Unofficial Playable Furbolg Discussion Thread

Were there any Furbolg’s in Ardenweald? Hopefully nothing like Ursoc. That was sad. :frowning: Or maybe Torghast? I can’t remember running across any, but I wasn’t really looking.

2 Likes

None unfortunately that I’m aware of. I have looked around for any hints…

Since most mortal souls in Ardenwealde take on animal forms it’s hard to tell what most of them ever were.

That all said I would expect Ardenwealde to be a common location for them to end up.

2 Likes

You did an amazing job with this.

I hope it wouldn’t be identical to chad bear but I’d be okay if they looked similar.

3 Likes

Haven’t seen any sign of Furbolgs in Shadowlands at all, myself. I don’t even recall seeing a spirit of one with the other NPC race spirits in that one area of Maldraxxus. I’m sure Ardenwealde would be an ideal place for them, or perhaps there is another afterlife we don’t go to in the Shadowlands for them.

Of course, the best place for Furbolgs to be is on the Alliance side of that character creation screen!

Playable Alliance Furbolgs are a bear necessity! :honey_pot::bear:

6 Likes

When would’ve been the best time to recruit Furbolgs? There must’ve been a time that would’ve worked pre-Shadowlands.

2 Likes

Honestly I think two or three points particularly but really they’re mostly good to go anytime after vanilla.

So first really good time is when they did actually join the Alliance alongside the draenei back in TBC.

The Stillpine are already allied with the Alliance and the draenei directly by the end of their story lines and even better during vanilla the night elves helped uncorrupt both the Blackwood and Thistlefur, later reinforced in Cata.

Cata being another good opportunity for them to have joined up. By then not only do we reassert the Night Elves/Alliance uncorrupting the Blackwood and Thistlefur, but they also played a hand (night elves and Alliance/Horde players) in uncorrupting the Redfang and Frostpaw furbolg in the Grizzly Hills who hold Grizzlemaw City.

Legion of course is and should have been a great excuse for a ton of races. Furbolg fought against the first invasion by the Legion, they would have fought again.

And then bfa is another option.

No doubt the Horde trounced through their people along the way through Ashenvale since the Horde tends to see them as either night elf allies or beasts in the way. Not to mention what they did to the blackwood and the gnarlpine.

Plenty of room to make the furbolg decide to come to aid the night elves.

Getting the furbolg to join is really childs play.

Ursol guide you and Ursoc give you strength!
:honey_pot: :bear:

4 Likes

Thinking about the benefits of the furbolg in the Alliance.

One, a new shaman and druid class race.

Two, a non standard civilized group. Bring they’re tribal and would be a collection of groups rather than one could be a nice addition for the Alliance. (dwarves also follow this concept).

Three, they’re non-human like. Something the Alliance is missing a lot of.

Four, they’re bears. Who doesn’t want to be a hulking 12 foot tall muscle bear flinging spells and such?

Five, it’s been a long time coming. They’ve been on again off again allies of the night elves countless times. They are allies of the draenei and the Alliance in the Stillpines case. It’s long overdue.

Six, they could be a nice addition between the night elves, draenei and worgen on Kalimdor to reestablish Alliance efforts on that continent.

Theres plenty of good reasons to add the furbolg I think.

4 Likes

I still feel like with what the Night Elves are going through and the events at the end with Tyrande and the Winter Queen, it would be a good time to introduce Furbolgs. They can always help to grow that new seed and help to take care of it. Thus playing on how they’ve long been allies to the Night Elves.

And as you pointed out, they offer some really unique features that would add some much needed flavor to the Alliance. It also makes a lot of sense and would be one of the races from the RTS days that would be good to see in the spotlight again.

Maybe they would be interested in making contact with the Furbolgs on the Dragon Isles as well. Sounds like a pretty neat opportunity to me!

5 Likes

DF pre-order is up!

Nothing new for furbolg and no new AR sadly but there are some nice items for those of us who are dragon fans.

2 Likes

I’m starting to think this might be a problem with these hyper-focused themed expansions.

Dragon fan? Cool, we’re gonna play as dragons and ride around other dragons as we solve dragon problems for dragon main characters in the homeland of the dragons.

Hate dragons? The next three years are gonna be rough for you, buddy.

