Warsong Gulch Exit Portal Removal

In approximately two hours, we will deploy a hotfix to all WoW Classic realms that disables the exit portals from Warsong Gulch. Thereafter, players who need to exit the battleground will have to use the other means of doing so: /AFK.

We’ve seen an increasing number of reports of these portals being used in unfair ways, and we feel that taking this step eliminates the potential for unfair gameplay while making no change to the intended, legitimate flow of the battleground.

As always, we really appreciate and value all of the player feedback that raised the issue. Thank you!

55 Likes

#nochanges

59 Likes

Exploiters and griefers forcing changes once again.

55 Likes

Fix the scouting problem first.

10 Likes

#somechanges

37 Likes

So portals are OP but 95% Horde winrate in AV regardless of all attempts to counter is fine. Yeah, good Ol Blizz. Feels like I’m 15 years younger all of a sudden…

52 Likes

Blizzard can you give paladins a taunt? Also crusader strike would be nice.

19 Likes

…they did…?

13 Likes

Wait… what a blue post. /headexplodes!

On the Asian servers theres a balanced win loss rate. Horde and alliance. This is a player issue not a balance issue There are far more afkers on alliance side. When Horde have to wait over an hour yeah its going to bring more competitive horde players than if it were near instant like it is on alliance side.

38 Likes

This appears to be a change. Does this go against the spirit of vanilla?

9 Likes

It’s been fixed, actually play the game before posting

15 Likes

what about AV cave portals and mage portals?

Ques would be shorter if Horde would stop forcing games longer. Means fewer alliance re-queing and fewer playing at all. Horde also ACTIVELY try to keep Alliance form even gaining bonus honor of LT’s and Commanders, which doesn’t hurt Horde AT ALL yet they still seek to prevent. Congratulations, your long ques are your own faults, enjoy them.

5 Likes

HAHAHHAHAAH wonder what the next blue post is “due to a high number of requests we have added in the barbershop and lowered mount requirement to level 20 for regular and 40 for epic”

17 Likes

Awesome :grinning:

It’s amazing that people can’t just play classic for fun. Just because there’s a tool to grief people doesn’t mean you have to use it.

I was perfectly okay with people snowballing AFKers out of AV, but throwing people out of WSG was just straight up griefing.

34 Likes

Man I thought MC’ing out was hilarious. But I guess it needed the fix. Thanks for the update Kaivax.

4 Likes

so when you fixing AV ?

9 Likes

You can’t see the scoreboard in WSG until the whole team enters now.

3 Likes