Unofficial Playable Furbolg Discussion Thread

It wouldn’t even be particularly larger or smaller than most of the AR’s capitals that we get to play with either. Honestly the Stillpine are great contenders alone for the furbolg for the Alliance.

Plus they have the real possibility of having not only Druid and Shaman, but also Paladin as well because of their closeness with the draenei.

Absolutely! I hope we do and I hope they have female and male models finally! Even if its not fully player ready I’d still love to see that care being taken.

3 Likes

Sounds like it’s not just me then. I’m finally getting around to checking things after a couple month break. I’m just now getting caught up in these threads.

2 Likes

Lots of new info on Dracthyr customizations gives me hope for new and old races down the line on breadth and width of options.

Imagine different body options for all races.

Those hairstyles and accents.

Body markings separately from face and body and even arm and leg.

5 Likes

Yo forget the Dracthyr, did you see the new Furbolg model?!?

4 Likes

Imgur

But I didn’t see female furbolg for now.

5 Likes

This was linked in the Ethereal megathread, but this shows off some of the reps in Dragonflight:

I don’t know if this would be all of the reps at launch, but it doesn’t seem like there is a Furbolg rep at present. Makes me wonder if the Furbolg we run into will be friendly or not. Things can always change and there could be more reps shown, so I’ll keep an eye out for anything else of interest.

Playable Alliance Furbolgs are a bear necessity! :honey_pot::bear:

1 Like

I just looked over some of the customization Dracthyr are getting, and it’s a lot!

I do hope this raises the bar for customization going forward.

1 Like

furbolgs for alliance.
horde receives gnolls.

2 Likes

Holy hell I did not!

They’re beautiful!!!

2 Likes

As always we will get the better deal with the Alliance getting another Mechagnome-like race without much transmog-options available to them.

I’ll hope they’re friendly, though we often come across both unfriendly and friendly ones in expansions.

That’s a fair few reps though so I wouldn’t expect a lot more but that doesn’t mean more reps won’t show up later.

I think it will. Ion suggested as much in an interview.

2 Likes

Looks like there are at least two tribes. Winterpelt and Rustpine Furbolg.

One in the snowy zone of Azure Span and the other in the forested area. No indication as to whether or not they’re hostile or friendly so far.

1 Like

Wowhead has screenshots of several spots in Azure Span, including what seems to be dens or areas where both the Winterpelt and Rustpine Furbolgs reside:

Still hard to tell whether this is a friendly encampment or a place for quest jobbers unfortunately. Will keep an eye out for more info to report.

Even if the Furbolg tribes here end up being angry mooks we beat up, at least there are plenty of other Furbolg tribes who are friendly and would work as the playable Furbolg faction!

Playable Alliance Furbolgs are a bear necessity! :honey_pot::bear:

1 Like

It is possible that we may be allying or building rep with the Winterpelt furbolg. They are listed as an unknown faction here. I am not sure if their rep faction being unknown means that it has not yet been implemented, or if it was removed earlier in development. In any case, they are probably the friendly tribe.

2 Likes

Oh thats nice to know about.

I can’t wait to meet them!

1 Like

I wish with the buyout of the other studio, that they’d form a dev team whose sole purpose is customization.
Basically how other games regularly get skins and such, this team would regularly be adding new character customizations, allied races, class skins, maybe even new classes with help from the regular dev team. Necromancers and tinkers are well over due.

So do the new models use the same existing animations or are they built on a different rig?

3 Likes

Hard to tell right now. Some of the stances I’ve seen look similar but I don’t think we’ll know until later.

Also good to note this is Alpha. A lot can change between now and release.

EDIT: Looking through it a bit more the stance is fairly changed. I don’t think they’ll use the same animations they used to.

Further looking through the data some of the furbolg are likely allied with the gnolls. They’ve been split by promises of power and decay. The Gnolls are using decay to empower themselves.

Seems like we’ll likely be friendly to one tribe and hostile to another.

2 Likes

When I first saw them, a specific creature came to mind, and I finally got a good image of the Furbolg over on mmo-champ.

It looks like they’re built on the drogbar rig, which was what came to mind when I looked at the image that was posted above.

Doing a google search, the idle stance is identical.

2 Likes

I can see that. I’ll need to see more to feel confirmed but thats definitely very close.

Theres a picture of them cowering too that I think matches that.

Probably Drogbar.

1 Like

Hokay so, wowhead posted this…

Within it we can see several furbolg labeled as Primal furbolg as well as Stone Primal Furbolg.

I’ll show them here.

Some interesting possible implications here.

Primal could indicate that these are somehow a closer relative to the Jalgar from which furbolg descend. Or it could just be a reference to them parlaying with the powers of the Primal Dragonflights we’re supposed to see in DF.

OR it could just be the file name for the furbolg model update.

Because of the stone primal furbolg I think this mostly has to do with some furbolg allying with the gnolls and their use of the decay magics and forcing the elements to work for them rather than working in harmony. Effectively I think the gnolls will be working with/for the primal dragonflights and giving them the knowledge of how to force the elements to do their bidding, and the split in the furbolg tribes in the Azure Span is that some are joining with the Gnolls to learn this power.

Another alternative could be that maybe the powerful shaman among the furbolg clans have just found ways to become stoney. Or they’re elementals that just look like furbolg.

So many questions so few answers.

I hope they become playable one day!

Ursol guide you and Ursoc give you strength!
:honey_pot: :bear:

5 Likes