lands traps by either trapping another players stun, burning pet stun, or dancing on top of the player to be trapped (incredibly obvious what’s about to happen when a BM hunter wants to stand on top of you)

As a rogue, you have an ample toolkit for shutting down BM. Survival is the scarier spec for you to face.

BM is tanky, but it is no longer threatening. It’s basically the Blood DK of hunters. It’s absolutely not “stupid right now” unless you’re referring to pet pathing being worse than ever. Survival has higher pet uptime generally due to using Kill Command (which charges the target) considerably more often.

When you die to a BM, it’s because you made a stupid.

Id argue that the way bm is designed is what made it get nerfed. Not every comp is designed around ccing pets. You have 2 of them btw. Im definitely under the assumption that the nerf was warranted and i still see bm on the ladder. The problem prenerf is that the pet was soloing people with just passive damage and random crits on claw and stuff like that. They reduced the pet damage and people can stay alive now.

I agree that blizz is heavy handed with nerfs but the specific one that reduced all pet damage was needed. The others im not so sure about.

2 Likes

Nah, over-reliance on arenatarget macros and under-utilization of pet CC macros is what did it. Lotta tears about pets early in the expac. Lotta mage tears specifically and ironically.

Every decent comp is built around some degree of CC, all of which can be targeted easily at pets except, ironically, hunter traps.

You obviously don’t know anything about BM since nobody plays that buggy talent. A) It does considerably less damage B) it’s prone to despawning entirely for several minutes at a time if the primary pet dies or despawns
The only time people run 2 pets as BM with any viability is when base-sitting in rated battlegrounds because it’s an extra pet to CC to cap the node. That second pet doesn’t really do much.

I’m starting to wonder if people that don’t play hunters are mistaking survival hunters for BM hunters because the pets are sticking to them like glue, honestly. 71% of hunters are now survival.

“prenerf”
Which nerf? there were 3. The first nerf was very much so justified. The second nerf wasn’t really necessary but didn’t impact decent hunters very much. The third nerf was strictly unnecessary and the result of dev’s reacting to complaints made before the first and second nerfs went live.

BM is also always stronger at the start of an expansion and loses power with gear. It was destined to fall behind to survival due to utility in time anyway, but when everyone is undergeared BM does more respectable damage due to the way stats scale pets versus players.

Yeah, because you have to get handily outplayed to actually die to a BM hunter now, which is why 70% of the class is now survival.

The third BM nerf should have included a minor buff to barbed shot and cobra shot to move some of the specs damage back to the hunter instead of the pet, but even that is only really necessary due to the poor understanding others have of the spec and the resultant tears. A BM pet is not going to do significant damage to you behind a pillar because A) they cannot kill command and B) the hunter cannot maintain barbed shot on you, which is what buffs pet damage to high levels. If you die behind a pillar with a pet on you, it’s because you’re also LoSing your healer.

The amount of times this season I’ve seen people referencing “kill command behind pillars” is ample evidence that the majority of the community is not up to date on BMs actual playstyle. Survival and BM each have “double LoS” to deal with in that neither spec can execute Kill Command if you are LoSing either hunter or pet.

Early in Legion before BMs nerfs, BM was legitimately soloing people while hiding behind pillars spamming Kill Command. Those days are long gone, but the community still seems to bear the mental scars.