The forsaken lost more than the night elves in BfA

I have an idea! The next bonfire we have, we will roast Forsaken!

mwahahahahaha

Exhibit A for example,

A lot of Nelf players come off as weirdos with nothing constructive to say who take a fantasy story wayyyy to personally.

However I wouldnā€™t regard them as representative of the whole Nelf playerbase. Many of whom Iā€™ve had thoughtful, engaging discussions with on these very forums. The existence of specimens like this doesnt make me less sympathetic towards the otherwise legitimate grievances of Kaldorei fans.

8 Likes

This is correct, but at the same time is what happens. so if we have these people not only not having any simpathy but also mocking them i donā€™t think that people are going to return that sympathy when they didnā€™t recieved any in the first place.
What they are going to return is apathy.

this has happened during the entire history of humanity, i believe.
yeah it is bad,but is probably human nature.

like this, see? this is revenge.

ours is a cycle of hatred

Oh sheesh, guys. Take a chillpill. lol Iā€™m not referring to players, only to npcs.

Really taking things out on players is a bit childish. Donā€™t u think?

1 Like

Please provide evidence.

Iā€™ve heard more than one Alliance player cite these legions of Horde players cheering Teldrassil, but I must not have seen it. If anything, this feels like yet another club Alliance players are trying to use to cudgel the Horde into narrative submission.

15 Likes

I personally at least didnā€™t see anyone who was reacting positively to the Burning on the red side. I know people who apologized as if they were responsible which is just how the Horde went into BFA. Because Blizz decided our characters should be forced to be complicit in a genocide.

10 Likes

Iā€™m interested in hearing an answer because this is far from the first Alliance player to suggest large groups of supportive Horde players.

The only thing I can think of is they count GD mongoloids.

8 Likes

If Forsaken get narrative progression and has plot ties to the overarching narrative, hand me the torch.

1 Like

Yeah I didnā€™t see any Horde player happy about it. Iā€™m not sure why obvious griefers are being presented as some legitimate Horde player perspective.

For example Iā€™ve certainly seen some Forsaken edgeposters but typically only when they breach GD containment walls and scurry in here to give truly awful takes more embarrassing to Forsaken fans than anyone else. But there arenā€™t any in this thread Iā€™m seeing, so why bring it up?

3 Likes

mostly sylvanas loyalist, and many of them happens to be forsakens or belfs.
we know who they are. all those who supported sylvanas as well.

just doing a quick research:

i am sure that doing a more exhaustive research i would find more.
Not talking about GD mongoloids. people here, in the story forums.

maybe you didnā€™t seen them or your simply ignore them.
i donā€™t forget, and most likely, those who donā€™t feel sympathy towards the forsakens must feel the same.

i understand, they try to support their team.
They were happy by destroying teldrassil and genociding a playable race? fair enough, is a game.
but that doesnā€™t mean that we are supposed to feel sorry when blizzard ruins sylvanas and their culture.

10 Likes

I mean, I see two there that look like they were ā€œhappyā€ about it. Most of those look like justifications - which, yes, happened a lot in the early part of BfA because, guess what, weā€™d been stuck with a giant pile of crap as a narrative and people were trying to rationalize. You also have Threeslotbag in there who trolls everybody, so I donā€™t really count that as valid, either.

I donā€™t really see the sort of ā€œmockingā€ you were talking about. Alliance players justify their stuff too, so why do you get to treat the Forsaken playerbase like crap because some players - and I donā€™t even think I see a single Forsaken avatar in that bunch you linked - tried to justify an event? A lot of people tried to justify early on, and then quit the game later when it became clear what Blizzard was doing.

So, no. I donā€™t see what you have linked here as justification for that other poster to look down on Forsaken players and demand their narrative be sh1tty.

5 Likes

Generally the only horde I see upset at teld, are the ones who realized they where gonna get punished for it later, I wonder how many people would have cared if blizzard said the horde was gonna get scott free without sylvanas getting punished.

Dont get me wrong its a both sides thing, as I feel theres many alliance players right now who think if they got true revenge on the horde that they wouldnt get punished either.

1 Like

That pandaren may or may not actually be a night elf :green_circle: :green_circle:

1 Like

Funny that not a single dead poster of the lot.

1 Like

oh i am sure that i will find it if i search with more enthusiasm.sadly i am a little busy at the moment.

or you are going to tell me that we donā€™t have sylvanas loyalist around here?.

The forsakens, as a race have been nothing but evil monsters who invade lands and destroy cities and on top of that we have to deal with forsakens players mocking about it. like i said, fair enough.is a game.

is a shame because i know that they have some good people who play forsakens,but is not hard to see why i donā€™t have forsaken complains under my radar.

but well, it is how blizzard has written it, i wish they also could have wrote a more satisfying conclusion that didnā€™t leave us in this permanent state of ā€œnot enough.ā€

The Forsaken are an inherently heroic race that managed to claw a place for themselves in a world that hated them from minute one despite being entirely made from victims of the most vile evil to ever scourge Azeroth.

Of course theyā€™re cruel. The Alliance made it clear from day one that peace wasnā€™t an option and all their worst deeds were perpetrated by rogue agents you were instructed to kill. Unfil BtS onward at least where it was retcon revealed that Slyvanas was the architect of essentially all Forsaken wrongdoing and misfortune.

Tirisfal to Silverpine to Hillsbrad to the Plaguelands were not the Forsaken being villainous from their perspective. They were routing enemies that theyā€™d been set at against their will and self interest or people whoā€™d dare to treat their rightful claim to Lordaeron as an infestation to be exterminated. Perhaps they acted monstrously but their foes made it crystal clear their opinion of them was as such before theyā€™d even have a chance to say hello.

4 Likes

I donā€™t know if edgy is accurate but Curse, DiF, Darrethy seemed to support the burning. Saria I think. MMO champion has done polls where many supported Sylvanas.

3 Likes

Lol from day one, yet the alliance never once attacked the forsaken ever till the war started in cata.

1 Like

Hereā€™s the thing, though - and maybe I didnā€™t make this clear enough, or maybe I misunderstood what Etheldald was saying in the first place. If you were asking about people who justified Teldrassil, absolutely, there was a lot of that. But I was getting the impression that this was a tit-for-tat thing, that because there was lots of vicious mockery over Teldrassil that it was now okay to turn around and say the Forsaken players deserve to have their story gutted and with no way left forward.

Darrethy at the least has never, ever struck me as the type to engage in mockery. I know Cursewords and DiF had stronger opinions, so I wouldnā€™t say they wouldnā€™t. But, save for Cursewords, none of them really post on the forums anymore. Even if they were, are we saying itā€™s okay for posters like Kat, Lightstryke, Zerde and others to the tar posters like Benedikt with their gross gloating over how badly things are going for the Forsaken narrative?

Itā€™d be one thing if you were throwing a toxic playerā€™s words back in their face. What I see here is active gloating by Alliance players over the fact that Blizzard is punishing players who never had a choice in doing what they did.

15 Likes

They were actively occupying their territory and hunting them in Hillsbrad and the Plaguelands. And the Church of the Holy Light actively entertained the Human Supremacist Terrorist organization called the Scarlet Crusade.