4 Likes

While it’s disappointing to see no other playable race as rumored from the previous “leak,” at least we can close the book on that rumor.

It seems like Blizzard is aiming to get Dragonflight released before the end of the year:

It’s a bit concerning, and I hope there is plenty of time to work on and polish stuff in the expansion.

As for me, I’ve pre-ordered the base version. Nothing really interested me for the price with regards to the other tiers of pre-orders. Frankly, if I could get some more character slots to make more than 50 characters for my account, I’d seriously consider ordering a higher tier. Shame that wasn’t an option this time…

Anyway, I’m still excited to get out of Shadowlands and to eventually make my two Dracthyr characters. I’m also looking forward to helping report any info on the Furbolg we encounter there. Hopefully, they’re friendly!

2 Likes

I agree with this. I get needing a theme and concepts for the expansions but I do wish there was more wiggle room with stories happening alongside them…

Its kinda a worldbuilding issue WoW has been facing for awhile now and requiring new races to be relevant to the expansion seems silly to me. Races can easily be written to join for any event. imo.

It is oddly freeing not to have to wonder anymore. I still wish they’d add a new run of AR’s though.

I do find it a bit concerning, though I’m calming myself on how little features they’ve actually announced. Seems they’re focusing on big but few features to try to make sure they’re done well in that short time.

Honestly though I think this is Activision’s current heads trying to get one more expansion out before Microsoft takes over. Trying to get a little more money in their pocket before they’re likely going to be removed from their positions. Hard to say though.

I have concerns. lol

Absolutely! I’ll keep my eyes peeled as I journey through the Azure Span of the Dragon Isles and see what new things await the furbolg tribes!

Edit: ONE MORE THING!

Baby Ursoc is now an option in the shop and its adorable. While he cannot replace Ursoc as Blizzard killed him for all time, it is a small comfort to take a whisper of him along with us!

3 Likes

The lack of playable Furbolgs on the Alliance side of that character creation screen is unbearable! However, the time to send in our feedback on the matter has come once more!

At the start of each month, I send some in-game feedback for each of the races I want to see playable, along with their respective megathreads on these forums. If you’re also interested in doing the same for your most wanted playable races, I made a little step-by-step guide on how to do that here:

Every little bit helps. Maybe we’ll be able to inspire interest in how awesome playable Alliance Furbolgs would be. You never know!

3 Likes

Tossing my support for furbolgs.

With the story as it is now with all the alliance interactions and aiding each other, the alliance does not feel complete without the big bear boys, similar to how horde feels incomplete without ogres.

Bring them into the fold blizz!

2 Likes

Some new AR threads opened up today! Very neat!

Rajani Allied Race Thread - By Mianyaue

Mok’nathal Allied Race Thread - By Mianyaue

Broken/Krokul Allied Race Thread - By Mianyaue

3 Likes

I need to get on to do this… I’ve been very uninspired to play wow of late.

On the plus side I’ve begun modding Rimworld which has been a neat skill to learn.

It would be so easy too! (Also thank you for the support!)

Furbolg are almost able to be added at any time too. Their stories are already perfectly primed.

1 Like

It has been a pretty big lull in-game currently, so I imagine a lot of people are taking a break. I’ve been focusing on my gaming backlog some while leveling alts.

I imagine once Dragonflight news gets out and the expansion launches, it’ll be pretty busy on the forums. Also in here, since we’ll be reporting on the Furbolg on the Dragon Isles. Still hoping they’re friendly, and if they happen to have a rep, I’ll be making getting exalted with them and any related questlines with them a priority. Same with Tuskarr, just in case.

2 Likes

Furbolgs are closely related to Druids therefor they would have to split on factions like the Pandarens.

I don’t think they would.

The Horde regularly sees them as animals to be removed or tools to use.

The Alliance has always (through the night elves and draenei) been either trying to help or allied to them.

Also in no way do druids equal neutral by default. Otherwise we’d have tauren and night elf druids in both factions. (or worgen or trolls or Zandalari or Kul’tirans)

Druids work together often but they are not neutral for players.

3 Likes

If we get the furbolgs from the Stillpine tribe as playable race, we could have a rework of the Stillpine Hold to have a better racial capital for them.

I can’t wait to see if the furbolgs get a new model in DF too.

3 Likes